Chapter 5

The One That Got Away

Saturday Night

The concert staff students in charge was already at the outdoor hall, preparing the LCD and posters. They didn’t prepare chairs because they wanted the students watching to be in a comfortable place.

Seohyun and her bandmates went to the stage and prepared their instruments. They will be holding a two hours concert with several genre songs.

“Seohyun ah, are you feeling okay?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I’m okay. Just a bit nervous.”

“Just do your best! We perform to make people enjoy. So, we need to enjoy ourselves.” He cheered on her.

She tried to smile but she was too nervous.

Kyungsoo grabbed her left hand and dragged her into his embrace. Seohyun tried to get away.

“Just stay this way for a while until you feel calm.” He said.

Seohyun stayed silent. To be honest, she was also starting to feel calm in his embrace.

Then he let her go.

“How do you feel?”

“Much better.” She smiled.

Kyungsoo smiled.

When Seohyun was trying to warm up her voice, Eunjung came to her.

“I heard you will be the vocalist band?” Eunjung asked.

“Yes.” Seohyun nodded.

“I see. Let’s see how good you are than me.” Eunjung smiled.

“Yah, Ham Eunjung! Do you have to be so harsh to her?” Chanyeol yelled.

“Oh well… You can avoid the fact that she’s not good as me. I mean… I’m one of the recognized singer around here.”

“Aigoo…. Why don’t you just go audition at any agency to be a singer then…” Lay mocked.

“I don’t have to audition. To be honest, I was scouted but I don’t feel like going to the company. I’m waiting for big agencies to come for me.” Eunjung said, proudly.

The guys ignored her.

 


 

It was almost 8pm. The outdoor hall slowly crowded by the students. Seems like a lot of them were excited since the band that will perform that night consist of handsome guys.

“Are you ready?” Kyungsoo asked.

Seohyun nodded.

When the MCs introduced the band, everyone were clapping excitedly. With that, they started off the concert with Green Day’s Wake me Up When September Ends. Everyone was getting hyped.

Then after the song finished, they continued on Demi Lovato’s Heartbreak. This time, Seohyun was singing solo without the piano.

Everyone was very awed by how she managed to hit the high note.

Then, after they finished, the MCs came out again and played some games with the students.

While the band was taking rest, Seohyun and Kyungsoo practiced on their duet.

Then, Seohyun’s phone rang. A message came. When she opened it, it was a message from Luhan.

 

To : Seohyun

Hey! You sing well…. I didn’t know you sang well. Good luck!

From : Luhan^^

 

She smiled. She tried to look into the audience to find him, but he was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he’s somewhere at the back.

-Where are you?

-I’m at the back. Don’t mind looking for me. I’ll be watching until you finished.

She smiled again.

“Why are you smiling looking at your phone?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Oh nothing. Just a friend wishing me good luck.”

“Wow! Your friend is really good.”

“Yeah he sure is…” She murmured.

Then, the MCs signaled them to go on stage again.

 


 

“Okay, everyone. Next song will be a very peace song from me and Seohyun. We will be singing I Love You.”

Everyone clapped loudly.

Everyone was even clapping their hand to the music while smiling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IThWa36vXk (this is the song.. for those who doesn't know...)

 


 

After the concert ended, everyone was starting to leave.

Eunjung came to them.

“Hey, I’m always on if you guys want me to be your vocalist.”

“No thanks. Our new vocalist is getting the spotlight from the audiences.” Kyungsoo cheered.

Eunjung glared at Seohyun.

“Don’t think that you are above me.” She said and left.

 


 

After they sent the instruments back to the studio, Seohyun went back to the outdoor hall after receiving a message. Kyungsoo followed her quietly from behind.

She ran to the outdoor hall and someone was waiting for her at the stage.

She sat next to the person.

Kyungsoo hid behind the bush next to them.

“Hey… You did great just now!” The boy praised her.

That voice, why that is so familiar to me, Kyungsoo thought.

“You sang really well.”

“I didn’t. I was just starting to build up my confidence just now. Thanks to Kyungsoo.” She smiled.

“Kyungsoo… That guy beside you, huh?” He laughed.

“Yes. He’s really good to me, you know. She said I should be the pianist and the vocalist of the band group. You don’t know how happy I was when he said that.” She flattered.

Kyungsoo tried to look closely to the person beside Seohyun because he looks so familiar.

“You know… Kyungsoo is actually…” Luhan said.

“What?! Is that Luhan?” Kyungsoo closed his mouth.

He tried to look closely again and it turns out to be Luhan. So, the person that made Seohyun all giddy was Luhan.

“Not again….” Kyungsoo murmured. He can’t believe that the same thing will happen once again.