Chapter 4

The One That Got Away

BAND PRACTICE

It was Friday afternoon and it is a schedule for the school band to practice as a band at the music studio for their performance on Saturday night.

That week, Seohyun’s band group was the chosen band.

So, they met up at 4pm after their class finished. Unfortunately, some of their members still haven’t arrived because their lecturers extended their class to 5pm.

Only Kyungsoo and Seohyun were the earlier ones to arrive.

“Hmm…. Looks like we have to wait for them for another hour.” Kyungsoo said.

Seohyun nodded. She was excited as it was the first time for her to perform in the public live.

The awkwardness between them was very obvious as they had only been meeting twice before.

To avoid the awkwardness, Kyungsoo made a move by asking Seohyun to show her piano skills.

“Hey, before we start, can you play the keyboard for me?” Kyungsoo asked. He knew that he was being random. But hey, it’s so awkward and he just couldn’t stay doing nothing for an hour.

“Oh, okay. What do you want me to play?” She asked, sitting in front of the keyboard.

“Uhm… How about playing any song that you know?”

She nodded and started to play and sing to Eric Clapton’s In The Heaven.

“Wow! I didn’t know you could sing! You should’ve auiditioned to be the vocalist!” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Ah, hahahaha… I’m not confident with my singing skills.” She laughed it off.

“But you really have a good voice! Why don’t you become the vocalist for our band as well? I mean, we don’t have any vocalist now, so why don’t you be one? Then we don’t have to borrow other band’s vocalist.” Kyungsoo smiled brightly.

Seohyun smiled. “I don’t…..”

“Just go for it! If you can’t do it, then we’ll get someone else for the next time we go on stage.” Kyungsoo reassured her.

Seohyun nodded. She really wanted to be the vocalist, but she just couldn’t get herself to say it because she was that kind of introvert personality.

Kyungsoo picked up his guitar and started to play to random music.

Seohyun was so amused that she kept on staring at him playing the guitar. Kyungsoo noticed that she was staring.

“Do you want to learn it?” He said, lending the other guitar to her.

“But I can’t…”

“I’ll teach you… “ He smiled.

He taught her several basic codes such as C G D E F Am Em F#m A B Bm.

Sometimes, when she can’t pressed on the string properly, Kyungsoo would assist her by holding her hands. At that time, she would feel so nervous that she could hear her heart beats so fast,

“You just practice the first 3 basic chords I taught you earlier, I’ll teach you the rest later.” He smiled.

Seohyun smiled.

“Hey, mind singing for me?” He asked.

She lifted her eyebrows.

“You know Akdong Musician’s I Love You, right? Sing it with me.” He said and played.

Seohyun smiled and nodded.

She was feeling nervous when singing the first verse that it was showing in her singing. Her singing was unstable. Then, Kyungsoo sang the second verse. He was smiling to him as he sang to encourage her.

jeojeollo nege nuni ga
nega ibeun ot munuiga
nune ttuineun geotdo aninde
onjongil dareun ireul
hago itneun jungedo
i saram cham
gwaenchanhdan mariya

When it was the chorus part, Seohyun tried to blend in her voice with his voice, and it worked! They were smiling at each other as a signal that they did great. They finished the song.

I love you saranghaeyo

neol boneun narimyeon dulman
mannaneun nari anindedo
neoegeman jal boiryeogo
mag geurae nan geurae
I love you saranghaeyo
neol boneun narimyeon dulman
mannaneun nari anindedo
mag seollego
geureon danikkanyo

“Wow! That’s quite impressive!” He complimented her.

“I was nervous. I never sang with others like this.” She said.

“Well, get used to it because you’ll denifintely sing a lot next time.” Kyungsoo smiled.

Seohyun was feeling great though she was a bit shy. She felt so happy because it was the first time she sang with a guy with the companion of guitar.

“You don’t usually play guitar, right?”

“Oh yeah…”

“I’ll make you learn guitar because of me then. Hahaha…. It’s really great when you have someone to sing for you when you’re playing.” Kyungsoo said.

 


 

Their members started to arrive by 5. All of them were furious that their lecturer extended their class.

“Hey, guys! I found our vocalist!” Kyungsoo cheered.

“What? Who? Are you taking Eunjung?” Chanyeol asked.

“No, we don’t need to take Eunjung. We have Seohyun.”

“Isn’t she our pianist?”

“She can sing as well.”

“Really? We want to listen to it.”

“Seohyun ah, we also want to hear it.” Lay said.

Kyungsoo started playing I Love You and Seohyun sang to it.

The others were impressed by her singing skills and started to clap.

“Yah! Someone go and tell Mr Lee that we already found ourself a vocalist!” Lay cheered.

Seohyun became shy when people started to compliment her singing skills. She wasn’t good like Jieun, but hearing compliments from the guys made her confidence boost up.

“Personally, I love your voice much better than Eunjung’s. You sound much more softer than her.” Chanyeol said.

“I’m still not that good as her though.”

“I bet you can win over her.” Kyungsoo said.

Seohyun laughed it off. She wasn’t sure if she could win over Eunjung because Eunjung is already known for her strong voice and she had won several times for singing competition. Even when she met Eunjung that day, Eunjung was very picky that she wanted to enter the band with professional musicians.

She was supposed to be the vocalist for Seohyun’s band, but since their musicians are just average level, Eunjung left them for the first band.

She couldn’t forget what Eunjung told them.

It’s not that I don’t want to be in your band, but I have a choice and it is to be with the guys with more experiences. I heard that your members have no experience in performing public. I hope you guys find someone before your turn to perform live.

I’ll show her how we survive, she thought. 

 


Author's Note : Ah.. I'm happy that my subsribers is growing each day.. But I really hope to see comments too.. I want to know what you guys think... HUHUHUHUHUHU... Anyways, thanx for supporting!! I'm challenging myself to write KYUNGSEO too... Hahaha...