✽The End✽

✽Hidden Beauty✽

(Dasom)

I walked in school late at night, thinking no one was there. But of course, I was wrong. I saw Dongwoon in the garden, waiting with his eyes closed. I wondered what he was waiting for?

"Dongwoon?" I asked. He pulled me into a tight hug, saying, "Bora!"

But he pulled away realizing that it was me. That was what I hated. I used to be the Queen Bee of our school... But I was a kind Queen Bee. Now Bora had taken the spot of 'Most Beautiful Girl', and almost no one payed attention to me anymore. Especially not my crush.

"Oh... Dasom?" he said. I nodded. Dongwoon was so perfect... Yet he only cared for Bora.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded, but then walked past the football field, his eyes watering. I looked and saw two figures, kissing in the night. Without looking at their faces, I could tell who they were. There was only one girl who could make Dongwoon cry like that.

"I'm sorry..." I said, understanding. I gave him a hug, but he tried pulling away.

"I'm sorry Dasom... I'm not ready to love someone else right now..." he said.

"Are you sure?" I replied, leaning in on my tippie-toes to kiss him. His cheeks flushed and he twiddled his thumbs.

"Dasom..." he said, unsure.

"Please? I just want to help you get over Bora," I stated.

"Okay. Just help me be happy please..." he said, and I nodded. I gave him another light kiss and hugged him, this time, he didn't pull away.

"Thanks for helping me Dasom," Dongwoon said. I nodded again.

 

(Gikwang)

I paced nervously at the football field, waiting for Bora, but I knew she would never come. Why would she? I had bullied her and used her and made her boyfriend break up with her, so why would she come?

There would only be one reason why she would come. If she loved me. And she obviously didn't.

"Gikwang?" a voice said. I looked up... And saw a beautiful angel. She was gorgeous and I loved her with a ll of my heart. It was Bora. I touched my father's chain as I stared at her. My father was right. If I wanted, something, I had to go for it... And it would come to me.

"BORA!" I said, realizing the truth and hugging her. She looked up at me with those chocolatey brown eyes.

I couldn't help but feel tears run down my face. 

"Why did you come?" I asked her.

"It was because... Well... You sure have been a jerk to me... A really, really, REALLY big jerk. But you have also captured my heart. And I had to listen to it and come here," she responded. My eyes lit up and I cupped her face, kissing her. She was mine... Finally. After all these years of stupidity and pain, we were together.

[The next day]

"Dongwoon?" I called, seeing his tall figure approach me. To my surprise, he didn't look extremely upset.

"Listen Dongwoon... I know I've been a jerk. I'm sorry Dong... I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Really?" he said, uncertain. Almost no one had ever heard me apologize. 

"Yes. Thank you for..."

"Letting you have Bora?" he questioned. "It's alright. I've seen the way she smiles when she's with you. It's bright and true, and all I want is for her to be happy. Dasom is helping me get over Bora, and I'm sure she will turn you into a better person."

"Thanks bro. I owe you one," I said, fist bumping him. He just smiled and walked away.

I felt a little guilty... But I was exploding with gladness and joy. I ran to the bathroom and held onto my father's chain pendant. "I did it Dad... I did it. Are you proud of me?" I asked him up in Heaven. "I hope you are... Because you were right. Thank you father... Thank you. I love you."

 

(Author)

And Dongwoon was right. Bora changed Gikwang into a better person... A much better person. They were a great couple, and Gikwang became less selfish. Though Bora had never fulfilled getting her revenge, she fulfilled the mission of changing Gikwang and getting him to see inner beauty. 

"Gikwang?" she asked as they reached the top of a hill. He held her hand and said back, "What is it, beautiful?"

"What does 'Beauty' mean to you?" she asked.

"YOU are beauty. Everything about you. You're beautiful on the outside... But what you taught me is that what matters is what's in the inside. You're a righteous, kind, sweet, cool and great girl who I love. Everything about you is beautiful, Bora. Now... I can finally see Hidden Beauty. Thank you..." Gikwang said. "I love you."