WHAT'S GOING ON WITH ME?????

Bad boy + Bad girl = ?

Hyukjae’s POV

When I turned the corner leading to the corridor where our headmaster’s office was I could clearly hear the heavy breathing getting closer. I smirked when I saw Heelin standing outside the office with a panicked expression on her face. Wow, that rumour really must’ve gotten her in trouble…

“So… How did your meeting with the headmaster go?” I asked her as I got closer to her. She turned to me with a pissed off glare but there was also a sadness in her eyes. I couldn’t quite decide on whether it bothered me or not.

“ off Hyukjae”, she hissed at me. She heaved herself up. “You have no idea what you’ve done you ing bastard!” she yelled and in the next second I saw her eyes welling up with tears and she ran away from me. I stood still, frowning. Had she just begun crying? Before I knew it I was running after her.

“Yah Heelin wait!” I yelled. She was fast but she couldn’t match my speed for long. I grabbed her wrist and forced her to stop. “Why a-” I started but something prevented me from continuing; a pain across my left cheek spread and I could even feel blood sipper out from the wound Heelin’s ring had created. I stumbled back, barely regaining balance until I hit my back into the lockers. Heelin had run off again and I had missed to see where she went. I was too concentrated on my cheek to even wonder where she’d gone. When I had returned from the slow-motion mode to being in normal speed I went straight to the toilets to look at the opened wound. It looked really bad so I decided to head home to treat it. It astonished me that Heelin possessed such force in her body, when the fact remained that she didn’t seem that strong. She’d most certainly proved me wrong on that point.

I got home about ten minutes later and cleaned the wound to not get an infection then I walked out to the living room where my phone lay on top of the living room table. There were several missed calls and messages, most of them were from Donghae who probably wondered where I was. I picked up the phone and sent him a quick message that I was home but he didn’t seem too pleased with that answer because in the next second he called me.

“What?” I questioned annoyed once I’d picked up. Donghae huffed.

“Why are you so damn rude? I just wanted to make sure that you were okay. You disappeared from class so I took your bag. What are you doing at home? Want me to come by after school?” Donghae’s million questions were enough to make me wish that I’d never met him… I sighed.

“Sorry then. Yeah, I’d appreciate it if you could come by my house with the bag, thanks. And the reason I left was because… Well let’s say I had a fall out with Heelin, I guess.” I scratched the back of my head while I was speaking, not sure if I actually felt bad for what I’d done to her. Not that it was me who’d spread the rumour itself but I’d asked some people I knew to find something out and then create a rumour. I could hear how Donghae sighed loudly and mumbled an ‘oh god’.

“I’ll come right away.” He hung up. I threw the phone on the couch and went to the kitchen to make myself and Donghae some instant noodles since we both were missing the lunch hour in school. Just when I was done Donghae walked inside the kitchen. I placed the two bowls on the table and we sat down to eat. Donghae wasn’t exactly pleased by what I’d done to Heelin. To be frank he was quite mad. He glared at me as I told him all about what had happened.

“Donghae, please cut it out”, I said. He shook his head and ate the last of his noodles.

“Well, at least you got what you deserved.” I looked up at him, having raised my eyebrows in dislike. “You know that too Hyukjae”, Donghae said. I sighed and bent down my head.

“Fine… I guess I did. Haha, I wonder why she was so upset though. I mean if it isn’t true then why get so freaking upset about it, right?” I said, hoping to light up the situation. That did not happen. Donghae’s glare was worse than ever. “Sorry.” I tried to take back my words but Donghae stayed to be unforgiving.

“Do you know anything about that girl at all Hyukjae?” Donghae wondered. “Do you know what she’s been through? Huh?” He used that lecturing voice that he utilised whenever he wanted to point out that the guys and I were making stupid, ignorant decisions.

“No I don’t. But if you then I’ll be happy to listen”, I retorted annoyed. What the hell could make this girl so special that even Donghae cared about what happened to her?

“First of all, she has the same relationship with her parents as you have, meaning it basically doesn’t exist. She, like you, feeds of others’ weaknesses. She has had problems with food and stress, which is why she’s so good in school because studying helps her relax. Her friends are es who hardly care about her more than wanting to be near her because that makes them popular too. Then she’s been arrested for having narcotics and taking them, this caused a lot of problems with her parents. She’s afraid of them. Anything else you want to know?” Donghae finished. I couldn’t believe it. This girl had more problems than anyone else I’d ever met in my life.

“Is that why she’s mean to everyone?” I asked. Donghae shook his head.

“No. She’s mean because she can. I mean, there’s not a single person in our school who doesn’t know she’s a but that doesn’t make it okay for you to that to her. Do you even know the consequences of your stupid prank?” Donghae questioned. It almost sounded like he was genuinely upset.

“So all you just said about her is true but she still didn’t deserve what she got? I don’t get it Donghae. And how come you know so much about her? Don’t tell me you have a crush on her.” Donghae rolled his eyes at me.

“No, I don’t. And no, I lied. She just has some troubles with her parents like you do. Otherwise she’s perfectly fine. I wanted to see if you had a heart or not”, Donghae said. “It’s apparent to me that you don’t.” Well now he’d really pressed a nerve!

“What the hell, Donghae?” I yelled. “Just tell me what the hell I should do to fix it then! I don’t like what I did, fine, I admit it! Maybe I went too far. What do I know? I just wanted to put her in her place. She annoyed me.” I glared at Donghae once I had finished speaking. He was holding on a laugh. “WHAT THE HELL NOW?” I shouted. I was growing so tired of this. The guy messed with my head! What did he want me to say?!

“Nothing”, Donghae said. “You’re just incredible, both good and bad. You’ll figure out what’s going on inside of you sooner or later.” With that, Donghae stood up. “Your bag is in the hallway. I see you tomorrow”, Donghae said and without leaving me any room to neither comprehend nor reply he closed the door behind him. What the hell just happened? I thought to myself. What had Donghae just done? Why was I having the very strange feeling of wanting to apologise to Heelin for what I did? Not because of the lie Donghae told me about her that caused a tiny bit of pity to form in my chest but perhaps she’d really gotten upset for the fact that she’d realised something else? I wanted to apologise to her anyhow. I stood up and grabbed my car keys. I had no idea what had gotten into me but I needed to speak to Heelin now. I walked to my car and drove off to her house. I didn’t see the text that Donghae had sent to me, since I had left my phone on the living room table.

Congrats Hyuk! You’re capable of feeling true love~ ;)


Hello~ I just wanted to thank you all again for reading this story! I think it's turning out pretty nicely, would you agree? :) I love all readers but those who speak up are a little more fun, oki? Get where I'm heading?~ Hahaha! Please comment and subscribe and I'll update shortly again! ^^