Feeling Blue

It's Love

            Baekhyun got surprised that afternoon when Kyungsoo comes to restaurant where he worked with Suho. It's been almost a month since the last time Baekhyun saw Suho at Kai's birthday party and they had never met again. Kyungsoo usually come alone or Kris came thirty minutes later. But that time he was with his boss.

            Baekhyun've often heard stories about Suho from Kyungsoo that he’s nice, smart and very attentive. And from those stories, Baekhyun can concluded that the actual Suho is a good man. He just doesn’t want any fray happen if Kris suddenly appear.

            This doesn’t mean Baekhyun only support Kyungsoo with Kris. He fully supports Kyungsoo’s decision to choose the best man for him. But he knew Kris very well. In addition to the man sincerely loves Kyungsoo, he also could have beat up anyone who intends to snatch Kyungsoo from his embrace.

            And his job was at the stake here. He doesn’t want Kris show up later and make a fuss just because his crush came with another man. Beside that fact, Kyungsoo like Kris very much. And what’s the point for Kyungsoo getting close to a man who seems to love him but his heart is totally anchored in Kris?

            "Didn’t I told you not to bring him here?" Whispered Baekhyun when Kyungsoo approached him behind the counter, leaving Suho at the table located at the corner of the room with a menu list in his hand.

            "He asked me to have lunch together but I didn’t think that he would bring me here." Said Kyungsoo nervously.

            “Let’s hope Kris doesn’t come today.”

            Kyungsoo was about to say thay he expect the same when his cell phone rang and Kris’ name printed on the screen. Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun for advice but he was given the approval nod as the answer. Kyungsoo answered With any doubt then.

            “Hi Kris.”

            “Hi gorgeous.. Where are you? It’s lunch time, I’m gonna..”

            But Kyungsoo cut off quickly. "I've got so many things to do so I think I'll call the fast food restaurant so they can send my lunch to the office."

            A sigh of relief audible across. "I just wanted to tell you that I can’t have lunch with you today."

            Thus Kyungsoo can breathe easily. “All right.”

            "I can’t even pick you up from work later, maybe until next week. I have to leave for London to replace my ailing boss. I'm so sorry, Soo."

            When Kris call him ‘Soo’ means he’s serious. Kris’ voice was actually sounded very apologetic on the other side. And Kyungsoo feel the same way. Although Kyungsoo usually doesn’t talk much when only two of them in the car everytime Kris picked him up, but spend a day without seeing Kris is eventually the most emptiness for him.

            “Kyungsoo..? Are you still there?”

            Kyungsoo replied listlessly. "Of course. Your work is more important. Finish it first. We can meet up next time."

            "Are you mad at me?" There was a pleasure in his voice. Kyungsoo could even feel that Kris was smiling happy that time. knowing that Kyungsoo answered in a strange voice.

            "No, I’m just.. I'm okay." Thankfully Kris wasn’t in front of him so he couldn’t see how the red flush dominating his face right away.

            "All right. I promise I'll see you very soon when all the work can be resolved. Take care of yourself. I will always call you." Kris said before hanging up.

            Kyungsoo staring at his phone wearily. A week without Kris. And it made ​​him think of his days will be extremely tedious later. Yes, absolutely boring.

            "Kris just sent a message to me, he can’t see you this week and asked me to take care of you. It means we don’t have to worry he’ll show up and catches you with Suho this afternoon. And.. Oh, Kyungsoo-ya, don’t cry.."

            Baekhyun hugged his friend immediately when he saw a tear fall onto the latter’s cheek.

*

            "You came home by yourself today?" Suho immediately pulled over when he saw Kyungsoo waiting for the bus at the stop.

            Kyungsoo nodded.

            "Can I drive you home?" Asked Suho as he opened the car door for Kyungsoo.

            Kyungsoo looked uncertain for a moment although finally accept the invitation. He then sat next to Suho.

            "Thank you. Sorry for bothering you."

            Suho shooks his head. "Absolutely not. I'm just happy to have someone to talk while I’m driving.”

            "Kyungsoo smiles briefly. Maybe it's a good idea for him to ride Suho’s car today considering he always left unturned from the stop where he supposed to be dropped in these two days. It was only three days after Kris left but he can’t overcame the sense of emptiness nesting in his heart.

            "Do you want to stop briefly to the coffee shop? Only if you want." Suho broke the silence.

            "Of course, it's a good idea. I'm in the mood to drink a cup of hot chocolate."

            "What's the matter with you? Why do you seem so silent these days? Do you had a problem?" Suho asked when they sat already in one of the famous coffee shops of the town.

            Kyungsoo shooks his head. "I'm fine."

            "No, you're not. You can talk to me. Despite I can’t provide you a solution, but at least I can be a good listener."

            Kyungsoo bit his lips. He does need someone to talk to. He can always talk to Baekhyun at home. But now he needs another opinion about what is going on.

            "Do you have any problems with Kris?" Suho counter directly.

            Kyungsoo round off his eyes. "How did you know?"

            Suho smiled wryly. "Just guessing, surprisingly it's true."

            ‘Don’t say a word, please..’

            "He is in London right now."

            Suho exhale a deep breath. ‘Oh no..’

            "He was gone for three days and probably will be back in a few days. I used to see him everyday since we were in college. Three days without him making me felt totally miserable. And I still have to feel this way until a few days ahead. This is so excruciating."

            There was a pause for a few minutes. But Kyungsoo seemed unconcerned. He was busy with his own thoughts without knowing Suho’s facial expressions currently.

            "Apparently you two have been in a relationship since attending the college." Said Suho with reasonable tone.

            Kyungsoo was perplexed, didn’t know what to answer. Should he forthright on Suho that he and Kris can’t be said as lovers since he has not said 'yes' every time Kris declares his love? His doubts are too huge making the relationship with Kris becomes unclear even though he loved Kris much.

            But if he candid, then Suho would probably considered him as unfeeling man who making Kris love like a fool but he doesn’t throw any light. So Suho get the 'humm' as the answer.

            "You miss him, Kyungsoo-ssi. And I know how your feeling. Well, how about I help to make you feel better this evening?"

            Kyungsoo turned. "W-What?"

            Suho glances at his watch. "7pm. Come on, I'll take you to somewhere."

            And without waiting for an answer, Suho pulling the latter’s hand already and took him out of the coffee shop.

            Apparently Suho bring Kyungsoo to watch the animated movie titled 'The Croods'. They laughed during the movie over the popcorns and cokes. After that both of them had dinner at Suho’s favorite restaurant, where almost all the staffs knew him there.

            They ordered the main dish which is a favorite of all the visitors there, Kimchi fried rice. Kyungsoo swore it was the most delicious kimchi friend rice he ever had in his life. They were even given a free drink because Suho finally brought someone there.         

            "You always eat here alone?" Kyungsoo asked incredulously when Suho pay their food at the checkout.

            Suho noded.

            “But why? Everything in here is delicious, people won’t regret it. You should come with someone else often so you’ll get two advantages. You make the owner happy because they’ll get new customer and you’ll get more free drinks.”

               Both of them laughed. Kyungsoo looks more smiling and laughing at the rest of the night. Suho who well known as a calm man turned out to be someone who know how to make the other feel better and happier.

            “Thank you..” Kyungsoo said after they arrived home.

            “What for?”

            “You made me so happy in these few hours.”

            “Don’t mention it.”

            "No, really, I'm very happy tonight. And therefore I am grateful. Well, I have to go now, surely Baekhyun will scold me for coming home late. See you tomorrow at the office." Kyungsoo waved and ran into his house.

            Suho reciprocated with a smile. He waited until Kyungsoo really get into the house before he got in his car.

            Suho was not immediately turn car engine. He was pensive for a moment, look at the little house in front of him deeply.

            "How to prevent this feeling from you?"

*

            Kyungsoo spend the next few days after that night cheerfully. Albeit he had felt sad one more time because apparently Kris had to extend his stay in London, but at least the feeling of sadness is reduced because Suho never gave him a time to grieve.

            "I'll take this." Said Kyungsoo when he and Suho were shopping in a grocery. But the chosen box of cereal was taken from his hand.

            “No, not that one. You should try this. I promise you'll love it. It feels so much better." Suho explained then dropped another cereal box into their trolley.

            "But I always eat that one." Protest Kyungsoo again.

            “You have to try the others occasionally. "

            One thing about Suho is he never let Kyungsoo doing the same thing again and again. He always advocated Kyungsoo to try something else, something new to Kyungsoo could feel the color in his life.

            In contrast to Kris who always follow any will of Kyungsoo. The tall man was never forced Kyungsoo to feel anything else. For him, whatever it is, as long as Kyungsoo feels happy and comfortable, he will be happy aswell.

            Other time Suho enticed Kyungsoo to take another bus to get home, it means they have to take another way, the swivel one. Suho didn’t bring his car at that time and offer to accompany Kyungsoo in advance.

            “But why? By rotating, we go much further. Takes more time." Kyungsoo began to protest again.

            “You don’t have to do it every day. Quite occasionally. I'm sure you'll see something else." Again Suho reject Kyungsoo’s rejection.

            “But I've been down this road for a few times, although with some different purposes, I think this is the same.”

            Suho grabbed the latter’s both shoulders and looked at him with a cheery smile. "Trust me, just this once. If you don’t like it, we will not do it again.”

            Kyungsoo gave up. That night he finally complied Suho’s will. And surprisingly, he didn’t regret it at all. In all conscience, when passing through it at night, a lot of different things that can be observed because the road was much more crowded than usual route he traveled.

            “You're getting close to Suho lately." Said Chanyeol that morning when they met in the elevator.

            Kyungsoo nodded. "We're pretty close. He's really a good guy. He led me to feel for some new things.”

            Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo’s face thoroughly. The shorter man was smiling with a reddish tinge on his cheeks. Those big eyes staring as if to recall the events that he went through with their boss.

            “Oh well.. Means he is a good man. I also heard praises about him from some other staffs." Said Chanyeol in the end when they had to separate because they have different workspaces.

            “You need to be frequently talked to him and you'll know if those praises were true.”

*

            “Kyungsoo-ssi, are you okay?" Suho asked wistfully.

            Kyungsoo keep silent, doesn’t responding at all. He even covered his face with his palms.

            “Minseok hyung was distressed. Too much pressure from many sides made him explode like that. Do not think about it too much, I was scolded this morning also." Suho Rubbed Kyungsoo’s shoulders, trying to help him to feel better after get yelled by their boss at the meeting.

            “I don’t know, I just feel bad. Maybe what Minseok hyung said were true, I wasn’t working well recently." Kyungsoo started to complain.

            “Do not blame yourself, you did your best and..”

            Suho’s words interrupted by the ringing of Kyungsoo’s phone. The owner reluctantly reaches for his mobile phone. But when he saw who the caller was, his smile started spreading.

            “Kris..”

            There’s a slight pause, Kyungsoo seemed to hear the words across Kris. His face was radiant. Indeed, Suho eager to help Kyungsoo to feel better. But it seems Kris just did.

            But in the next minute the wide-eyed man’s face who had bright earlier turn to be gray. He bit his lip and looks even trying hard hold back his feelings.

            “I did not ask for more. Take care of your health. My boss call me, I’ll text you later. Bye.”

            Kyungsoo ended the conversation. Suho seemed being forgotten, he looked his cell phone with mixed of wrath and miserable expressions.

            “I don’t want gifts. I don’t ask anything. I just want you to go home, was that wrong? You've been gone for two weeks and now you're going to stay there for another week?”

            Suho watched Kyungsoo talking to his own cell phone. He knows it hurts, seeing Kyungsoo love another man and felt very lost when he was not around. But somehow, Suho reluctant to go from there. Despite his heart in pain, he just wanted to keep standing there, accompanied the miserable and lonely Kyungsoo.

            “Don’t you know how much I miss you..?”

            Suho realized right on that moment, Kyungsoo probably would have never seen him as a man.

*

            “Smile.. Please.. You’ve been gloomy already for a day?" Suho patted Kyungsoo’s shoulder gently.

            Kyungsoo sighed. "It's hard to smile in a day as bad as this. I just hope tomorrow is couldn’t be worse.”

            Both are enjoying the calmly flows of Han river in front of them. This day Kyungsoo did all his work in silence. He didn’t talk much to his friends and had lunch in front of the computer, not visiting Baekhyun like the usual.

            “What should I do to make you smile? Say it, I'm definitely going to do it." Said Suho ultimately.

            Kyungsoo looked at the handsome man beside him. "Why are you so kind and genuinely cares to me?”

            “I'm just trying to cheer you up. I don’t like to see my friend in sorrow." He replied with a reassuring smile.

            ‘A big lie..!

            “Thank you.. For accompany me these days.”

            “You’re welcome, Mr. Do. Now, stop being sad, I have a surprise for you.”

            “Surprise? What is..”

            Kyungsoo never finished the words because suddenly a sound of explosion echoed through the air followed by some reddish yellow light. Fireworks. At first there was only one and then followed by the other explosions, decorating the dark sky.

            Kyungsoo dumbfounded witness an explosion of fireworks above. The sky scattered with beautiful colors, make his heart feel involved colored. He stared straight ahead, where Suho stood and adored the fireworks above. The light of fireworks refracted in his eyes, his pale skin even reflect the colors of the fireworks perfectly. Kim Joonmyeon seemed perfect that night and Kyungsoo couldn’t prevent his mind to not to admire the handsome man.

            And once again, he felt his heart skipped a beat..

*

 

 

 

Sorry for the late post. I was totally busy and can't even touch my laptop :( This chapter maybe looks weird or something but my plan is never change, I will describe Kyungmyeon and Krisoo's relationship slowly and I hope you'll keep reading it. Please leave some comments and let me know what's on your mind. Thank you <3