Chapter 10

The One That Got Away

That night, Miss Jung made a Mathematics class to cover up the class that they canceled a few days ago. Seohyun and Taeyeon came to the class 5 minutes before 7pm.

Seohyun was about to greet Luhan when she came in, but Luhan rushed out with his phone.

She decided to just sit down.

When Luhan came in, she looked at him, wanting to greet him, but she decided not to because Luhan’s face was getting darker.

He kept on glancing at his phone as well.

Then, his phone rang again and he rushed out.

“Hey, what’s with Luhan? Do you think he had a fight with his girlfriend?” Yuri, who was sitting beside Seohyun, asked.

She looked at Yuri, “No idea.”

Then, Taeyeon looked towards Seohyun, asking the same thing again.

“I don’t know. But he doesn’t have a girlfriend as far as I know.” She replied.

“How can you be so sure? He looks so worried.”

“Trust me. I know he has something happened.” Seohyun smiled, reassuring Taeyeon.

Deep in her heart, she was feeling worried with Luhan attitude.

After the class finished, she thought that she wanted to walk with him. However, he left the class as soon as Miss Jung dismissed them. It seemed like he was in a hurry.

She sighed.

 


 

The Next Day…

Seohyun and Luhan were on their way to the lecture hall. The students that were in the lecture hall hadn’t come out yet, so they had to wait outside.

Seohyun looked down and saw Kyungsoo walking. She wanted to greet him, but she was worried that Luhan might get the wrong idea because he once said that he didn’t really like how the two of them are close.

So, she just decided to keep quiet and acted like she didn’t saw him.

Just then, Luhan was also looking down and saw Kyungsoo.

“Oh, Kyungsoo..” He said.

Seohyun acted like she was looking for him, “Where?”

Right at that time, the door to the lecture hall had finally opened which means that the students in there has already come out.

They waited for everyone to come out, then they went in.

“He…” Luhan said.

Seohyun noticed that he wanted to say something.

“What?”

“He wanted to bring me along.” He said.

“Bring you where?” She asked, despite knowing the real reason.

Luhan seemd wanting to tell her the real reason himself, but didn’t get to because everyone was already pushing to get in to the lecture hall.

Seohyun thought that he could tell him when they are already in the lecture hall because their sits are not that far.

However, that day, they were seating far away from each other, as the seat that Seohyun always sit at had already taken by other people from her tutorial class.

She sighed. She knew the real reason by accidentally opened his message in his phone. She pretended not to know anything because she believed that Luhan will come to her to tell the real thing.

But still, she was grateful that Luhan was actually planning to tell her, but couldn’t since they were too far.

 


 

Four Days Later

There was a lecture class made by Sir Choi Siwon that night at 7pm. Seohyun went to the lecture class 15 minutes earlier to save seats for her and Taeyeon.

When she entered the lecture hall, she saw Luhan sitting with Sunny and the girls at the back. She was lucky that he didn’t saw that she was looking at him.

Looking at him, not noticing that she arrived, she just walked to the back seats without even looking at him. It hurt her so much that he didn’t even greet her or anything.

She was already hurt enough from what she had gone through a few days ago. Though she know the reason why he took a leave from college for a few days, but it still hurt her that everyone seemed to be talking a different reason of him taking a leave from college.

It made her felt like she was being lied by him although she knows the reason. Every single day, she heard them talking about how he wanted to go for the university interview that he even took leave from college. She knew for sure that it wasn’t for that, but she seemed to be believing the fake fact since everyone is talking about it.

Seohyun sat at the back, with her earphones on. She was starting to get angry by Luhan’s attitude.

Just then, Taeyeon entered the lecture hall and went straight to her seat.

“Oh, Luhan’s here.” Taeyeon whispered.

“Yeah, whatever, I don’t even care.” Seohyun said.

Taeyeon looked at her confusedly. She was supposed to be happy that the person she like is here, she thought.

“Hey, Luhan!” Taeyeon yelled.

Luhan turned his back and smiled at her.

Once again, Seohyun was hurt because he only smiled at her, it was already obvious that she was there right beside Taeyeon. Why didn’t he greet her as well?

She just kept quiet, even though she was already burning inside.

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked.

“No, I’m not. He’s such a jerk!” Seohyun said.

 


 

After the class ended, everyone was getting ready to leave. Seohyun looked over at Luhan if he’s going to wait for her like he always do. Sadly, he seemed to be leaving the lecture hall with the girls.

She took a deep breathe, telling herslef not to get mad on small things.

When she walked out of the lecture hall, Luhan was waiting for her outside.

“Hey there!” He smiled.

“Hey…” She greeted him back with cold tone.

He was walking in front of her, Seohyun didn’t even know why her hands just automatically punched his arm with a bottle that she was carrying just now.

She hit him using her bottle on his arm.

She hit him several times. She was really mad.

“Ouch, why did you do that?” He asked.

“You’re so arrogant!” She blurted out.

“What? I’m not.” He said, pulling her hair.

She averted his hands quickly.

“I’m mad at you.” She said, looking at him. He stopped walking as he looked at her as well.

Just when he was about to answer her, Baekhyun came from behind.

“Hey, dude! So, how’s your interview going?” Baekhyun asked.

Seohyun looked at Luhan with a sarcastic smile on her face.

“Yeah, do well on the so-called interview.” She smirked.

“I….” Luhan said.

Baekhyun was still clinging on him.

“Oh well, I ddin’t really go for the interview. I actually went to see my mum. I kinda miss her, you know.” He explained at Baekhyun.

Seohyun was too mad that she left them there and walked alone in the front. he seemed to be noticing that she was nowhere to be found near them.

He quickly run after her.

“Yah, you should wait for me.” He said.

Seohyun stopped walking and turned her back to face him. She was at the verge of crying.

“Do you have any idea how I feel now?!” She said, in a cold tone. But it was already enough cold for him to know she was mad. She tried to suppress her voice lower because there were still people passing by them.

Luahn’s eyes widened as he didn’t know what she was talking about.

“Do you have any idea how I feel right?! I feel like a fool. You seemed to be lying to me! I hate you! you told me a different reason, but then you tell the others a different reason too, right? you don’t even care about me!” She yelled. Everything that was kept deep in her heart just came out naturally from .

She didn’t even aware that she’s actually speaking out her true feelings.

“I… I am… Sorry…” He stuttered, after watching Seohyun being so mad.

He didn’t expected to see her get so mad. He thought that she was so innocent and kind-hearted that she won’t get mad at all.

“Sorry? Is that all? You’re fooling around with my heart, do you realize that?!” She said, at the verge of crying. She was just holding back the tears.

She stared at him, then walked away.

“I’m really… Sorry… Listen… I didn’t lie to you at all. I was being honest with you that day.” He explained, stopping her from walking away by grabbing onto her arm.

The students that were passing by them were looking at them, as they looked like a couple that had a fight.

“Really? You were? I don’t think so, because it felt like you were lying to me! I guess you’re really playing around with me, right! even now, you are fooling around with me! I must be crazy to believe you all the long!” She said, with a sarcastic tone.

“Listen, let me explain, I never meant to lie to you. I was telling you the truth. I really did took a leave because of family problems. My best friend passed away. He was my cousin too. So, I didn’t lie to you.” He said, looking at her.

“That day, I wanted to leave without telling the others, but then, they saw me talking to Mr Lee about me taking a leave for a few days. I couldn’t tell them the truth as I know that they will be talking about it all day. So, I just nodded when they asked if I was going for the university interview. That’s why they thought I really did went for it.” He added.

Seohyun started to feel guilty. She was actually accusing him of doing something that he didn’t.

“Can you believe me now? I really didn’t lie to you. I won’t lie to you.” He said, getting closer to her.

“Well, okay, I believe you. But then, how is it that Sulli knew about you coming back today?” She asked. She was actually feeling sad that others know about him coming back that day except for her.

“You didn’t expect me to tell you I’m going back today when you didn’t even ask me, right? You didn’t ask me, that’s why I didn’t tell you. I was waiting for you to text me those days, but you never did.”

 He replied.

“Well, that was because I thought you might be busy that you will ignore me and my stupid message.” She pouted.

He laughed when he noticed that she was giving in to him. He thought that it was cute of her acting like that.

“So, everything’s clear now, right? You’re not mad at me now, right?” He smiled.

That smile always made Seohyun’s heart melted. Whenever he smiled at her, there was nothing that she could refused.

“I guess so.” She smiled.

He laughed as he messed her hair.

“Yah! You’re always doing that to me!” She acted like she was angry, but then, ended up smiling.