Mixed Feelings

It's Love

            "You want to get some more drink or snacks maybe?" Baekhyun asked as he threw himself on the sofa beside Chanyeol.

            Suho and Kyungsoo shooked their head regardless Baekhyun. Both were working on their paper work which has to be completed that night and will be given to Minseok tomorrow morning.

            Both seemed work seriously. Indeed, Baekhyun doesn’t want to interrupt actually, but why he sees the proximity between Kyungsoo and Suho was clearly different?

            "Do you have similar thoughts with me?" Chanyeol who came to the house in order to accompany Suho, ignoring Baekhyun's offer, speaking at his side. Or perhaps the right one is to accompany Baekhyun because Suho'd been busy discussing with Kyungsoo and not pay attention to the surroundings.

            "That something happened between them?" Baekhyun guessing.

            Chanyeol nodded. "See how Kyungsoo looked at Suho and see how Suho treats Kyungsoo. This is strange. They’re really compromising."

            "You're right. At least not only me who often think like this."

            Chanyeol narrowed his eyes. "What if they're both actually dating at this moment?"

            Baekhyun shrugged. "I do not know. Maybe I will get mad because I'm not the very first person to hear the happy news, or maybe I will congratulate them for finally Kyungsoo has a boyfriend after the idiot Sehun abandon him."

            "And Kris?"

            Baekhyun chuckled. "Kris has been grown up. Despite sometimes his childish attitude drifting out , I believe he would understand that love shouldn’t be forced."

            This time Chanyeol shook his head. "You don’t understand the meaning of my question earlier. This is not about Kris, but about Kyungsoo. Do you think Kyungsoo can get over easily and forget that chronical feelings towards Kris? Impossible!"

            "Only Kyungsoo can answer that. Whatever the decision he choose, I will support him. Moreover, Kris himself who decided to linger in London and let Kyungsoo here, right? So if Kyungsoo fell in love with someone else, I guess that's natural to happen."

            "He was going for work, okay? It was certain that his boss instructed him." Objection Chanyeol.

            Baekhyun didn’t answer, he was busy playing with his cell phone while Chanyeol refocuses on Kyungsoo and Suho once again. Both may currently working at the moment, but whether they’re conscious it or not, they really don’t reflecting the attitude of such a pair of co-workers.

            If Kyungsoo seems to provide some new ideas, Suho will be praised it and his hair fondly while Kyungsoo will be looked at Suho with an adoreing gaze. Indeed, Chanyeol just very curious about what is eventually happening.

            ‘Don’t tell me they've been officially dating?'

            "Ah.. Finally.. Everything is done." He heard Kyungsoo speak.

            "Hopefully Minseok hyung will like it. You've worked hard, Kyungsoo, now take a rest." Suho respond.

            "Are you going home now?" Chanyeol already stood up, ready to Suho to his home then drive alone to his apartment.

            Suho nodded. "Our work has been completed and Kyungsoo should rest. We also have to go work tomorrow, right?" He then turned to Baekhyun. "We're going home now. Thank you for entertaining us so well."

            Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were escorting the two out of the house, where Suho’s car has been waiting.

            "See you tomorrow. Good night, Kyungsoo." Suho said before get in his car.

            But when he was about to answer, a taxi appeared in the yard of their small house and from inside, a tall blonde man with a tired face stepping out.

            "Kris.." Kyungsoo whispering in disbelief.

            Without waiting any longer he darted toward kris and throw himself into the warm embrace of a man who has he missing in these several painful days. He sank his face in Kris’ chest, sniffing the masculine scent that wafted from the athletic body.

            "I've just arrived and it feels incomplete if I haven’t seen your face first. I miss you so much." Kris whispers as he kept to hug the latter’s small frame tightly.

            Kyungsoo didn’t say anything. But Kris knew exactly what he felt. He the honey-colored hair affectionately as he dropped a little peck there.

            "Are you okay? Do you miss me as well? It’s totally empty without you. I just want to run away from my work everyday because I miss you, I want to see you and the desire to escape was growing bigger  whenever I heard your voice." Said Kris again.

            "Why did you have to leave that long?" Kyungsoo spoke in a hoarse whisper. He’s crying.

            "I'm sorry. I'll never leave you again. I promise. Well, now get back inside, please. You need to rest."

            But Kyungsoo stayed still. So Kris let off his arms then led Kyungsoo to approach Baekhyun.

            "Hi Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Suho.." Kris felt a little anxiety when seeing Suho standing there at this time of nearly midnight.

            "How are you, Kris? How’s your work?" Asked Baekhyun.

            "Everything is fine. Was he fine when I wasn’t not here? "

            Chanyeol answer. "Of course, you can see by yourself right? We were took care of him very well."

            Kris nodded. "Baekhyun, take Kyungsoo inside. I'll go home. I'll pick you two up tomorrow."

            Baekhyun drew Kyungsoo’s hand painstakingly because Kyungsoo tightened his arms around Kris’ sleeves.

            Kris let out a sound. "Since when he became this spoiled?"

            Kris, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were busy laughing at Kyungsoo. Without them knowing, a wry smile marked on Suho’s face. He realizes that he is no one for Kyungsoo. And maybe, there is no way for him to get Kyungsoo’s attention when Kris is around.

*

            Kyungsoo was so very cheerful the next day, even up to a few days. If someone was to ask him, he would reply cheerfully. He even smiled patiently when Minseok snapped back due to incorrect work.

            But even so, he was still seen with Suho. Indeed, Suho liked everything. Kyungsoo still available and loyalty to reply to the message, chattering with, or even have lunch together at Kyungsoo’s desk when they’re too busy to get out.

            But he could not help the packed feeling in his chest when Kyungsoo received a call or such a short message on his cell phone from Kris. Kyungsoo will always smile happily when Kris pick him up for lunch or after work. His brain is fully understood that Kris is Kyungsoo’s lover, but his hearts just reluctant to cooperate. His heart was not willing at all.

            Suho closed his eyes briefly. Try to imagine all about Kyungsoo. His eyes, his lips, his voice, the way he walks, the way he smiled, and his face even when he sad. Everything is beautiful, even Suho doesn’t want to lose all those memories away.

            Then came the shadow where Kyungsoo hugging Kris, expressed the sadness when Kris was not around, when he cried because he’s missing Kris. No, this isn’t allowed in his mind. Suho tried to open his eyes, but everything else was dark. At the same time, excruciating pain hit his head.

            Suho holds his head as keep it from exploding. And a few seconds later, it stopped.

            "Are you okay?"

            A pair of beautiful big eyes looked at him in anxiety. Do Kyungsoo.

            Suho smiled. "I'm fine. Last night I was lacking sleep, so my head got little dizzy today."

            "You should not to stay up, if there something is bothering you, just call any time. Maybe I can help." Said Kyungsoo.

            'What if my problem is you?' Suho asked in his heart. But at the front,  with a heartfel smiled he said. "Thank you."

*

            Can we make it official?

            It is a simple question that Kris has always wanted to ask Kyungsoo. He wanted to make their relationship official, not as unclear as this. Indeed, he was happy because Kyungsoo already showed his feelings lately, but Kris wants something more. He wants to show the world that he’s the rightful owner of a Do Kyungsoo.

            But would Kyungsoo take it on? Or conversely he’d stay away? Kyungsoo had seemed pleasant with their current relationship, so why should he imposes? But Kris was not stupid. What if suddenly Kyungsoo go away arbitrarily with simply reason, because there is no binding relationship among them?

            “Kris?”

            Kris looked up reluctantly. He objected to meet anyone at this time because his mind was messing up of the job and Kyungsoo. And the last person in this world whom he wants to see at this time has already standing in front of him. Suho.

            "You? What are you doing here?"

            Suho smile. "Just like you. Coffee. And I'm a little bit hungry so I also ordered some breads and cakes. May I sit here?"

            Inevitably, Kris nodded. Suho too friendly to be ignored. Besides, that man was holding a tray with a cup of coffee and pastries as he said earlier on it. Kris cursed himself for choosing this expensive coffee shop as a place to think. He did not know that he would meet Suho.

            Both were silent for a long time until finally Suho decided to break the silence. "Are you always alone in every weekend?"

            'Why does this man want to know the personal matter of other person? They’ve never talked properly as a friend, so is it important to be hospitable?'

            "I just finished doing something, after this I will be visiting Kyungsoo. I'm always with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun in every weekend. Usually we cook together and watch movies until Kyungsoo asleep. Or we go out. Playing basketball, shopping, or just staring the ripples at the Han River." Kris replied. Initially he replied reluctantly, but when he saw a unusual expression on face Suho, he became a little excited.

            "So, how your job?"

            Kris raised an eyebrow. "My job? Fine. Why do you ask?"

            "No, please don’t misunderstand. I'm just asking. I thought you were going abroad again." Replied Suho apologetically.

            "Ah.. So you want me to go abroad so you are free to meet my Kyungsoo, don’t you?" Kris guessed instantly.

            Suho got a bit shocked. "I?" He seemed to digest Kris’ words attack then shook his head and smiled. "No. You misunderstand. I just want you to stay and accompany Kyungsoo."

            This time, Kris was shocked. Did his ears just misheard the words of Suho earlier? Was it a joke?

            "What do you mean? Is it a trap?"

            Suho shook his head once again. "You may not believe me, but I've seen Kyungsoo cried because you canceled your plan to return back here. I just don’t want to see him sad like that anymore. He even said that he didn’t want a gift, he just wanted you to go home."

            And Kris can only startled at his place.

*

            "Why I see you rarely these days?" Kyungsoo asked in a tone of protest at Suho after not seeing him for almost two weeks.

            "I did take a leave. There are some personal matters that I need to finish. And it's very tiring matters." Answer Suho.

            Suho does look very tired and pale so Kyungsoo don’t have the heart to run his protest action longer.

            "I told you before, if there’s any trouble, just come and  tell me. Am I not your friend anymore?" Kyungsoo sulked as he curving his lips. He stared at Suho with a dismay and shame look because of his bad thoughts and prejudiced to Suho before.

            Suho chuckled. "I did nothing. Don’t worry. I only have to finish some more things and I will be completely free."

            "Fine.. "

            Kyungsoo does feel there’s something missing when Suho wasn’t around. His relationship with Suho can’t be compared to like his with Baekhyun or even with Kris. But there was something different. Suho is a special one for him. So when he’s not around, Kyungsoo will feel.. empty!

            "Kim Joonmyun! What does this mean? "

            Suho and Kyungsoo quickly turned towards the sound source. Kim Minseok was standing there, staring madly at Suho with a mix expression.

            'What is it this time?' Thought Kyungsoo reluctantly.

            Because it will be terrible if the boss angry. Seeing he looks today, it does certain that Suho just made a big mistake. Or maybe massive.

            Kim Minseok came to Suho’s desk then slammed a large brown envelope on it. "Do not play games with me."

            Suho’s face growing pale. He didn’t think his boss would react like this. "I'm sorry, but.. I had no other choice."

            Kim Minseok took a deep breath, hold it and then exhale slowly. "I'll give you two weeks additional leave or three weeks, or even months. Resolve your problem as soon as possible and get back to work. I don’t wanna see this on my desk anymore! You get it?"

            He then turned away with lengthy steps into his office then slam the door hardly.

            Suho head down while covering his face with both hands in silence. While the curious Kyungsoo immediately grabbed the envelope and opened it. Then he got startled when he saw the big letters on the top line on the paper: the resignation letter.