The Light and The Darkness

It's Love

Perhaps there was no more restless person in the world that time but Kris. When Suho got critical period due to his deteriorated condition, Kyungsoo chose to crawfish off their relationship. Kris still remember clearly how Kyungsoo gave him an ultimatum, insist to go to New York and break up or keep stayin’ there and everything will be fine.

If Kris did not think about how a Suho has to fight solo, he might have followed the will of Kyungsoo. Who would want to lose of a loved one especially when you've got it in your grasp after waiting for years?

“Tell me, he’ll be fine?” Kris asked to Dr. Lee, who took care of Suho.

Lee Donghae shook his head. “Sorry, Kris. I can’t say that. His condition worsened and he had been completely surrendered. If the treatment given reviews by the supporting eager to survive, certainly at least he could survive much longer. But he has given up..”

Kris covered his face with both hands. "How much time is left for him?”

“Less than six months.”

Kris sighed. What should he do? Sooner or later, he has to go back to Seoul because he only asked permission of his boss for a few days. If beyond that, and he haven’t returned yet, he will be fired.

“A best friend is a friend who will always be there for the other. Just make him happy will get him into happiness.”

Kris didn’t answer, only nodded in silence. His head was totally full of thoughts. For the first time, he felt afraid of death. Is it painful? Or conversely is it pleasant instead?

It’s been two days since Kyungsoo got mad at him. He neither replied Kris’ message nor picked up the calls. Baekhyun was even terrible. He picked up the phone once then threw up lots of obscenities and after that he joined Kyungsoo in silencing Kris.

I won’t defeat myself for making you mad but I need you to know that I left for good sake. One day you’ll understand. I love you. And I will always do.

Message sent. Kris stared at his cell phone relentlessly, hoping at least Kyungsoo reply to the message, but it did not happen. Kyungsoo not even gave any messages until the last day Kris had to go back to Seoul.

“You have to follow the doctor's words. Do not stay up late and shouldn’t stay too long at outdoors. Eat regularly and take the medication on time. You shouldn’t be far from your cell phone, because I'll keep in touch with you.” Kris said extensively before leaving for the airport.

Suho who was looked weary and pasty, laughed. “You sounded like a mother.”

“I will be your mother if it needed. Please, just follow what I’ve said.” Kris pleaded.

To look in Kris’ eyes, making Suho felt a warm inside his heart. Kris even wasn’t his friend earlier but since he knew his disease, he turned to be the most careful person. And Suho appreciate it a lot.

“Kris.. Thank you..” Suho said earnestly.

“And stop saying that. You should pay me back, you know. With 100% healthy, I don’t accept simple thanks.”

Suho laughed. “Whatever. Thank you. Alright, I will do everything you said. Now you can go or you’ll miss the plane.”

Once he arrived at Seoul, Kris immediately went to see Kyungsoo. Initially, Kyungsoo refused to see him. But after Kris begged many times in front of his house, finally he walked out.

“Why are you coming?”

“Soo..”

Kyungsoo shifted his gaze to the street. His heart was in pain with the fact that Kris would prefer to leave him rather than put off his departure to New York. Moreover, he did it tacitly. Betrayed by a loved one is the most painful thing ever in his whole life.

“I know you're angry. But I swear, I did not go for the bad purpose. And Tiffany is nothing. She is my friend, she just..”

“Are you done?” Kyungsoo striked straightforward.

Kris gulped. “Soo.. Please.. Don’t do this to me..”

“You’re the one who supposed not to do this to me! I love you and you know that! I begged for thousand times to cancel your flight but you kept going. I even gave you an ultimatum to go but break up or stay and you’ll be forgiven. Don’t you remember what your choice was? Should I remind you?” Kyungsoo almost screamed that time. The anger mastered himself, making his body trembled violently.

Kris hugged Kyungsoo. The latter rebelled greatly but the warm embrace of Kris had conquered everything. And he got lulled.

“I hate you..”

“I know.. I’m sorry.. I love you, Soo.. So much.”

They were in silent for a few minutes then Kris finally released his arms and clutching Kyungsoo’s fingers.

“I love you too..” Kyungsoo said when their body apart.

Kris had the bitter smile formed on his lips. “I came to apologize also to say goodbye at once.”

Kyungsoo snapped. “What? I thought..”

Kris shook. “I have to go. I should do something that can not be leaving behind. I knew you would be angry and..”

“I am! You don’t even love me.”

“Soo.. I gotta go for something I can’t quite explain. This is too complex and makes me have no power to choose. Currently, I can only tell that I love you and no one can replace you. But I can’t be with you at this time. If you're still willing to wait..”

“I don’t want to wait for you!” Kyungsoo has got tears dripping in his eyes.

“Only if you change your mind and have a will to wait, I’ll be back to your arms again, I promise. But not right now.”

Kris could have pleaded to Kyungsoo for remains with him, doing a long distance relationship for a few months. But it would unfair to Kyungsoo considering Kris was totally prohibited to tell Kyungsoo about his aim to New York. As a lover, Kyungsoo should definitely know about what Kris do and of course he would asking for extra attention during the time they are apart. But Kris provide none, he should have given more attention to focus on Suho.

“I don’t love you. I hate you!” Kyungsoo had cried loudly.

“I’m so sorry, Soo.. I have to go now..”

“Just go! Don’t look back! Don’t you even dare to go back!”

Kris’ heart broken into pieces to hear those words. He couldn’t stem the anger of Kyungsoo that day. But he promised himself, he would make it up for all the mistakes someday.

“I’m going..” Kris hugged Kyungsoo for the last time and kissed his forehead deeply, channeling all his love for the man who may be loved throughout his life.

He then turned and began walking away from Kyungsoo who sobbed loudly behind. Kris did wanted to turn and embrace Kyungsoo once again, but with turned back, it will only increase the pain between them both. So he kept walking, leaving Kyungsoo and a million memories behind them.

*

 

Kyungsoo wept for days ever since the departure of Kris. He has loved Kris for years. And it's hard for him to accept the fact that he has been dumped. Kris who loves him, who has been chasing him for years, has now left him to something in which Kyungsoo didn’t got at all.

He still didn’t understand why Kris took this step. He will learn to accept the reality if Kris would just forthright. He wanted to fight for this relationship, but how could he mke it happen if Kris himself seemed to give up?

And Kris just like disappeared after the farewell. He was no longer transmitting any message or call. The last thing Kyungsoo heard about Kris was he had asked his boss to transfer him to the head office so he can moved to New York. Kris who loved his job, which has a good position as the boss' right hand has now gone, once again for something Kyungsoo didn’t even know.

What made Kris so hypnotized to abandon all his dreams, life and love in Seoul? What made Kris has decided to let go Kyungsoo off? What kept him went even half of his life - Kyungsoo, begging many times for him to stay?

“Kyungsoo..”

Kyungsoo threw his gaze back reclutantly. He got Chanyeol dan Baekhyun had already entered his room.

“Chanyeol came to see you.” Baekhyun said while putting a tray of food on the dresser beside the bed.

Kyungsoo smiled. “Thanks.”

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked.

Kyungsoo shook his head slightly. “How could I possibly okay if Kris isn’t here?”

Chanyeol became perplexed in what to say. He didn’t want his words later would make Kyungsoo be even sadder. “I've told Minseok hyung to give you permission for a few days longer. I did take care of sick permits and also brought some vitamins for you, so you can at least be stronger these days.”

“Thanks, Chanyeol. So kind of you.” Kyungsoo paused for a moment then continued as he formed a bitter smile on his lips, “How can I be stronger if the vitamin itself doesn’t here by my side?”

Once again, he cried. Chanyeol hugged the smile frame of Kyungsoo, let the latter cried out loud to shed all the burdens in his chest then released the embrace.

“I’m so stupid, weeping for him who wasn’t necessarily cried for me also.”

Baekhyun Kyungsoo clasped with affection. “There is no wrong to cry. Sometimes, crying actually helps to relieve the pain. If indeed you could be more satisfied after crying, then cry. Cry until you're tired and run out of tears. But after that, go back into a strong Kyungsoo.”

“Baekhyun was right.” Chanyeol added. “Just cry right now but we hope you can smile after.”

Kyungsoo himself didn’t sure at all if he could smile like usual. The pain in his chest was too hard. But he didn’t want to disappoint his friends so he wiped the tears and tried to smile.

Thousands miles from Seoul, precisely in New York, Kris was crying loudly as he hugged his chest.

“Kyungsoo.. I miss you..”

*

 

“How was your work today?” Suho wondering when Kris already seated beside his bed.

Kris shrugged. “Perfectly fine. All was going smoothly. How was your day?”

Suho sighed. “As usual.. Boring to the max. If only the hospital side gave me a lot of leniency.”

Kris laughed. “You know very well why they tighten up your safeguards.”

Suho pouted. “I just wanted to be free. I'm bored cooped up here.”

“I understand your feelings.” Said Kris. He really understands suffering endured by Suho.

“How’s Kyungsoo? Did you apprise to him?” Asked Suho subsequently.

Kris shook his head. “You know perfectly well that we already ended up.”

“You can’t be like this. It’s so not fair to him if you just left him with no words. He needs an explanation.”

“I could not possibly tell him what actually happened, instead.”

Suho got speechless. He himself asked Kris to stay in discreet. And for the helping him, Kris had the will to abandon Kyungsoo. Suho felt tightness complied his chest at that time. He really felt guilty with Kris rupture of relations with Kyungsoo.

He loved Kyungsoo. And he didn’t want to make him sad or even cry. The only thing that made Kyungsoo always smiling was Kris and now he has the heart to snatch Kyungsoo’s light in his life. But on the other hand, Kris came to offer friendship. At times like this, he needed a friend who can accompany him. However, did that mean he should hurt the only person he loved?

He can clearly remember what did he feel when he read an e-mail and got one from Kyungsoo. The content wasn’t long but it made Suho cried due to the sense of guilt in his heart.

Suho.. Where are you now? Are you okay? When will you reply me? I had lost the important one in my life, do I have to lose you anyway? I miss you..

‘Is it because of me so lots of people get hurt?’

*

 

Suho might be tormented by the burden of his guilt. But was Kris okay? Agonizing of longing actually hurt him. If he could, he wanted to kill his longings. He just found out that in addition of being betrayed, a sense of longing also painless deadly.

He was desperate and about to contact Kyungsoo also his close friends if he didn’t remembered the promise he had made himself. But, the incident the other night made ​​him cogitated up, whether he deserves to continue all of these or not.

He still remembered that night, when he and Suho were watching a movie when finally Suho fell asleep. Kris was still continuing due to his curiousity about the ending of the film itself. However, when the movie ended and he wanted to go back to his apartment, he heard a softly whisper escaped from Suho’s lips, calling a very familiar name. Kyungsoo.

He knew for sure that Suho love Kyungsoo. Even though he was no longer as Kyungsoo’s boyfriend, somehow heard about it made his heart pierced by thousands of needles. Painful.

It's been three months since he left Seoul and decided to stay in New York. He fought to finish his work as fast as possible so he can return on time every day and didn’t take a job at the weekend so he could have more time to take care of Suho.

Only God knows when the right time to call Suho. He was still trying hard to appear strong despite his body indicates otherwise. He always seemed happy and fine. But Kris knew, deep down, Suho definitely thinking about something.

He was increasingly weak, looked sicker, getting closer to his very last time, and Kris has not been able to do anything but make him smile every day. But.. There was something still remain missing. And he knew what it was.

*

 

Kyungsoo won’t forget that day. After almost four months when he struggled to escape from the shadow of Kris, when he was almost depressed with a sense of deep loss, something unexpected suddenly happened.

In the cloudy afternoon, someone knocked on the door of his house. He had just finished a shower after discharge from work. Actually he wanted to sleep early. A few months recently, he didn’t do a lot of things besides daydreaming, fell in silence and occasionally crying. Not easy to forget the person you love, right?

 When he opened his door, he nearly swayed in shock. Tall, handsome, blonde; Kris Wu was standing in front of his door, looking straight to his eyes in silence. He looked healthy also exhausting at the same time. Kyungsoo was about to say something when suddenly Kris sat down on his knees, looked down to the floor with both hands resting on his thighs.

“Kris..”

“Help me..”

“What happened, why are you..”

Kyungsoo couldn’t say more because Kris had hugged his both legs as he crying. “Please, help me. You’re the only last hope..”

Kyungsoo still can’t understand. All he could do was he knelt down as hugged Kris and wept with him. Touching that body was supposed to make his sense of longing relieved. But somehow, the more he sank in the embrace, he just felt a deeper longing.

Kris didn’t even talk much when Kyungsoo got him into the house and let him settled comfortably on the couch he used to sit.

All questions weren’t answered, making Kyungsoo increasingly concerned. Plus, Kris’ face looked more pale and tired. After they fell into a long solitude, finally Kris spoke.

“Would you come with me?”

Kyungsoo didn’t have to think twice, he replied deftly. “I’ll come wherever you go.”

“Thank you..”

Kyungsoo knew, he supposed to angry. He should slap Kris or scratch him because he asked Kyungsoo to join so easily after leaving without a word and explanations for four months.

But he couldn’t do so because in addition he was very grateful Kris had returned, he couldn’t deny that he still loves him. And, Kris’ strange attitude made Kyungsoo wondering what actually happens.

So there he was, inside an elevator that took him some where, because Kris himself seemed reluctant to explain any further. The only clue he knew that Kris just wanted to show something to him in New York, just that.

“Kris.. What are we doing here?” Kyungsoo asked in curiosity.

Instead of answering, Kris just held his hand and continued walking down the hospital corridor. He had stopped in front of a room which feels strange to Kyungsoo.

Kris riveted in front of the room, making Kyungsoo got more confused. The man just stared at the door in silence. The look on his face was flat with no color. His hand was still clutching Kyungsoo’s fingers in strong squeezing.

Suddenly the door opened. A young woman appeared from behind the door. He looked at Kris with a sad face.

“You’re here..”

Miraculously, Kris precisely snapped out of his reverie when she spoke. He smiled and nodded. “Tiffany, this is Kyungsoo.”

The girl named Tiffany was staring at Kyungsoo with a friendly smile and ing her hand for a handshake. Relief and concern marked on her face. Once again, all of those made ​​ Kyungsoo more confused. Especially when he find out who’s the girl in front of him, he was a little reluctant. Tiffany was the reason why he and Kris were broke up. Also the one who made Kris insisted to leave Seoul earlier.

“Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo was jolted from his thoughts and then shook Tiffany's hand with a little embarrassment. They didn’t talk much because Tiffany had allowed them to enter. Kris preceded him, but their finger’s grasp was stay still.

“Kris.. Who will we meet here?”

“Someone..”. Then he pulled Kyungsoo to approach the bed, letting Kyungsoo saw who was there clearly.

Kyungsoo still didn’t understand. Kris’ answer hasn’t satisfying and now he kept making him wonder. However, he wholly followed Kris toward the bed. Atmosphere was quite dark since the only light came from the lamp beside the bed. Not weird at all, they arrived at eleven o'clock and of course the room owner had fallen asleep already.

“He's looking for you today. I was just saying that you have to meet an important client and will be here soon. He didn’t know that you're back to Seoul.” Kyungsoo heard Tiffany spoke to Kris.

“I couldn’t tell him that I got to Seoul. He would ask many questions.” Kris replied softly.

When they were completely up to the bedside, Kyungsoo eyes squinted so he will be able to see who was laid there. And he seems to know who the young man is.

Kyungsoo came closer to make sure his sight. And when he realized that he wasn’t mistaken, Kyungsoo gasped as he covered his mouth with both hands. Skinny, lusterless, pale and looked exhausted, Kim Joonmyeon or better known by Suho, was lying there.

*

 

 

PS : Sorry for taking too long to update this one. Blame my busy activities x_x