Chapter 3

The One That Got Away

It was Tuesday night, Seohyun and Taeyeon were doing study group with Hara and Nicole at the study room in their dormitory.

Suddenly, Seohyun’s phone rang. It was a message ringtone. She was curious as it was rare for her to have someone sending her messages at night.

Her eyes widened as she saw the name of the person that sent her the message.

To : Seohyun

Hey there! Just wanna ask… Have you done your jotter book for Chemistry?

From : Luhan

Taeyeon noticed the look at her face.

“Seohyun ah, who texted you?” she asked.

She passed the phone to Taeyeon. She, too, was shocked as she saw it. They couldn’t speak directly as Hara and Nicole were there as well. so, they had to use body language. Taeyeon made the so-what-are-you-going-to-reply-him sign.

Seohyun shrugged her shoulders, then she put out her hand, indicating her to wait.

To : Luhan

Hello! Oh, yes, I’ve done it. Why?

From : Seohyun

 


 

-Oh, you’ve done it. Well, I don’t really have any idea on how to do it. So, is it possible if I borrow yours as my guidelines?

-Oh okay… But when are you going to borrow this?

-Uhm… Can I borrow it now?

-Of course, where are you?

-Uhm.. I’m in the library with Sunny and the others. We’re having discussion together. I think we will be out from here at 10.30pm. So, is it possible for you to see me then? Hehehehe….

-Okay fine. I’m fine with it. I’m studying at the study room with Taeyeon too. So, I guess we’ll see each other then. See you later.

 


 

After Seohyun and her friends finished their group discussion for Biology report at 10.30pm, she headed to the library alone.

When she arrived there, she saw Luhan standing in front of the library alone. Everyone seemed to be already leaving as the library had already closed.

“I’m sorry I came late.” She apologized.

“Oh it’s okay. We just came out though. The others already gone back.” He smiled.

It’s kinda awkward for the two of them to meet like that at night.

“Uhm… Oh, this is the jotter that you want to borrow from me.” She handed the jotter book.

“Oh thank you! I’ll give it back to you tomorrow, okay?” He said.

She nodded.

Then, it was silence between the two of them for a few seconds again.

“Uhm… I’ll get going then.” Seohyun smiled.

He nodded and watched her walked away. He took a glance at his watch and it showed 11pm. It was already almost midnight, can she walk by herself?

“Seohyun ah!” He yelled out her name when she was walking at the corridor. She turned around. He ran towards her.

“Which block do you live?” He asked, as he took a few deep breathes after running.

“A. why?”

“Can you walk back to the dorm alone?” He asked, catching a few breathes.

“It should be fine for me, I think.” She replied.

“I’ll walk you back to the dorm.” He said.

“Oh it’s okay though. Won’t it be tiring for you to walk back to your dorm again?” She tried to refuse it in a good way.

“It’s almost midnight. Let me walk you back to the dorm. At least, I can be sure that you arrived well.” He smiled.

She smiled, feeling happy deep down her heart. It was her first time having a guy walk her home.

“Fei’s in Block A too, right?” Luhan asked, abruptly.

“Yes. Why?”

“Oh, I’m just asking. Because she was also in the group discussion just now. she asked me  to walk her home, but I refused because I told her that I’m waiting for you.”

“Oh really? Gosh, she must be really mad now that you walked me home.” Seohyun laughed.

“You think so? Hmm… Whatever…” He laughed as well.

All the way long to the dorm, Seohyun felt so safe with Luhan beside him. As they were approaching the dorm, she felt a bit sad because she felt happy spending extra time with him and didn’t want their moment to just end right there.

“We’re here.” Luhan said, standing in front of the building. Boys aren’t allowed to stay close to the girls dormitory.

“Oh okay, thanks for walking me home.” She smiled.

He nodded, “Welcome.”

“Uhm… Luhan sshi, Honestly speaking, I was scared to walk alone. I almost asked you to walk me home, but I’m shy. Thanks for asking me in advance.” She smiled and walked in.

Luhan was taken aback by the confession that she made a few seconds ago. He was touched that she actually being honest with him.

She’s really cute with that personality of hers, he thought. Then he went back to their dorm as well.