Chapter 2

The One That Got Away

When she arrived in CLASS7, she was lucky that there were only a few people in the class. It seems like everyone is having a hard time to find the class just like her. Seohyun took a seat at the second row from the front.

She took out her books and her pencils. Then, a few people started to come in. At times, she would looked over and flashed her smile at them.

“Hey there, is this seat taken?”

She looked to her side to see the person that was talking to her.

Her eyes widened as she saw him. It was that arrogant guy again! It couldn’t be that he’s going to be my tutorial classmate, right, she thought. Still, she managed to put on her pokerface.

“No, of course. It’s empty.” She smiled.

The man smiled as he sat beside her.

While waiting for the lecturer to come in, everyone in the class was new to each other, so they started to ask each other about their names and all.

The man beside Seohyun seemed like he wanted to ask her name, but he just let it go as he was shy.

“Uhm.. Hey there, mind if I ask what’s your name?” He gathered all his courage to ask her.

She smiled and replied,” My name is Seo Joo Hyun. Just call me Seohyun. You?”

In her mind, she was thinking that maybe this guy is not that arrogant.

“I’m Luhan. Nice to meet you. I think we met just now in the lecture hall, right? You were the one who was sitting behind me.” He smiled.

It was her first time looking at him smiling so cute.

Just when they were about to talk more, the boy that was sitting behind them started to in.

“Hey there, still remember me?”

Seohyun turned around and smiled,” Oh you were the one who helped me with the timetable just now, right?”

He nodded like a crazy person.

“My name is Byunbaekhyun.” He smiled, taking out his hand to shake with hers.

“I’m Seohyun.” They shook hands.

“I’m baekhyun. “ Baekhyun said , looking at the guy that was sitting beside Seohyun.

“My name is Luhan.” He smiled as well.

The first class of biology tutorial class ended with the students introducing themselves to each other.

 


 

Seohyun was so lucky to have a friend as soon as she started her first day as a college student. She made friend with Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was the one who always hang out around her. They always go to the café to eat together and go to the library to study together. In short words, they always do everything together.

Then, after a month, the relationship between the students in the class had gotten better than before. They can even joked with each other.

So does the relationship between Seohyun and Luhan, they had gotten better than before.

 


 

After two weeks being in the college, Seohyun began to adapt herself to the surroundings.

One day, there was a notice put up on the information board about the college having audition for the new students into the band group for the college.

She went audition for the piano.

The audition was held at the squash auditorium. At the audition, she saw so many students coming for the audition. She felt a bit intimidated.

“Okay, so let’s class you guys into specific instruments. Those who play the guitar will group up with the pianist in front of me. Drummers will be at the right. Violinist and other instruments will be at the left.” Mr Lee said.

Everyone started moving to the groups.

Seohyun moved up to the center as she was auditioning as a pianist. She didn’t know any one of them yet, so she just kept quiet.

Just then, someone approached her by sitting beside her. She looked to side and saw a boy sitting beside her, holding a guitar.

However, it seemed to her that the face of the boy is very familiar. The boy seemed to be noticing that Seohyun kept on staring at her, so he turned to face her.

“I’m sorry…” Seohyun said, quickly turned away.

“You… I think I’ve seen you somewhere before.” He stated.

“Really? I think I’ve seen you before too.” She smiled.

“Wait….! I think I know now. You were the one who helped me with the class in the very first day.” She added.

“Oh right! Now I remember!” He smiled.

“I asked you about the class, but you seemed to be very busy searching for your own class, so I didn’t even bother to receive a response from you. I was touched when you came back to me and told me the way to the class. If it wasn’t for you, I would have come late to the class.” She explained.

“Thank you!” She added.

“Oh it’s nothing, I’m sorry that ignored you that day.” He apologized.

“It’s okay.” She smiled.

“Oh by the way, my name is Kyungsoo.” He reached out for her hand.

“My name is Seo Joo Hyun, just call me Seohyun.” She smiled, shaking hands with him.

He’s kinda cute, she thought.

“Oh are you a guitarist?” He asked.

“Oh, no… I’m a pianist.” She smiled.

“You’re a pianist? Wow, I’ve been meaning to learn piano, but never had the chance to. I only can play the drum and guitar. But I’m auditioning for guitar today.”

“I like girls that can play piano well.” He added.

She became shy with the statement he made.

“I’ve also wanted to play the guitar, but I only know how to play C chord only. No one can teach me guitar.” She said.

“Really? Well, what if we exchange our knowledge? Hahaha… If we get to be in the same band group, then I can teach you the guitar while you teach me how to play the piano.” He suggested.

“Okay, deal.” She laughed.

After the audition finished, Mr Lee announced the name that succeeded to be in the band group.

Band Group 1

Guitarist : Sehun, D.O, Hoya

Pianist : Seohyun

Drummer : Chanyeol

“Oh my God! We’re in the same band group!” Seohyun cheered. Kyungsoo cheered with her as well.

“Looks like we’ll be seeing each other more after this.” He smiled.