The Day We Met

It's Love

       

            His name is Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo. 23 years old man who has just graduated from college with the high scores and currently has double job in a publishing company as an author and an editor.

            Kyungsoo had written some stories then submitted them to the company he’s working for today. Since they all had been published, the company though this doe-eyes man has an excellent ability in writing, so that’s the reason why they hired Kyungsoo to join then. What a great opportunity. A lucky man.

            Kyungsoo has been working for six months and he loved the job, the solid team work and the convenient location also the unique shape of the building. Everything was perfect.

            The sound of his cell phone awoke him from those reveries. He grabbed the phone out of the pocket and see who the caller was then he snort Instantaneously to see the name marks on the screen.

            It’s Byun Baekhyun.

            ‘I'm not mad at you in a real sense, I was just upset because you got so drunk last night, threw up on the floor and went to bed without cleaning the up. Predictably, who’s the one cleaned up your vomit this morning? Me!’ Kyungsoo look at the phone in his grip.

            “Wae!” Kyungsoo snapped ferociously after he swiped a green colour on the screen to answer the phone and sticked it onto his left ear.

            “Yah! Why are you so mad? Can you just forgive me? I promise not to get drunk like a troll anymore. Please don’t be mad at me." The voice across sounded to plead and seductive at once.

            "I can’t forgive you for the time being especially considering how Minseok hyung mad at me because I was so late. Next time, if you throw up again, I will clean it with your clothes! Your favorite one! I swear!"

            Baekhyun laughs. "Deal! I’ve never thought that Kai and Chanyeol will actually made me so drunk. Well, I would like to treat you lunch later at the restaurant which is close to your office."

            "Are you trying to seduce me in order not to be angry anymore?" Kyungsoo asked while stifled his laughs.

            "Of course. So?"

            "All right. Pick me up at 12, I don’t want to wait for you in the restaurant, you're always late!"

            “Okay.”

            Do Kyungsoo and Byun Baekhyun can be said as conjoined twins. No, do not misunderstand. They are very close friends since childhood. Both of their fathers are friends time and time again, and it was passed onto them.

            When they finally decided to went out of the lovely little town to resume their education to college, the parents approved because they believed both of the son can survive well as long as they always stick together.

            No one can consider more precious other than Baekhyun to Kyungsoo. He will always be his favorite, the number one in heart. He’s more than just a best friend. He’s a brother, part of his soul. He’s the kind of man who only knew to work and having fun. He didn’t care about dating at all even though a lot of boys and girls out there have an expectation on him.

            "I'm going to date someone someday. And that one will be my companion until I die. So, I object to waste my time by doing thing called dating. One day, the person will come. And he will be appeared in perfect timing." He said once.

            See? He’s not the type of person who would look around for somebody who’s attractive. According to him, every person gifted their respective spouses, one day these people will meet. So, he'll just wait for the time to come.

*

            The time showed 12.00 when Baekhyun arrived. Kyungsoo slightly baffled as to why this naughty boy wasn’t late as usual, but Baekhyun only giggled by saying that he also want to be on time once in a while.

            Kyungsoo can enjoy the food comfortably if he has not noticed that Baekhyun got highly respected in the restaurant. Every employee who saw him will directly bow respectfully to him.

            Kyungsoo squinted. "Hey, why does everyone paying homage to you?"

            Baekhyun laughed. "Surprise..! Didn’t you know that I was seeking for a new job somewhere else? This is my new place. And I’m a new supervisor here."

            “Really? Wow! Great news! Congratulation, bro!”

            Baekhyun proudly smirked. “Thank you. Therefore you’re required to have lunch here everyday. No exception.“

            Kyungsoo lifted his thumb and then continued devouring his food while Baekhyun stirred his juice. Suddenly someone approached their table.

            “Hi gorgeous, how are you?”

            Kyungsoo and Baekhyun suspend the activities and glanced the new comer. They found Kris was sitting between them, staring at Kyungsoo with his wild eyes.

            Kyungsoo’s face flushed instantly, making Kris smile even wilder, biting his own lips. “Ohhh, looks so y. Don’t do that Kyungsoo, you made me pixilated. Don’t blame me if I bite you immediately.”

            Everybody in this small universe, nope, Kyungsoo’s universe for sure, knows so well that Wu Yifan a.k.a Kris Wu likes the wide-eye boy so much. Since the first day they met, Kris has a crush on Kyungsoo instantly. A prude like Kyungsoo never expected more since the tall man was a popular flower boy who well-known as a cassanova, he wasn’t dating only one guy.

            And Kris was the man who had responsible in Kyungsoo and Sehun's broken relationship before. Sehun can’t resist the intimidation from Kris anymore, just because he’d been caught in the act having an affair with Luhan. That was infuriated the Chinese-tall man!

             Kris Wu was a playboy in college even when was in the high school. But he had never being serious to his date, he loved to play around. This habit has switched over along he got to know Kyungsoo. He thought Kyungsoo wasn’t deserved to be mocked or tricked, he’s special.

            “Yah! Stop teasing him!” Baekhyun spoke up for Kyungsoo. “Why did you late? Have you get lunch?”

            Kris was still staring at Kyungsoo for a few seconds before he glanced at Baekhyun. "That's why I came, you want to treat me lunch right, Mr. Supervisor?"

            Baekhyun rolled his eyes and called the waiter to take the order. With Kris presence in their lives, the three became close. Although the tall man was still teasing Kyungsoo anytime, but he could understand why Kyungsoo has not been able to open his heart. He needed time.

*

            Kyungsoo was examining the sheets of manuscripts which were sent to editor desk when Minseok, the boss came with someone he has never seen yet before.

            “This is Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo. He’s one of our editors here. A very talented young man who being hired recently."

             Then he turns to Kyungsoo and says. "Kyungsoo, this is the new assistant manager, in this case my assistant. He will need a lot of advices during work so I expect you a lot to help. Oh, I forgot, his name is Kim Joonmyun. But he prefers to be called Suho."

            Kyungsoo nodded then stood up to bow respectly to his boss and the asisstant. They’re both staring each other then suddenly that man smiled warmly.

            Kyungsoo felt his heart thumping hard at the moment. He felt like this before, but it was when he saw Sehun. And now he felt the same for Suho.

            “Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo.” Suho spoke with a soft-warm voice, made Kyungsoo felt as he heard a celestial sound flew into his ears.

            Kyungsoo controlled himself quickly. He nodded and replied quietly. "Me too. Hope you feel like home here."

*

            Kyungsoo waited patiently in front of the elevator entrance. The number above was still showed number 2 while the office itself located on the 5th floor, meant he must to wait for a few second away to elevator up.

            When the elevator finally opened, he walked in sigh of relief and then pressed the number 1, leading him to the main lobby. After, he still have to wait for a bus or taxi to get home which cover the distances around fifteen minutes from his office, even though it was an exhausting day.

            “Wait.. Wait for me.. I’m coming..”

            Kyungsoo slipped his hand between the two automatic doors to hold it coalesced after heard a shout from the end of the hall. It was Suho. The pale-skin man entered the elevator in panting.

            “Oh, hi.. Thank you for waiting. Number one please.”

            Kyungsoo only nodded, didn’t answer anything as he pressed the number one button. The elevator moved down for only five seconds when it’s suddenly reeled, made the users bouncing off of where they were standing, then completely stop moving at all.

            “! What was that?”

           

            Kyungsoo didn’t answer. He just stood quietly, digesting the circumstances which have occurred currently. He glanced at the buttons that showed the numbers to get the intended floor by elevator users, they’re dying out. Likewise the square metals object that occupied by he and Suho currently.

            “!” Suho grumbled as he shook his cell phone hardly in the air. “There’s no signal.”

            "Really?" Kyungsoo just got the courage to talk. Sound of Frightened represent clearly in his voice. He pulled out his cellphone, following the other man’s action then tried to contact the very first man who emerged on his mind, Baekhyun. Failed. His heart thumping in fear. What if he got stuck there forever?

             "Back off a bit, I will contact the officer who’s in charge."

             Kyungsoo concured. He let Suho overtook the emergency button and talked. There was an answer from the officer that there was damage on the elevator they were using and will be fixed soon. They were asked to be patient.

            Hearing that, Kyungsoo sat on the tiles floor of the elevator, leaning just on the right wall next to the buttons. There was no point he kept standing while his body seemed about to collapse due to exhaust.

            “Are you okay?”

            Kyungsoo nodded. "I'm just too weary."

            Suho also sat down across Kyungsoo. Both of them fell in silent for a long time until finally Suho began to talk.

            "Are you close enough to Minseok hyung?"

            "Not really. The closest co-workers to me is Chanyeol, he works as a graphic designer. Actually we decided to come home together today, but I had to stay longer to sort through a lot of scripts, so he came home first." Kyungsoo explained.

            The next second Kyungsoo clapped over own lips. Surprisingly, this is the first time he spoke by fairly long sentences with someone he didn’t know well. Usually he will be a passive speaker. He felt comfortable with this new friend somehow.

            Is it because of his friendly face? Or his eyes which emitting mild lights? Or maybe the smile that made his heart warm at once?

            Thought of it makes Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly as he stole a glance at the man who was sitting in front of him. It’s been a week they worked together but they’ve never been involved in a conversation like this before.

            "Why are you smiling like that?" Suho asked while flaunting his warm smile once again.

            Kyungsoo gasped when he saw the curve of the pinky lips. "Oh, nothing. I just remember some funny events so I am not feel sleepy anymore."

            ‘What a crummy lie.’

            “What’s your favorite thing to do?” Suho asked as he crossed his arms across his chest, waiting for an answer.

            Kyungsoo respond with no long thought. "Writing and reading."

            Suho laughed. "I know. Otherwise, how can you become a writer and editor at once? I mean the other things."

            “Oh, I see. I love movie, every kind of movie but romantic comedy will be the first choice.”

            Suho got fascinated. "Really? I also love to watch movies. What if we go out for watching a movie together someday?"

            Bunch of red hue was radiating across the surface of Kyungsoo’s face all of a sudden. He knew that wasn’t a date invitation, but.. Which may Kyungsoo could resist if Suho, the kind hearted-man and very charming, was the initiator?

            "You know, even though you look weary and pale, but it was a really beautiful smile. You should smile more often. Your facial expression was obviously serious while working. I passed in front of you several times in a day, but you didn’t even bother at all though. You're such a hard worker."

            Those words just really made Kyungsoo’s air supplies nearly ran out for breathing. Suho had watched him all the times?

            "Just greet me when you pass, so I'll notice." Kyungsoo replied shyly.

            "At first I thought the same. But then I prefer to watch you work seriously was much more pleasant. Besides, you're always working with the earphones plugged into your ears. I know you can’t even heard my footsteps."

            "That was.." Kyungsoo replied haltingly. "I.. I just need music while sorting those scripts."

            Suho just nodded. They returned to individual reveries afterward, up to Kyungsoo suddenly raised his head to the front then realize Suho was staring at him intensely.

            Those eyes.. Those eyes which staring at him in a soft glow-in jumbled with slight smile of the pink lips, made Kyungsoo wondering what’s on earth to him.

            “Kyungsoo.. Your eyes are so beautiful..”

            Kyungsoo felt his cheeks turning heat. It could be ascertained the red hue catering across his face. Once again, blushing!

            “What..”

            Kyungsoo was about to answer when the elevator they rode suddenly moved back down slowly. Less than ten seconds, the door seceded and showed the main lobby on the first floor.

             They stood together and got out of the elevator. Both were heading out in silence. Kyungsoo’s fingers clenched tightly, trying to eliminate the awkward ambience surround them.

            When he got outside, he turned around promptly and bowed to the older. "I'll leave first. My bus will come very soon."

            "I'll take you to the bus stop" Suho volunteered-of-factly.

            “Really? For what? I mean.. Are you gonna ride the same bus as mine?”

            Suho shooks. “I’m gonna get a cab after.”

            “You don’t need to me. I can go by myself.” Kyungsoo replied politely, trying to refuse.

            "I just wanted to stroll for a while. Looking for some fresh air." The older persisted.

            Kyungsoo can only kept down the odd demand; letting Suho walked him to the nearest bus stop. The doe-eyed man felt agitate. Not because he didn’t need to be accompanied, but there’s a tactless among them besides Suho'd been staring intense at him continually, making a strange feelings in his tummy churned merrily and propagated through the whole body.

            "Hard day. Coupled with the incident made ​​me late in getting home." Suho broke the silence.

            Kyungsoo still kept in silent. To be honest, he didn’t know what to say, because in addition he’s totally tired but he couldn’t dispel the charm of men with fair skins that was walking next to him currently. And once again, that was strange! He can’t even brave enough to glance at Suho since he realized his boss’ asisstant was damn cool!

            ‘Oh ! Am I just fanboying over him?’

            "Unfortunately the elevator stalled too fast. I wondered.. Perhaps, it will be great if the elevator stuck for two or three hours.." Suho continued.

            Kyungsoo lifted his face, looked directly to the boss, but he was staring straight into the road instead. What did he mean that earlier incident happened too fast? They were stuck there for almost an hour! And Suho just hope they trapped much longer?

            They both were busy with their own thoughts until them up to arrive at the bus stop. The bus that will be boarded by Kyungsoo has already come. The big-eyed man looked at Suho then said goodbye akwardly.

            “That’s my bus.. So.. I gotta go now. Thank you the company. See you tomorrow..”

            Kyungsoo stepping up the bus after waved slowly when he heard Suho call him.

            “Kyungsoo.. Can I you home? Just in case you need someone if another jam suddenly happens..”

 

*