Breakout

Angel of Death

Last Episode:

“Enjoy the show, my love.”, Hayoung realized one by one, the room was brightening up a little. It was filled with screens.


Episode 35

          Screams filled the rooms. The Angel of Death only stood there, watching the show they were giving. Her pupils couldn’t get any bigger, her breath stuck in . Her hands moved up to her ears, covering them. “No, no. Stop.”, she shut her eyes tight, not wanting to hear or see anything. Her loud breathing stopped when she heard the voice she missed the most.

          “Hayoung-ah, come here~”, the voice of a woman laughed. “Aw, look at you. Learning how to wear mommy’s make up, huh?”, Hayoung lifted her head up, looking at the screen. There she was, the person she had been wanting to see. The woman smiled at her, no, at the camera back then. “Sehunnie is recording us. Hayoung-ah, look at your brother.” The woman laughed again. She picked up little Hayoung in her arms and the camera was placed on the table. Little Sehun appears in the screen, running into the woman’s arms. “Mom, after we grow up, let’s watch the videos I recorded again.”, Sehun smiled at the woman and then at the camera.

Hayoung struggled to walk closer. Her feet felt so heavy. Her hand reaching forward, touching the screen, touching her mother’s face who was smiling. “Let me make a little speech then.”, the woman hugged both of her children closer. “Sehun-ah, Hayoung-ah. When you watch this video, I bet you’re a grown up. Do the things you love. Always follow your heart. I’m sure you two will make a good decision. When things get hard, don’t give up. Keep on fighting. I love you kids. Smile, okay?”, she chuckled at the end of her words.

           “Mom.”, Hayoung’s voice cracked. “Mom!”, she sobbed. It felt like her heart was being ripped bit by bit. “Mom! Mom!”, her fingers wandered around the woman’s smiling face. Her cries stopped when the screen turned black. It was replaced with another video. There was her mother and a man but she couldn’t see his face because of the angle of the CCTV.

“Sehun and Hayoung are the proofs that the experiment worked. Though they are still unable to control their powers.”

“They are just little kids.”

“When I first injected you, I didn’t know that you had Sehun in your womb.” The man sighed. “So he took the power from you.”

“You successfully injected me with the illusion.”

“Yes, but Hayoung took it as well. Why did you must be pregnant when I injected you? Hayoung, she has something else. I injected you before you knew you had her. And you could even use the power but when she was born, the power was taken by her. Leaving you nothing. That is to my surprise. I want to see how far that little child can go.”

“Don’t use her.”

           The screen turned black. Hayoung could only stare at the new video in shock. That place. That fire. That memory. “Mom!”, the little girl shouted. “Mom!”, she ran to the woman lying on the floor but was stopped when a few wooden planks fell down in front of her.

“Don’t come in.. It’s dangerous.” The woman’s voice cracked.

“No! I’ll save you. Please don’t leave me!”, she shouted and someone gripped on her arm. He pulled her out of the house.

Hayoung closed her eyes. She heard the screams again. “Mom! Mom! Let me go! Mom!!!!”

 

          “Stop.. Please.. Stop!!!”, Hayoung screamed, pressing her hands on her ears harder. Tears streaming down her cheeks, she fell down to her knees. “Stop!!!!”, she screamed from the top of her lungs, hurting her own eardrums.

The girl punched the floor, gritting her teeth. The screen was showing an old man smiling as if he was smiling at her pain. “I created such a beautiful monster.”, the old man uttered. The young girl got up on her feet, raising her head to look up at the screen with hatred. “If you think you can get away with this, you’re wrong!”, she pointed her sword towards the screen. “I’ll teach you what pain is!”. Her sword had become tasty for blood more than other nights. She gave the screens a few blows, shattering the glass of the tv. Her breath became more violent, making her grip on her sword tighten.

She moved towards the metal door and took out a few mini bombs. “If you think swordmanship is my only skill, you’re wrong.”, she threw the little round materials to the door, creating a huge explosion. The siren started to sing as she stepped out of the room.

Footsteps were heard from behind. “There she is!”, a few men came running after her. The girl glared at them, straightening her arm to the side, getting ready to strike with her sword. She took a step forward and slash the men. She kicked and punched them, taking them down one by one, not forgetting to cut their legs. She looked down to her victims, her eyes glistening in anger. She slashed her sword more, blood tainting the white walls. She heard a gunshot and if she didn’t move slightly, she would have been shot in the head. She turned her head quickly, making eye contact with the shooter. The boy smiled at her.

“Good reflex.”, Seungjun walked closer, making Hayoung became more self-conscious.

“Bring me to him.”

“Not until you pass me, Hayoung.”, he smirked. He pointed the gun towards the girl, pressing the trigger slightly. “Now, show me what you’ve got. What you’ve turned into after all these years.”

He pulled the trigger but the other was quicker. She bent herself downwards and punched the man’s stomach. She slashed her sword across his chest, tearing his shirt open. “You’re clumsy for not wearing any protection under your shirt.”, she muttered before hitting the back of her sword onto his hand, making him letting go of the gun.

The man chuckled. “Amazing power and technic there.”, he smirked again. “But not yet enough.”, he spun himself before he raised his leg, his foot hitting the girl’s cheek. The girl was pushed to the wall, groaning in pain. Hayoung looked up at him, seeing a gun pointing towards her. “One wrong move, I’ll create a hole in your head.”, for the first time, she saw those eyes. Those serious eyes that glare right into her soul. He was serious this time.


“You’re in love with him, aren’t you?”

“I’ll still kill him if I have to.”

"I’m sparing you. To kill you in front of your master.”

“I love you.”

 

Next Episode: Frozen Kiss