The Man She Hates

Angel of Death

 

Last Episode

She felt cold and could only stare as the hug tighten, the coldness increase and she froze. “I love you, Hayoung-ah.”, the man mumbled. 


 

Episode 37

              Hayoung felt something warm spread all over her body. The ice was melting. She didn’t feel cold anymore. She gasped for air as soon as she could move, breathing in as much oxygen as she could, She looked around, looking at the dim lights above her. She was in a big room but there was merely bulbs to light up the whole room. She glanced around again and saw the face she didn’t want to see most, Minseok’s. That man looked at her with cold eyes, sending shivers down her spine. “Are you alright? Can you move now?”, his voice didn’t give her any warmth like they used to. Instead, she felt a tint of fear. She was afraid of the man in front of her. He wasn’t himself or was he not himself all this time? She got confused. Which one was the real Minseok. She looked down, not wanting to see the other. Her arms wrapped themselves around her. She heard Minseok sighed.

“Don’t you dare touch her!”, her eyes widened at the voice. Her beloved brother. She quickly looked up towards the voice, seeing Sehun chained to the wall.

“Why?”, Hayoung’s voice came out as a whisper.

“He tried to kill me.”, a voice interrupted them. Hayoung’s eyes widened even more. She froze. That voice. The voice that she hated the most. The voice she didn’t want to hear. The voice she wished she killed years ago. She slowly moved her head and looked at the man who smiled at her. Her breath stuck in , she stared at the man in hatred. She tried to attack him, standing up and running towards him but she fell to the ground with a loud thump.

“Hayoung!”, she heard Sehun’s voice echoed in the big room. She looked down to her feet, seeing her right ankle was chained. She bit her lower lip in anger and glared at the old man. She hissed as the other stepped closer. “Don’t you touch her!”, she could hear Sehun shouting from the corner, the sounds of chains tingling echoed in the room. Wind suddenly blew from his side. The man walked closer and squat down lower to Hayoung’s eye level. “No!”, Sehun shouted, his wind sharpens and blew towards the man but Minseok was quicker. He built an ice wall, shielding the old man, reflecting Sehun’s attack, some of the bulbs broke, making the room became darker.

“You didn’t use your power to the max, Sehun. How long have you been hiding that power of yours? You couldn’t even break Minseok’s walls?”, the old man, glanced at the said name and scoffed. Sehun cursed under his breath and glared at Minseok who wasn’t showing any emotions. “Now, my little girl. How many have you killed?”, he touched the girl’s hair but she rejected it.

“You’ve counted it yourself.”, she answered, making the other smile.

“You know me so well.”, he caressed the other’s cheek and scoffed as Hayoung turned her head and bit his hand. She bit harder and harder, until blood was spilling out of his flesh. “You know that you should stop, but you don’t want to right?-”, his sentence was cut off when Hayoung laid a punch on his cheek.

She spitted his blood and wiped her lips. “Filthy.”, she mumbled.

“The same goes with your hands. We did the same thing to this society, don’t you think? I created you.”, he replied.

“You didn’t.”, Hayoung fought back.

“You think so? Maybe you want to meet you future sister in law. Or should I say “supposed to be future sister in law”?”, the man smiled and stood up. The door opened and a girl was pushed. She was unconscious, blood all over her body. Her clothes were torn, her skin was totally dirty. Hayoung could see scars on her body, fresh ones. “Yookyung-ah!”, Sehun shouted. Hayoung’s breath stuck in , her heart was sinking. She looked at the girl closely, trying to see if she was breathing or not. It didn’t look like she was.

“No…”, Hayoung mumbled.

“No..no.. Please…”, Sehun swallowed his saliva bitterly. His memories flashed back, the image of another girl lying lifelessly on the ground.

{FLASHBACK}

“Oppa. I’ll be right back. I left my notebook under my table. Wait here, mm?”, a blonde girl smiled at Sehun. He just nodded and waited at the school gate.

“Yoonyoung-ah, be careful mm?”, the boy shouted. The girl nodded and ran into the building again. It was getting dark and he waited. However, it felt like she was taking too much time.  Sehun sighed. “Why is she taking so long?”, he looked at the school building. He gripped onto his schoolbag and walked along the school hall. “Yoonyoung-ah.”, he called out to her as he opened the door to their classroom. His eyes widened at the sight. What he saw was Yoonyoung with another girl. His breath stuck in his throat as he sees his girlfriend’s eyes.

“O-oppa..”,the girl coughed out blood and he finally realized something sharp pierced through her stomach. The other girl was standing behind Yoonyoung, who was in between the length of a sword. The sharp material was snatched back, resulting more blood flowing out of Yoonyoung. The blonde fell to her knees before falling into a forever slumber. Sehun gazed at the blood dripping from the edge of the sword. His eyes trailed along it, the hand, arm, shoulder, neck until he meet with the eyes of the murderer. Yoonyoung was lying lifelessly on the floor, her blood had created a pool around her.

Sehun gulped down his saliva and stuttered, “Why?”. The other just softly answered,

“I accepted the order to kill this woman.”.

“Who’s there!?”, a voice interrupted them both. Sehun’s eyes widened. Anyone would have known that was the voice of the guard. He ran passed the two girls and opened the window. He ran back to the alive girl and picked her up bridal style before jumping out of the window. He created a typhoon under his feet just enough to fly them away from the school. Tears dripped down his cheeks and he could feel that bloody hand of her sister cupped his cheek and wiped his tears away.

{FLASHBACK ENDS}

             “What did you do to her!?”, Sehun cried out.

“Oh, nothing. Just a punch here and there.”, the old man shrugged.

“Don’t you dare touch her!”, he shouted, a sharp breeze make its way to the old man but again, Minseok protected him with his ice. But suddenly, Hayoung flew towards him, pushing him away and spun a few round before placing a hidden knife under her shirt onto the old man’s neck. Minseok’s widened eyes stare at the girl.

“Woah. You’ve gotten good in teamwork. Your brother pretend to attack me but actually he cut your chain off, isn’t it?”, the old man’s words made Minseok realized that the chain on Hayoung’s feet were cut off. Hayoung’s chest was heaving up and down, trying to restrain her anger. She could have just slit the man’s throat but she didn’t want the man to die yet. Frost quickly made its way to Hayoung’s feet but as Minseok blinked, the girl was gone. He ly to see one of the old man’s guy to be defeated and his gun was snatch by the girl. Hayoung turned to the old man, pulling the trigger a few times, hitting the man on his leg, arm and side.

Water suddenly trap the man and Minseok. Both of their eyes turned to Suho, who was free and Sehun beside him. “What shall you do? Breathe, and you’ll drown.”, the eldest smirked. The old man’s blood was tainting the color of the water. The men in the room panicked and started shooting the siblings. Each of the bullets were stopped by other in the wind or water. “You can’t use weapon when you fight with us, you brats.”, Suho’s water shaped itself into sharp edge shape before piercing the men’s bodies. Blood spilling, creating beautiful art on the floor. Minseok froze Suho’s water and broke them into pieces, releasing them both. Sehun quickly attack them with typhoons and sharp blows. Minseok protected them both again in frost, surrounding them.

Minseok gave a counter attack, sending spades at the two guys. “What’s this? Two against one? Aren’t you cheating, kids?”, the old main voiced out. “But still, you can’t defeat my strongest son, Xiumin.”, he scoffed.

While all of them were fighting, they forgot one human. The girl who disappeared from sight due to her power.  “Stop.”, a soft voice echoed in the room, and they all froze. Minseok’s sharp ice was about to hit Sehun’s face. The guy averted his eyes to the person in front, the girl he loved. Her eyes were piercing into his soul. “I don’t care if you have someone important in your life, I’ll kill you.”, she pulled the trigger of her gun slightly.


“I wouldn’t mind being killed right now.”

“You never created me.”

"You’re a failed experiment."

"You’ll die along with the name “Angel of Death”.”

Next Episode: Her True Power


A/N: Hey, guys! I'm proud to say that this story is going towards the end. Only two more chapters! Do continue to read my next update!