Chapter 9

The One That Got Away

Seohyun was at the studio waiting for the band members to come.

Then, Kyungsoo came in.

“Hey!” Seohyun greeted her.

“Hi!”

“You are late today, I’m going to make you guys pay a dollar to me for being late.” She laughed.

“Hey, chill! So, how are you doing? I think it’s been a while since the last time we met.”

“Yes, you don’t even bother to call or text me. Even Lay texted me.” She pouted.

“Really? If it was me, I would’ve call every night to say good night.” He winked.

For some reason, she could feel her heart when thumping when he winked at her.

“Oh well, I guess I would be the happiest person to have someone wishing me good night every night.” She flirted back.

“Oh, I didn’t know you were this kind of person.” He .

“Yah! You are the one who taught me this.” She laughed.

The two of them started to sing to Goodbye Summer. Then, took a rest again.

“Kyungsoo ah, Luhan is your cousin, right? You must know a lot about him.” Seohyun asked.

“Well, not really.”

“Eiii, I know you do. Has he ever been in a relationship before?”

Seohyun was asking the question so bluntly, because she felt that she can be honest with him.

Kyungsoo was taken aback by the question.

“Well, I’m not sure about that.”

“Yah!”

“Why do you want to know about that though? Do you like him?” He put out a bait in purpose.

“Well, you see… Uhm.,.. I can be honest with you, right?”

He nodded.

“I don’t know what I’m feeling. But it seemed to me that he likes me too. Well, I can’t say that I don’t like him totally. “

Kyungsoo slightly nodded.

“So, I just want to know if he has someone else because he said no when I asked him.”

“He said no?”

“Yeah.”

“I guess it’s a no then.” He tried to fake a smile.

Seohyun smiled.

“What kind of a girl does he like?”

“Hmm… I’m not sure.”

“I’ve never seen him so friendly with a girl before though. But still, I can’t be sure because of that, right?”

He smiled. He can’t believe Luhan really tricked her.

“Oh, but do you know about Im Yoona?” She asked again.

“Yoona?”

“Yeah, the singer for the third band team. I saw her talking to Luhan. So, I supposed that you should know her too.”

“Oh, yeah. I know her.”

“Really? Wow, what a small world, right?” She smiled innocently.

Yoona started talking to Luhan again, he thought.

“When did you saw them talking to each other?”

“Yesterday. In front of the library.”

He nodded.

“They looked really close though. She was even holding on to his arm.” Seohyun pouted.

She finally wants to go public, he thought.

“But the girl seemed to hate me though.”

“Why?”

“She’s not talking to me even though I was beside him. She kept on ignoring me though.”

Kyungsoo nodded. He didn’t know what to respond to her.
 


 

That night, Kyungsoo went to Luhan’s dorm again.

“Don’t you think you are coming here too often? If you have such time, why don’t you just go study in your room?” Luhan said, without looking at him.

“I heard that you and Yoona are going public.”

Luhan put down his pen.

“Yoona doesn’t like Seohyun.” Kyungsoo blurted out.

“Choose one, dude.” He added.

“Don’t play around with Seohyun. Let her go if you have no intention to date her. That girl really believed on the hints that you gave her.”

“YAH! CAN YOU PLEASE STAY OUT FROM THIS!” Luhan yelled. Luckily, his rommates were all out.

“How can I just stay away when you are playing with her like this!”

“I’LL FIGURE OUT EVERYTHING!”

“I hope you will. Because it’s enough for me that you took one from me. I can’t tolerate anymore if you are going to take her again.” Kyungsoo left.

Luhan sighed. He doesn’t know what to do. He, himself, is confuse with his own feelings. He felt great with Seohyun, that he forgot he had a girlfriend. When his girlfriend showed up and said that she wanted to go public with their relationship, he was happy too.

Now, he’s confused. What am I doing?
 


 

After they finished eating lunch, they walked to their next Chemistry lecture. On the way, they kept on talking to each other and laughed at the same time too.

Seohyun was walking behind Taeyeon, Baekhyun and Luhan. Just when she was trying to get her shirt straight, her necklace fell on the floor from her neck.

“My necklace….” She said.

The three of them who was walking in front stopped and turned their back to see her.

“Are you okay?” They asked.

She nodded. Actually, she wasn’t really alright because the necklace was given by her late father. She picked it up.

Taeyeon and Baekhyun had already walked forward.

Seohyun continued to walk after picking up the necklace. Suddenly, Luhan, who was walking in front of her, reached out his hand to her.

“What do you want? She asked, as he reached out his hand to her without even looking at her.

He opened his palm, as if he’s asking her to give something to her.

“Your necklace…” He said.

She was taken aback with his words, but still, she gave it to him.

When he got the necklace, he tried to see the problem of it. He wanted to know why the necklace fell off. He tried to put the necklace together again. However, he failed because the point to attached the necklace had already broken.

“I don’t think this will work anymore.” He said after trying to re-attached it a few times.

She nodded. He gave the necklace back to her.

“I think we’ll have to change the necklace.” He said.

Her eyes widened as she heard what he said. It felt like a dream for her to hear him said that.

“What?” She said, trying to confirm it again.

“I said we’ll get you a new necklace later. So, don’t be sad.” He said, turning his back, to look at her.

She was startled with his action and just nodded in embarrassment.

“Okay!” She smiled as she walked by his side.

He looked at her with a you-are-really-weird look on her face, but still smiling. He thought that Seohyun being so innocent was very cute.