Read My Mind

Angel of Death

Last chapter

  “Why must it be leg?”, Sehun stretched out his arms. “I wanted her to fall. Fall far away from her dream and can’t go back up again. Now, another white swan is shining while her bestfriend, the black swan could only watch from far away.”, Hayoung muttered. “Jealousy are one of the darkest feelings.”


Chapter 17

    Luhan walked towards the girl. “I would like caramel macchiato, please.”, she requested. Luhan smiled. They made eye contact for a few seconds. He walked towards the kitchen. He glanced at the girl. ‘Why can’t he accept me like a friend?’, he read the girl’s thoughts. He placed the caramel macchiato on the table.

“You know, maybe he’s just shy to accept you as a friend or he just hates you in general.”, Luhan spoke, making the girl’s eyes widened. He left the girl alone with her macchiato. She sighed. How did he knew what she thought? Why did he need to answer? She stared at the young man. ‘Oh no, why did I answer that? Now she thinks I’m weird.’, she read the boy’s thoughts when he glanced at her.

‘I don’t think you’re weird at all.’, she slowly smiled when he read her thoughts.

His eyes widened. ‘You can read my mind?’

‘Yes, I can. Surprised to know that you can too.’

Luhan was about to reply to the girl’s thoughts but he was smacked in the head by his workmate. “Yah, who are you staring at?”, he poked Luhan’s rib with his elbow. “That girl over there? Yah.. Luhan, your taste is for elegant ladies?”, he laughed and went to continue his work. Luhan face-palmed himself. He looked at her sipping her caramel macchiato. She went to the cashier holding her book in her hands. Luhan went to clean her table and saw a bookmark. He assumed that it was the girl’s. he ran out but didn’t see her anywhere. He looked at the orange bookmark. It was a handmade bookmark.

“Friends are people who you’re comfortable with. True friends are people who loves you for who you are. Best friends are people who you can be yourself with and have a serious conversation.” – Hong Yookyung

        “Kim-seonsaengnim.”, Yoojin called.

“Yes, what is it, Yoojin?”, Minseok turned his head from his worksheets to the student.

“Yesterday, I saw Hayoung walking in the rain. Maybe she needs a rest. She seems pale today.”, Yoojin played with her fingers.

“So you’re worried about her?”, Minseok smiled. He was glad that someone was worrying about a girl people wanted to avoid. Yoojin looked at him wide-eyed and looked down to her feet.

“Yes.”, she mumbled.

“Why don’t you go and take her to the infirmary?”, he spun his chair a bit, turning fully towards Yoojin.

“ B-but she..”

“Yoojin-ah, don’t be scared. She won’t bite you. Maybe she’s just shy.”

The girl sighed and bowed. She went back to class and stood beside Hayoung.

“Hayoung-ssi, gwaenchanaseyo?”, Yoojin started. The girl only lift her head up to look at her, emotionless. Other students quieted down and stared at them. Yoojin bravely raised her hand and placed it on her forehead. Everyone gasped. Hayoung, shocked by the contact, slapped her hand away. Yoojin apologized. The other walked out of the classroom followed by Yoojin.

“Maybe she’s just shy.”

Minseok’s words echoed in the shorter’s head. Hayoung walked slowly down the corridor, her hand depending on the wall. Yoojin walked up to her, took the other’s arm around her shoulder. She wrapped her arm around the girl’s waist. She was thin, Yoojin had to admit. “Kim-seonsaengnim asked me to take you to the infirmary.”, with that, Hayoung didn’t fight back.

     “President will be here in a while. You’ll get to meet him. Here is your department. We’re glad to have you back.”, Suho didn’t know what the secretary meant but he just shrugged it off. “If you have anything to ask, you can refer to Ms. Park.”, the secretary pointed gently at a lady who was walking up to him. “Ah, Ms. Park. This is your new member, Kim Suho.”, the secretary, Ms. Im spoke to her.

The girl had a long, wavy brown hair with porcelain skin. He bowed to her. “Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Suho imnida.”, she shook hands with him.

“Park Chorong imnida.”, she smiled at him. Suho was sure that he saw her somewhere. “Let’s go meet our CEO.”, Chorong lead him to the Main Office. She knocked on the door and opened it. “Sir, Suho has arrived.”, the young woman cooed. Suho couldn’t really see who the CEO was. His chair was backing him.

“Yes, would you mind leaving the two of us alone.”, the chair spun, revealing the owner of the voice. Suho’s eyes widened. it felt like there was a big lump in his throat. He didn’t even hear the sound of Chorong’s heels leaving the room. They made eye contact. Suho’s hands curled into fists. “We meet again, W06.”, and.. Suho’s face turned pale.


“I can’t believe he carried you here.”

-“You should rest some more.”

“That part will never leave me. I can’t forget you even if I want to.”

-“I missed them.”

“She will turn into a demon when that time comes.”

next episode;The Reason