You Aren't That Stupid

Falling For Him

"How can you be so stupid?" Mr. Lu Han asks.

"I- I'm not, I just need to be taught in a different way." Mi-Yun tells her teacher with scared eyes.

"And what way would that be?" he asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Hands on." She whispers.

"Hands on?" he teacher asks.

"Yeah. At my other schools my teachers had me make flash cards from the book and study them durring the day and they would give me assignments for particular subject, topic or process." The girl explains.

"Ok. Well why don't you tell me about a subject that you learned at the other schools with this 'hands on' system you used?" Mr. Lu Han suggests.

"Ok, so Charles' law is about..." As Mi-Yun goes on about Charles' law, responding variables and everything that her teachers have taught her all combined.

Mr. Lu Han on the other hand is actually amazed at the words that are pouring from the young girl's mouth. She now doesn't seem so 'stupid' as her teacher said earlier.

"Sooo, do you understand that the system my teachers use actually work?" Mi-Yun asks, nervously.

"Wow... You aren't that stupid."  Mr. Lu Han's eyebrows shoot up in an instant.

"I told you that I just need to learn differently!" Mi-Yun throws her arms up in the air.

"Well I see that now." He says nodding. "Look, Mi-Yun I'm sorry for being mean. I just have always had high espectations of my students." He explains, with almost sad eyes.

Mi-Yun's eyes are full of shock and she, she is almost as shocked as a person could be. She never could have guessed that her teacher would apologize like he just did. From the time she first met him she only thought that her teacher was heartless, but that obviously isn't true now.

"U-uh. It' it's Ok." Mi-Yun stutters.

"Well, I will use this system. I think it will help, according to the information you shared I will add one more thing. You pull all of the information from the context that we read in class. I will then check them until they are correct and are worth studying." Mr. Lu han says.

Mi-Yun's P.O.V

I nod understandingly and flip to the pages we read in class. I begin writing down information that I think will be on the test. I also copy down diagrams as wells. After maybe 25 minutes I let out a sigh.

"I think I'm good." I say as I slide my notes to Mr. Lu Han.

He begins looking over the notes and makes marks with his scary red pen. I watch as he puts stars , slashes, or 1/2. Most of them are 1/2.

"Well there is some good news and bad news. The bad news is that out of 40 you have 15 that are crossed out. But you have 18 that 1/2 half right and there are 7 that are completely right. Right now you to wait hear while I copy these. Actually read over the section again while I'm gone, get it into your hear. Also, try quzing yourself on the vocab in your notebook and/or make those into flash cards." he says as he walks out of the room.

I get out some flash cards and open my book. I grab my pen and twirl it around my fingers a few times before I begin to reread the section over and compy the vocab onto cards. For the tricky and SUPER important words out all of the 25 words I make those words on bright yellow paper with a black marker so that they stand out. The others, I just use white cards with blue pen. I read the section once more before  I look at the clock. It seems as thoough Mr. Lu Han has been gone for over 10 minutes just to copy paper. I wonder if something happened or if the paper just got stuck. I know there is no way that he could have possibly gotten lost... But, I wonder if I should go look for him. He has been gone for a long time and I don't think the school is THAT big. I don't think any school is even that big, well maybe rich rich school but not any schol that I have been too. I wait another few minutes and then get up. I peep my head out of the door and look in both directions and try to listen for his footsteps. I hear nothing so decide to go to the office to look for him. I take a left and look both ways again and listen. Yet I still hear nothing. So turn the corner and walk strait down the large coridoor. I find the office and look inside. I am in utter shock at what I see. Mr. Lu Han's sleeve is caught in the copying machine and is struggling to get it out. I rush into the office.

"Mr. Lu Han do you need help?" I ask

"Yes. That would be nice." He says.

I look behind the machine and find the plug. I rip the cord out of the wall. I then puch the part of the machine that moves up and down to help my teacher remove his arm from machine.

"Thank you Mi-Yun. I didn't think that you wold look for me." He says genuinly.

"It's not a problem. I was actually getting a little worried to be honest." I tell him.

"I'm thankful that you did come and look for me. I may still be stuck in that darn thing if not." He smiles. "I think we should get back to the room and begin studying."

We begin walking back to the room and it isn't as awkward as I thought it would be. And this time I am looking at the walls of the school. The walk back to the room is deffinetly quicker then the walk to the office.

When we get back to the room I sit down in the same seet as I was sitting in before and Mr. Lu Han is siiting in the same chair as he was before. He hands me the papers and shows me which ones are wrong and which ones are half right. He tells me to focus on certain ones for today, they are the easier ones of them. He also tells me that in a few days that I should have all of this down. He makes it sound so easy, but I don't really think it is. He also tells me that he will give separate tests on vocab. Like spelling tests and deffinition to word maching tests. And the he will have me write the deffinition to each words. It doesn't sound that bad, but I know that there is most deffinetly more work then there is portraied in this situation. But I am thankful that today will be easy. So I mentally sigh.

So the first thing he has me do is write the first 10 vocab words  5-10 times each, depending on legth of the words. When I finish with that, he has redraw the correct diagrams with colored pencils. Once that is done, he then has me make flash cards of the correct notes, The last thing I do is review what we worked on today.

"I already see an improvement in you work Mi-Yun. I see that you are able to find a way that works for you. I am also glad to see that my... adjustments are helpful. The last thing to do before we can both leave is to make the schedual for the tutoring sessions. I would like to do this as often as pssible so that you don't fall behind." He explains.

"Ok." I nod.

"Well, what about everyday after school. The only days off are holidays." Mr. Lu Han suggests.

"I would like to do that but my mom wouldn't like all of the driving." tell him.

"Well, why don't I just bring you home after school then?" He aks.

"You would do that?" I ask.

"Well I don't see why not." Mr. Lu han tell me.

"Thank you. Mr. Lu Han." I say, greatfully.

So we pack everything up and turn off the lights to the room. Mr. Lu Han locks the door to his room and we walk out to his very nice looking car. I get in on the passenger side and buckle up as Mr. Lu Han starts his car. I tell him directions to my house and send mom a text, telling her about how I am getting home.

When I get home I thank Mr. Lu Han once more before he leaves. I walk into the and I'm greeted with many questions from Hyo-Rin.

"How was it? Was he mean? Was he nicer? Did he help you? Did he yell?..." Her questions drag on and on.

"It was good. And I'm really improving." I tell her simply.

I go to my room and fall onto my bed and close my eyes with a sighs. I think about today and the future. I hope that tutoring goes well and personally I hope it's only with Mr. Lu Han. He seems a lot less stressed and more... Lose? After classes I think I like him a lot more when he isn't rushing through lectures. Also, I kind of hope his arm gets stuck again... Now THAT was funny.

This is semi edited!!!