Me, You and Him

It's Love

Kyungsoo stared to Suho’s face, which was still sleeping like a baby. The man looked unlike Suho he ever knew. If only they were only met once, it can be difficult to identify who the man was laying there. But they have been through so many things together even though only for a brief time.

Suho looked pitiful. There was so many things disappear from him even though the remnants of his handsomeness was still exists. Kyungsoo never thought - did not even dream - that one day he would find the missing Suho like this.

He moved slowly. Seemed like the morning sunshine which entering through the window by the sidelines of his room and fell right on his faces disturbing his sleep. Suho back shifted uncomfortably until he finally opened his eyes slowly. He narrowed his eyes to adjust the light.

“Hm.. Kris..? Why are you coming this early? Where have you – KYUNGSOO!” Suho looked shock as his eyes met Kyungsoo’s.

His body was frozen. He can not escape anywhere. The man he avoided the most even to his very last moment was suddenly appeared and saw pathetic situation.

“Kyungsoo.. What are you doing here? You..”

“Why? Why Suho.. Why?”

Suho has been surprised by appearance of Kyungsoo and he was even more surprised to hear him sobbing. He once vowed not to make Kyungsoo sad and now he actually made him cry.

“Kyungsoo.. I..”

“Why didn’t you tell me? Why you hid this? Why do you bear this burden by yourself? You said we’re best friend, you said I’m your trusted friend, but you escaped to cure this pain while you never know another pain has been created in my chest by your leaving..”

“I’m sorry.. I’m sorry Kyungsoo.. I didn’t mean it. I intended to tell you earlier but to see your eyes made me felt weak. I prefer to bear anything than seeing you cry. Your sadness is my pain. So I decided to leave. I read your message but I couldn’t reply you. It would make me getting weak. By hearing your voice would make want to go back while my time even isn’t enough to say goodbye. Because I don’t want to do it. Say goodbye to you is painful for me.”

Instead of answering, Kyungsoo hugged Suho tightly, wreaking all the disenchantments, spilled out his vexations, crying hard in the warm embrace.

“Don’t go..”

Suho’s heart just got pierced by thousand needles instantly. How come? This was the thing he always feels afraid for. And that was the main reason why he can’t stay longer by Kyungsoo’s side. He didn’t want to lose this precious one.

“I’m sorry..”

“No! Don’t say sorry!” Kyungsoo released himself then hold Suho’s both hands, grasped them tightly. “Promise me you’ll try hard to get over this!”

“Kyungsoo.. I can’t..”

“Promise me! Just promise me, please.. Kris told me you gave up already. You haven’t fought for real yet, how come you surrender like this?”

“Kyungsoo, I don’t have much time left. There’s no need for me to try hard. I know what it will be. End stage of brain cancer is..”

“Stop it! You can’t surrender! I’m here now and I’ll help you to get better. All you have to do now is listening to us, the people who worry about you. The people who will always be here, beside you, to help you stand on your own feet, to help you see this beautiful world once again. And allow me to accompany you to see it, to make your day full of happiness, to sheer away the feeling of emptiness you’ve got lately. I’m here Suho..”

Suho hasn’t any choice but nodded in silence. He had never cared even Tiffany or Kris begged him to survive. Never. The only thing he could do was pray and hope everything will get smoothly. Even though he has to die, he will be rest in peace with no pain. He was ready. He prepared himself for months to welcome the very last scene of his life.

But now, he just got back his strength. The will to live his life longer than the other man. To live happily with his friends, especially Kyungsoo.. And for the first time in his life, he felt afraid of the death. He felt unready to leave this beautiful world – just like what Kyungsoo said. And his preparation so far has been ruined by seeing Kyungsoo teary eyes. Those eyes were sparkled, giving him a new strength to live. To look ahead, where the bright future awaits..

*

 

Kyungsoo spent lot of his time with Suho starting from that day. Initially he chose to resign his job and settled in New York with Kris so he could take care of Suho every day. But Minseok did not allow it. He can leave by the notes he had to do his job while in New York and report it periodically to the Minseok.

When Kris went to work, he will accompany Suho while doing his job. They shared lot of stories. Kyungsoo has known more about him. And Suho looked more cheerful these days. He tried hard to defend against the illness, though sometimes he looked in pain due to over-exert himself.

Sometimes, Kyungsoo had to rush to the bathroom for weeping when Suho have to undergo chemotherapy or sudden he was in pain and needed a doctor to examine him soon. Kyungsoo knew exactly that the doctor had already surrendered to handle Suho. It’s only a matter of time until his death. Sooner or later, Suho will surely die.

But he could not showed weakness in front of Suho. He was the one made Suho wanted to survive and strive to live longer. He should not show the sensitive side when Suho was in pain. He continued to give a smile and words of encouragement despite his heart was crying.

He wanted Suho continue to struggle and never give up so he could see the world as a beautiful place before he leaves. He wanted Suho know that he is surrounded by people who loved him, even to the last moment. And despite Suho finally had to go, he wanted Suho leave as a fighter, as a man who has been trying hard to win. Not leave because he surrenders.

“Suho..”

Suho formed a pout on his lips. “Oh come on..”

Kyungsoo shook. “I said no.”

“Please.. This is the last one.”

Once again, Kyungsoo shook his head. “You said that at the previous movie. No more. You need to have more rest to recover.” He grabbed the remote control then turned off the television.

“Fine..” Surprisingly, Suho didn’t angry. He smiled happily instead.

“Now you can sleep. I’ll be here. I just need to re-check my report and send it to Minseok hyung by e-mail.”

“Can I hold your hand while I’m sleeping?” asked Suho softly.

Kyungsoo smiled. “Sure. I can use my right hand to hold the mouse. The left one is free. It’s yours.”

“Thank you.”

Suho smiled then closed his eyes. The smile hasn’t gone albeit he has fallen for sleeping already. And he seemed happy with the hand he held tightly on his chest. Kyungsoo sighed heavily as he stared at Suho after the work has been done.

“I just met you after a long time. And now you’ll leave? How could you do this to me?”Kyungsoo said in low tone as a tear spilled down.

*

 

“Really? Minseok hyung must be super angry to you.” Suho burst into laughter when Kyungsoo told him about the prank he did to their boss.

Kyungsoo kept further telling the joke to make Suho laugh more. It was laughter of satisfiaction.  And Kyungsoo felt very happy with it. Making Suho happy indeed necessary than he busy thinking about about his illness.

They still kept laughing until finally Suho stopped then waved and smiled toward the door. Kyungsoo who was sitting against the door, looked over to see who was coming.

Kris Wu stood there, looked tidy with his shirt. He was ready to go to work. “I only stopped briefly. I brought breakfast for you two; by chance this morning I passed a restaurant that sells porridge.”

“You are very kind to me. Kyungsoo came early this morning because I had to be examined by a doctor. He also checked the schedule of the next chemotherapy. And now you're taking the time to come and brought the breakfast for us. Thank you, Kris.”

Kris nodded and smiled. “I’ll put it here.” he said as he put the breakfast he had brought on the table. He waved once again at Suho, ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair and then moved out of the room.

As soon as he closed the door behind him, he sighed then stepped briefly. He had seen the happy laughter Suho, the same thing happened to Kyungsoo. Both of them are missing each other. However, they were friends who had separated but are now reunited. And Suho does need more people to support him currently. Knowing that he wanted to recover due to Kyungsoo is truly a miracle. He knew, he wouldn’t be wrong to bring Kyungsoo to New York.

But, what about his heart now? He may be smiling. He should laugh or seem sincere. But deep in the corner of his heart, he felt the agonizing feeling when watching Kyungsoo being touched by Suho or when they are involved in an intriguing conversation or even when they laugh together. As only they whose belong to the world.

And Kris knew exactly that Suho like Kyungsoo, like his previous confession. However, despite Kyungsoo has always denied, but for some reason, Kris has a feeling that actually Kyungsoo also feel the same way. He must also like Suho. Maybe he just covered it from Kris.

By knowing this fact, just making his heart increasingly sore. He wants to do some good things to Suho, pleasing his friend. But at the same time, he also hurt himself.

When he was about to open the door of his car, he felt a pair of small hand holding him tightly. Kris looked over and found Kyungsoo embraced him from behind, his face drowned in the back of Kris.

“Soo..”

“Hm..”

“What are you doing here?”

“Don’t you see? I’m hugging you.”

“I know. But why? I’ll see you this evening after work, right?”

“So I’m not allowed to hug my boyfriend?”

Kris laughed. “You can, for sure.”

“So please be quite and let me hug you for a while.”

Kris followed the will of Kyungsoo. After he satisfied, he let go of his arms and hugged Kris again, this time from the front.

 “Hurry come back home as soon as you finish. I miss you. You know, you disappeared for four months then emerged and gave me the bad news. I miss the days we’ve shared together.”

“I miss you too. Once again, I'm sorry. Delight yourself with Suho today. Don’t forget he had to obey the breaks scheduled and take his medication on time.”

Kyungsoo grinned. “I am glad that you two are now getting along very well. I still remember how protective you were to me when the first time you met him.”

Kris just grinned. "I'm leaving now." Then he gave a peck on the forehead Kyungsoo.

“I love you.”

Kris smiled. Staring at those sparkle doe-eyes, seeing his sincere smile, looking at his heart-shaped lips, he felt a big relief in chest.

“I love you too. Love you more. Love you so much.”

*

 

“You know for sure that you’re not allowed to do this.”

Suho smirked. “I know. Tiffany has to risk her job to make it real. Please don’t ruin everything.”

Kyungsoo shook his head as he grinned. “No, I don’t, you mischievous!”

“I might not be able to feel it again later. So I'll do anything to perfect it. Well, come on.” Said Suho as he patted the empty spot next to him.

Kyungsoo immediately threw himself next to Suho. Both were in the middle of the hospital’s rooftop. They united two tables then put the bed cover as the base. Their purpose in the cold night was clear, lying under the starry sky.

Suho begged Tiffany for implementing this. He loves the stars at night. And he wants to enjoy it with Kyungsoo. He didn’t even care about his condition which shouldn’t be too long in outdoors especially to deal with the cold weather like this.

“Do you know? Busan’s sky during the night is always beautiful. It is extremely heavy for me when Appa asked me to relocate.” Suho sighed without reverting. He seemed genuinely thrilled at the beauty of the night sky.

“I’ll reject it also if I were you.” Kyungsoo responded.

“I miss that house. It’s been almost a year since I left South Korea. And I can only see the house through the photos submitted by our housekeeper.”

“We recommend you to treat your illness here first. The next time you're healed; you can go back there, don’t you?”

Suho didn’t answer. Kyungsoo turned and found was staring at the night sky which full filled by thousand stars. He seemed fascinated like he had never seen that scenery in his whole life.

“Kyungsoo.. What do you want to do if you could turn back the time?” Suho turned to face the latter.

Kyungsoo frowned. “Me?” Kyungsoo followed Suho by turned to face him. They were staring each other in super close distance. Kyungsoo can even felt Suho’s breath landed on his face. “Hm.. I thing I want to learn more, experience more, explore more so I can get smarter than who I am right now. I want to have my own book gallery. What about you?”

Once again, Suho didn’t answer. He stared at Kyungsoo’s eyes deeply instead, like to find something he’s been looking for all the times, making Kyungsoo got nervous instantly. He could felt the reddish tinge scattered throughout his face.

Suho cover Kyungsoo’s hand with his. “I want to meet you earlier. Earlier than Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai or even.. Kris. I want to know you more, I want to spend more time with you, I want to tell you how much.. you mean to me.”

They both remain in silence. Only the heart beat featuring the softly warm breath shrounded. And the courage from out of nowhere came, Suho ed his face and leaning on Kyungsoo’s.

His lips touched the heart-shaped springy lips in front then pulled it gently, enjoying every inch of it like to feel the fondest memory throughout life. Moreover when the latter responded like that was the thing he’s been waiting so long.

The sensation was wonderful. It brought them gride the skies, go through the heaven. For a moment, they forgot who they were and where they were. The only thing crossed their mind was: they intended to do it, indeed.

Suho’s hand landed on Kyungsoo’s waist, pulling him closer. Meanwhile Kyungsoo put his finger on Suho’s cheek, running his finger along the milky skin. It was beautiful. Lying down together with somebody you like, enveloped by the dark night beneath the stars. Perhaps, Suho won’t forget that night, so does Kyungsoo.

As they pulled back their lips, they’re staring each other then smiled. They kept in silence with no words. But both knew that words can’t even explain something. Suho’s eyes were sparkled in happiness as the new courage to live longer emerged. And Kyungsoo just realized his feeling and suddenly he understood why he missed this guy that much. It’s as simple as the words can guess. It’s predictable as the heart can feel. It’s severe and amazing. It’s love.

As the two kept staring each other in deeply feelings, a pair of eyes peer them since they began the conversation. A pair of sad eyes, that looked at them in pain. It’s Kris’.

*

 

PS : I know I said 'next week' when the previous chapter was done but my busy schedule didn't allow me to stare at my laptop's screen too long. I'm sorry. I have a new fanfict project. It's about Kyungmyeon, please looking forward to it and also this one. Thank you and happy reading XOXO.