Fall Apart

It's Love

            Since the day he encountered Suho in the hospital, Kris always spent time to visit the man who was regarded as his bitter rival. Not due to the demand of Tiffany or Suho, but a sense of humanity within himself that moving him to more frequently visiting Suho.

            And for some reason, the friendship between them has eventually flew without they even realized. Kris began regularly calling Suho to inquire him what he wanted so Kris may brought it on the visiting hour, or just called Tiffany to find out the latest news about the condition of Suho.

            They did frequently chatting, sharing stories, Kris also often stayed in the hospital. Everything happened inadvertently, making the two become close. Suho even durst to say much about himself. They didn’t look like two people who are not familiar each other at the first.

            And Kris should be grateful for his boss who unintentionally brought him to meet Suho. He could not imagine how Suho must pass through his severe days against the deadly disease by himself, neither friends nor family.

            “Suho.. Why you haven’t told Kyungsoo about this?” Kris asked when he visited Suho that afternoon.

            Suho fell in silence before answered. “No need to let him know, right?”

            “He does care about you. You’re one of his best friends. At least tell him what is currently happen to you.” Kris was coaxing once again.

            Suho shook his head expressly. “I told you from the beginning, I don’t want him to see me in this state. Please.. please comprehend my feelings.”

            Kris could only sigh thereby. Suho was a bit stubborn when it concern to his illness. For example a trivial matter, Kris had to persuade him repeatedly. The main problem is Suho have given up on his illness. Because it has approaching the final stage, he could only surrender to the state. Whereas Kris wanted at least Suho struggling to live a little bit longer, despite the probability is very small.

            And now, he has to go. He stayed in New York for a month already. He should get back to Seoul, Kyungsoo has repeatedly said that he missed Kris and wanted to see him. The same thing felt by Kris but he couldn’t leave Suho alone. What if Suho need him when he isn’t around?

            Seemed that stalling a little bit longer time to stay in New York was a great idea. And it certainly would make Kyungsoo disappointed, or  perhaps he would be mad.

*

            Baekhyun has been accompanying for Kyungsoo in nearly two hours, but his friend’s mood apparently didn’t turn to be better. The reason  was Kris reported that he required to stay a little bit longer in New York due to some undone jobs.

            “Though he had already said that he will return tomorrow. How quick he altered his decision just because of the sudden job? Is there no other employees so his boss must always rely on Kris?” Kyungsoo lamented for the umpteenth times.

            The doe-eyed man was not crying actually, but his face seemed gloomy for the whole day. He even has no appetite at all.

            “Kyungsoo, I'm sure he does want to go back here as soon as possible and meet you, but he had no other option because his boss asked for such matter. Please, make an effort to understand. This is absolutely not his own volition.” Baekhyun cajoled while the mane of Kyungsoo affectionately.

            Kyungsoo threw himself into Baekhyun’s embrace. Whenever he faces a problem, Baekhyun is definitely the best answer. With the man he has always considered as his own brother makes he feel that he could face the toughest thing.

            “I miss him..” Kyungsoo whispered in weak tone, almost crying.

            Baekhyun didn’t have the heart to hear it. He promised himself he would call Kris and scolded him for making Kyungsoo sad that day. But he still Kyungsoo’s back fondly.

            “I know.. He definitely miss you too. Do you forget how protective he is towards you? He couldn’t even pass a single day without seeing you. I am sure, he is much more tormented there than you here, trust me.”

            Inevitably Kyungsoo formed a bit smile to hear that. He felt better to hear those words of consolation. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kai are good companions. And Kris is a perfect lover. How lucky is his life.. If only Suho is still there with him..

            Suddenly he remembered that man once again. Remember his warm smile, his calm eyes, friendly voice, fair skin.. Then he realized that he missed that man, indeed. The inherent longs piercing his heart, pouring into the niche, filling the chamber of longs he currently has. How much he missed that man..

*

            “What? Why were you being ordered to stay longer there? It's been two weeks passed by and you still unable to return!” Kyungsoo’s voice is now slightly elevated, making Kris immediately held the phone away from his ear, preventing the ears become deaf from the sound of Kyungsoo across.

            “Soo.. I’m sorry..”

            “Don’t you miss me?” Kyungsoo asked, ignoring the words of Kris earlier.

            Kris bit his lips. Perhaps only God knows how much he missed his lover. How he wanted to hug, kiss, touch, every inch of Kyungsoo’s skin, indicating how much he missed him.

            “Trust me, longing that I feel is far greater than yours.” He said finally.

            “But I don’t hear you grouch tho.. You even consider to be on your boss side than me..” Kyungsoo still persisting  for being sulky.

            Kris was about to answer when someone patted his shoulder. Kris turned and found Tiffany smiling at him. “You’re here! please come in.”

            “Who is that?” Kyungsoo asking in a tone of suspicion.

            “Tiffany.” Kris answered shortly.

            “And who is Tiffany exactly?” again, Kyungsoo asked in a tone of suspicion and full of curiosity.

            “My boss.” Kris replied quickly. He can’t just disclose who is Tiffany actually. Because Kyungsoo won’t stop asking questions later. And Kris still have to hold his promise to conceal about Suho on Kyungsoo.

            “Kris..” Tiffany called him once again. “Come on. I just bought lunch for us. I was so excited when you called and said that that you’ll make a visit.”

            Kris put one finger on his lips, looking at Tiffany and gave an alert to be quiet, but it was too late, Kyungsoo has caught it already.

            “Oh.. So that's why you can’t return immediately? Because you're busy making out with your pretty and y boss, and now you’re going to eat lunch together? Oh.. I could hear her happy voice across. Have fun!”

            Kyungsoo disconnected the call straight away without hearing a single word as Kris’ defense. Making Kris feltl sluggish instantaneously upon hearing Kyungsoo’s anger. He wanted to go back to Seoul and kneel down, apologize to Kyungsoo right then. Explains everything that occurred. But he couldn’t, since Suho need him more at the moment.

Kris peep into Suho’s room which the door was opened. He saw Tiffany was preparing lunch at a small table beside Suho’s bed. The point was she had prepared lunch for the three of them, so Suho won’t have lunch by himself as usual.

            However, Kyungsoo who hasn’t known the actual event yet then turned to be misunderstood and thought that Kris has an affair with his boss. So that would be the main reason why Kris has always adjourned on his plan to go back. Kris bumped his head repetedly against the wall behind.

            “What am I suppose to do?” he said to himself.

            “KRIS! Help me!” Tiffany screamed out while hold Suho’s soulders. Suho looked pale. It seemed he’s going to faint.

            He typed some familiar numbers on his phone which he has known for years then stick it onto his right ear.

            “Baekhyun? Listen up. I just messed up. Kyungsoo has misunderstood what’s going on here. I think he’s gonna call you in a few minutes later. Please calm him down, I’ll explain anything later, I promise.”

            Without waiting for any respon from the latter, he hung up the call then rush into the room with thrill expression marked on his face.

*

 

            “Please go back..”

            “But..”

            Suho smiled. “He needs you. He must be worry because you’re not coming back for weeks.”

            Kris shook his head. “He had a lot of people who will watch him, take good care of him. It’s different with you who don’t have anyone to lean on here. What if something happens to you?”

            “You forget someone. I have Tiffany. She would take care of me properly.”

            “I know. But you aren’t simply need a nurse currently. But you need afriend also.” Kris refutes again.

            “Kris.. He needs you.. Please.. I don’t want him to be grieved any longer because you're not around.” Suho pleaded.

            Kris bit his lip. Indeed, he thought of Kyungsoo. He himself was sufficiently agitated because Kyungsoo unwilling to answer the his call since the occurrence. He didn’t want Kyungsoo to be sad or thinking something ought not to. But he realized that Suho needed someone to talk to, laugh with him and console him in these days.

            And suddenly an idea flashed in his head. He quickly turned to Suho who looked seriously thinking.

            “Suho.. What if I bring Kyungsoo here? Maybe I could invite Baekhyun as well. It would be great if more friends coming, right?”

            Suho shook his head quickly. “No! Never! Please. Didn’t I tell from the beginning, I don’t want anyone knows my current situation. Especially Kyungsoo. I don’t want him to see me like this. Please help me..”

            And Kris can only sigh in disappointed because inevitably he must to obey Suho’s demand as maintaining his privacy. And he finally realized that Suho must be really liked Kyungsoo, indeed.

*

            “C'mon Soo.. You know perfectly well who I am. I used to be a jerk, but that was before I met you. It’s impossible to betray you. By hearing you say ‘I Love You’ just made ​​me vowed not to see anyone else buy you.” Kris persuading when he arrived in Seoul.

Kyungsoo listened carefully but he still felt upset. Kris went straight home when he was angry because of the Tiffany problems, and he can be proud as Kris willing to leave his job only for him who was in the midst of his rage. But he’s not casually complacent about that.

            “You wont be home if I wasn’t mad at you.” Kyungsoo preserving the pout on his lips.

            “I can stand to. You made me almost crazy for not picking up my calls. Come on Soo.. Forgive me..”

             

Kris was still striving to persuade Kyungsoo. He clutched Kyungsoo’s small body then drowned his face in the neck of his beloved, he got fresh sensation that wafted from the body right away.

            Kyungsoo just feeble instantaneously. Kris’ warm embrace was totally made ​​him weak. The warm hug that he gained after in nearly two months. A hug which finally drove him to pick up Kris at the airport even though he felt pissed the hell out of jealousy.

            “Stop making me jealous.” He whispered as he hug Kris Back.

            Kris just smiled. “Making you jealous is the last thing I want to do in this world. My heart is just for you. So no need to be jealous on anyone.”

            “Even to your y boss?” Kyungsoo quipped as he smiling to Kris who was still lulled in his arms.

            “No one. I don’t need anybody else, only you.”

            Kyungsoo couldn’t hide the red tinge that directly adorning his both cheeks. Warm feeling filled him. How lucky he is to have Kris in his life. He thought that he would never need anyone else to complete himself. Everything is perfect..

*

 

            “How is he? Is he okay?” Kris asked in a super worry tone. A week left since he went back to Seoul. But he continuously asking for anything about Suho to Tiffany.

            “He’s okay, don’t worry. Sometimes he’s gone bad, but he’s okay overall. He even got new friends. He bought some plant seedlings a few days ago and he diligently take care of them every single day. Sometimes I heard him talking to the plants.” Tiffany explaining across.

            Kris sighed in relief. “Please let me know any improvement of him anytime.”

            “For sure, no worries.”

            “Thank you, I count on you.”

            He ended the connection with the garbled mind. He was really worried at Suho. How can he talk to the plants? That means he’s really besieged by loneliness, albeit he is fine.

            “Who is that? Who is the one you’re currently worrying for?”

            Kyungsoo has been emerged from the kitchen. That day he gathered his close friends to enjoy the dishes he made from the latest recipe he found on the internet. Chanyeol'd been helping him in the kitchen while Kai and Baekhyun clean the house.

            Kris smiled. “My friend. We have some friend in New York, he is currently suffering from last stage of brain cancer. He doesn’t have hope for life anymore, waiting for the right time to take him away. Sadly, he doesn’t have any family or relatives unless us, his friends. And I’m absolutely worry of him.”

            “Oh.. I’m sorry to hear that.” Kyungsoo looked truly sorry. “Does he has a lover there?”

            Kris shook his head. “He doesn’t have one. And that’s makes us more worry.”

            “Do you miss him?”

            “It’s not a feel of longing actually. But I want to be by his side in these bad times. He does need a friend.”

            “Hm.. I understand. So when will you visit him again?”

            Kris shook once again. “I don’t know. New York is far away. I can’t go there as I intend to, right?”

            “Whenever you’re going to visit him, would you take me also? I want to see him. I want to know him.” Kyungsoo looked serious.

            Kris felt sore in his heart instantly. What if Kyungsoo finally realizes that the friend of Kris is Suho? How does he’s going to feel? Will he get mad because Kris was impressed to cover it? Or Kyungsoo just leave him as it is? Right away? Lie is a lie.

            On one side he wanted to tell Kyungsoo regarding to this matter, however, Suho need someone who can be with him in his final moments. But on the other side, he was afraid if Kyungsoo just upset because he has concealed this point and chose Suho instead.

            “Do you realize something? Kris looks gloomy since he returned from New York.” Chanyeol chirped as he took a sip of his coke.

*

             His condition is deteriorating, I fear anything could be happened to him. Despite he had signed all the files on his behalf if there is an urgent incident, but at least I need someone to know the situation.

             Kris didn’t need to re-read the message which sent by Tiffany twice, he immediately booked the first flight for tomorrow morning and called Kim Jongdae, his friend who’s working at the embassy. Jongdae can help him to get a visa as soon as possible.

             “Bacon!” Kris exclaimed at his own cell phone, using the voice dial service, while his hands were busy grabbing his suitcase and start entering some pieces of clothes into it.

             “Calling Bacon.” The voice on his cell phone answered.

             “Halo?”

             Kris promptly snatched his cell phone and talked feverishly. “Baekhyun, where are you?”

             “At your front door.”

             “Whatt??!! Don’t lie!”

             “Well, get out then so I can slap your face!” Baekhyun snapped fiercely as he hung up.

             Kris promptly raced out of his house. When he opened the door, he got pleasantly surprised because Baekhyun was there, staring at him ferociously.

             “Why are you looking for me in this late?”

             “You called me first, don’t you?” Baekhyun replied defiantly.

             “I know.. But.. I don’t think you'd show up this quick.” Kris said hesitantly. “Then.. Why are you here now? Surely you have an aim, right?”

             “Of course. Like what I’ve said on the phone, I came over to slap you!”

             Kris frowned. “What do you mean?”

             I should be the one to ask you that. What did you mean by making Kyungsoo like this? First, you departed to New York for business reason but keep delaying your return for several weeks. Then you frequently called or received a message secretly. You often looked gloomy. But when we asked, you will answer everything is fine. Don’t you know, the mutation of your attitudes making Kyungsoo think that you've got the other one out there?” Said Baekhyun undisguised.

             Kris gasped. He hadn’t expected that the matter would be though like this. By feeling  empathy on Suho’s  solitude, he made himself seemed different on his boyfriend’s eyes.  Kyungsoo even thought he liked someone else.

             “Yah! Do you hear me? Now, what is your answer? Don’t tell me that you want to defend yourself. You know for sure that I hate to see Kyungsoo being grieved.” Said Baekhyun with high notes.

             Kris was about to answer Baekhyun but the ringtone of his cell phone resuscitating him. He saw Jongdae’s name on the phone screen, without waiting any longer, he immediately took the call.

             “Jongdae.. How’s my visa? Really? Thank you.. I owe you, man. My ticket has ready also, I’m gonna take the first flight in the morning. Okay.. Thanks man..”

             When Kris hug up, he just realized that Baekhyun staring at him intensely. The man who was well-known as Bacon squinted. “Visa? First flight? Where are you  going?”

             Kris sighed anxiously. “Oh.. I’m.. I’m going to New York.”

             Baekhyun seemed streaked. “New York? Again? Are you in’ kidding me? But.. Why in this hurry?”

             “Got something important which must be done by me over there. That's why I called you earlier, I have explanation to say to you.”

             Baekhyun squinted once again. “And what is that?”

             Kris seemed to choose the right words before speaking. He couldn’t talk about who he has to meet there, but he should at least give a hint about his disappearance.

             “There is someone important who needs me currently.” Kris explained.

             “Really? Who’s that?” Baekhyun .

             “You don’t need to know.” Kris responded nervously.

             Baekhyun laughed sarcastically. “Oh.. I see.. Apparently, what Kyungsoo thought was right. Certainly the person you meant is the one who made you persisted longer in New York right?”

             Kris was about to answer, but his phone rang again. Before he had time to see who was the caller, Kyungsoo suddenly emerged from behind the wall, making Kris’ heart instantly lurched.

             “Kyungsoo..”

             “You're going to New York.. Without informing me..” he said with tone of disappointment. His eyes glazed by tear.

             “Soo.. It’s not like that. I’m definitely gonna let you know, and I need Baekhyun to..”

             “Your phone is keep ringing..” Kyungsoo contered back as he ignoring Kris’s answer previously.

             Baekhyun took an initiative, grabbing Kris’ mobile phone and looked who's the name which shown there.

             “Tiffany?” he asked distrustly.

             Kyungsoo formed a bitter smile on his lips. “It was right.. The one who is always dominating your mind is Tiffany. I get it now. Why were you thought a lot, looked morose, or checking your phone more often than usual. It’s because of her.”

             “Soo.. Honey.. Please don’t misuderstanding.. She’s nothing..”

             “Let’s get a prove.” Baekhyun interceding then swiped the green phone icon to connect a conversation with Tiffany and turning on the speaker.

             “Kris! Will you come here? I really need you this time..” a female voice sounded sad across.

             The speck of Kyungsoo tears making Kris realized that he had just made ​​the man he love the most in the world was weep and mourn for him. And he hate himself for turning a jerk to protect his friend.

             ‘I’m sorry Soo..’

*

 

* I hope you enjoy this. I hurt a lot myself when I wrote it down. Separating Krisoo was bad but do it to Sudo was even worse. But I'll stay consistent to make it as the first time I intended to. Please keep looking forward to it. I'm gonna update it as soon as possible..