Friend?

Angel of Death

Last chapter

“Changmin was the most precious thing for her so I took Changmin as the price.”, Hayoung muttered.

“But that would make her actions on killing Jiyeon was nothing.”, Sehun looked at the sky.

“That shows how bad envy is. Changmin wouldn’t like her anyway. He already gave all his heart to Jiyeon. ”, they walked along the lonely street.


 

Chapter 7

      “Breaking news! A girl was found dead this morning with scars around her body near Gijeong Complex. The CCTV showed nothing but only the girl screaming and pleading to be freed. Further investigation will be made. Some people said it was a wild beast while the others believed it was the ‘Angel of Death’ due to an angel’s wings mark on the victim’s left side neck.”

     Suho turned to Hayoung who was preparing for school. “Hayoung-ah, where did you go to last night?”, he asked.

“You already know.”,the other answered without turning.

She was at the door,wearing her shoes. “When will you stop these things?”, he walked towards her. It was early for the girl to go to school.

“This is just the beginning.”, her words echoed in his ears. The door closed shut, footsteps from upstairs was heard.

“Where’s Hayoung?”, Sehun asked, tilting his head a little bit. He was feeling weird when Suho just sighed and pointed at the door. “I’ll be going then.”, Sehun left quickly, worried that Minseok guy would be walking with Hayoung. He was relieved when he saw Hayoung sitting on a bench across the road. His feet made their way there, stopping in front of the girl. “Hayoung-ah, what’s wrong?”

“It’s in the news. ‘Angel of Death’ is becoming a hot topic. I thought Seoul’sHelllGirl was my nickname.”

“Don’t worry about it. They won’t know it’s you.”, Sehun sat beside her, relaxing his muscles by leaning against the back of the bench.

“It’s making me uncomfortable. I might make mistake with my powers and that will make things turn bad.”, Hayoung looked down.

Sehun took her hands into his, smiling a bit. “Hayoung-ah, why not just call it quit?”, he looked into her eyes which widened at his words.

The girl snatched her hands back roughly and stood up. “I won’t. You do know the reasons.”

“Hayoung-ah.”, Sehun quickly grabbed the other’s wrist and stood up. He wanted to say something but-

“Sehun-yah! Hayoung-ah!”, Minseok ran towards them. Sehun slowly let go of the other’s wrist. “Were you waiting for me?”, he smiled widely. Sehun rolled his eyes mumbling “as if.”

     When they were about to part ways, Sehun stared at Hayoung. “I’ll come to your school, arasseo? Don’t go back home alone.”, those were the only things he could mutter out. So, only Hayoung and Minseok left.

“Hayoung-ah, I’ve never heard your voice before. All you do is actions.”, he broke the silence between them. He wanted to ask about what happened yesterday.

{ FLASHBACK }

     “So, who will read the text?”, Minseok scanned the faces in front of him. “No one? Fine, I’ll pick….no.23. Who is it?”, he asked, again scanning the faces. He caught the sight of the girl sitting at the corner slowly raising her hand. “Alright, Hayoung-ah. Read the text.”, he straightened his back, his hands leaving the edge of the table.

    The girl stood up and lifted her book. “But seonsaeng-nim.”, Tia whispered. She was sitting in the front row and surely Minseok could hear her. Looking down to her, Tia whispered, “We never heard her voice. We all think she’s mute.”, Minseok raised a brow.

“What do you mean? I can hear her voice.”, yes, Minseok could hear it but then, when he looked up at Hayoung, seeing her lips didn’t move. His eyes widened. He could still hear the voice reading the text, so who’s voice was it?

{END OF FLASHBACK}

     Hayoung didn’t answer him and just went into her classroom. “Did you watch the news about the girl died at Gijeong Complex? I bet it’s the Angel!”, she could hear the students talking.

“Yeah! I wonder who is this angel?”

“It’s not an angel, it’s a devil! Gosh, why do they even call him angel?”

“Duh, because of the mark she left! The Angel’s wings! Idiot! I bet she’s a beauty!”

“How do you know she’s a girl?”

“I just guess. If I know who is that angel, I want her to be my girlfriend!”, Hayoung almost coughed.

A girl knocked her desk gently. She looked up to her right to meet Hayi’s gaze. “Can I borrow your notes? Exam is coming up and I heard that you’re the top student. Plus, I don’t know what to study.”, she asked. Her eyes were full of hope. Hayoung didn’t know what to say. She couldn’t even remember when was the last time someone talked to her as sweetly as this. “Um…it’s okay if you don’t want to.”, she pouted and turned to sit properly. Hayoung was still staring at her.

A minute later, a soft knock on Hayi’s desk was heard. The blonde girl was about to turn her head to Hayoung but looked down at the Biology notebook that was shoved to her desk. Her eyes caught a piece of note sticking to the book.

“Hope this can help you. Give it to me when you finished reading it.”

It read. Hayi smiled sweetly at the girl beside her. Somehow, she wanted a friendship between her and the black haired girl to bloom.


“And why can’t you!?”, a voice echoed in the house. “Well, yeah. I have work too. And that girl has her life! She’s old enough to take care of herself!”, another voice protested.

-“Can’t we stay like this for a little while? I need some comfort.”,

“They weren’t like that before. They were two of the cheerful kids here. However, an incident changed them. Since then, they became introvert kids. Playing with only both of them. They lost their smile.”,

Next Chapter - The Only Time He Would Do That