07 Dust bunnies & Cobwebs

The Black Grape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol groaned, slightly feeling the rays of the morning light hitting his face. But he didn’t feel like waking up – not yet. He had a pretty good dream last night. He smiled to himself, feeling something warm beside him, whatever it was, it felt nice.

Hm? Chanyeol discreetly opened his eyes and met with a mass of black hair. He blinked and then realized that it was all real. Of course, it had to be considering that Kyungmi was lying beside him, her back facing him and her black hair greeting him so early in the morning. He gaped at the black mass of hair that smelled very good to be honest before sighing with a smile on his face.

“Good,” He grumbled, vaguely remembering that a pillow was supposedly between them but whatever, he was too sleepy to bother. So he closed his eyes again, ready to head back to sleep, except...

“Chanyeol! Get up!” His umma’s voice resonated, the sound of his door opening simultaneously coming up.

In an instant, Chanyeol shot up, eyes wide awake. “Umma..!”

“I’ve got some of your laundry here and--” Mrs. Park stopped, her eyes flashing to the sleeping figure beside Chanyeol.

“Ah.” Chanyeol choked.

Mrs. Park blinked, narrowing her eyes to see the sleeping figure beside her son. Then, almost as if it was fate, Kyungmi stretched a little and turned over to face the other side, giving Mrs. Park a good look at exactly who it was.

“U-Umma...” Chanyeol trembled as his mother grew pink.

“PARK CHAAAAAAANNNYYYEEOOOOLLL!!!!”

 

“Kyungmi,” Came a familiar voice in Kyungmi’s ear. It was soft and low, definitely not Jongdae’s or Yifan’s... why would they even bother waking her up?

“Mm...” Kyungmi shuffled in the bed as a response, huddling deeper into the covers, stretching and rubbing her cheek on the soft pillow.

There was a gentle chuckle that followed after a moment and a warm hand ran over her ebony hair. “It’s time to wake up, Kyungmi.”

Kyungmi’s mind was returning back to reality as she finally identified the soothing voice to be Chanyeol’s. Chanyeol... Yes, last night, she had run away from home and took refuge under the Parks’ roof, though Mr. and Mrs. Park have yet to find out about it. She had slept beside Chanyeol after breaking down like a baby in front of him (as much as she would like to forget that). She and Chayeol also shared a pretty decent kiss... a... kiss...

The instant Kyungmi’s mind paraded the memory of her first kiss with Chanyeol, she snapped her eyes open and shot up from the bed letting out a frantic scream, “AAAAAAAHH!!”

The motion caused Chanyeol to jerk back. He had been sitting on the bed, inches from Kyungmi. He laughed, “I didn’t know I would be that terrifying to wake up to.”

Kyungmi gulped, bewildered. “S-Sorry. I didn’t mean to. I just--” The image lingered on and she pushed it back to the darkest depths of her mind, “... No, never mind. I was just a bit surprised, that’s all.”

“A bit, huh?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow and laughed again, holding his stomach. “M-Mi! Your hair!”

“Huh?” Kyungmi blinked, bringing a hand up to the subject of Chanyeol’s hysterical laughter. She flushed, feeling the strands all over the place. “Ack!”

Chanyeol was back on the bed, rolling. “Your hair! Oh god! I’ve never seen it so bad like that before!”

“Shut up!” Kyungmi kicked him on the side, trying to push him off his own bed. “Shut up, Park Chanyeol!”

Of course, Chanyeol wouldn’t shut up just like that. The brunette continued to guffaw, rolling on the bed while holding his stomach. Kyungmi could feel her own ears and cheeks grow hot because as much as it was very embarrassing for her to wake up with very bad hair, somehow she didn’t mind it at all that Chanyeol saw it first thing in the morning. What she did mind was the fact that she really liked hearing Chanyeol laugh like this.

“Yah! Get off, will you?” Kyungmi pouted, pressing her hands on her hair to get it to behave.

Chanyeol got up, panting heavily. “Are you telling me to get off my own bed?” Kyungmi upturned her nose and looked away, fingers still trying to rid the tangles that were in her hair. Chanyeol shook his head, chuckling. “Well, anyway, get dressed. Breakfast’s ready.”

Chanyeol moved out of the way and Kyungmi had finally moved from the blankets and was getting ready to stand up when she remembered, “Ah, Chanyeol. I still have to talk with your parents...”

Chanyeol stopped on his way to the door and turned around, “Ah... Right...” He took a deep breath before shaking his head, “That’s not a problem anymore.”

“Huh?” Kyungmi tilted her head.

“Er... You see...” Chanyeol scratched the back of his head. “Earlier, umma kinda went in to bring in my laundry and saw you already. She sure exploded like a bomb, I’m surprised you didn’t wake up. Man, you sleep like the dead.”

Kyungmi blushed, “O-Oh...” Uh oh! She saw...?!

Chanyeol turned to face the door again, “Well, umma knows you’re here already so don’t worry about it. Appa kind of found out in the process anyway. Both of them were pretty tentative, but they consented since well... it’s you, and umma would have my and appa’s heads if we kicked you out.”

“Eh... Ah... Okay. Thanks...?” Kyungmi stammered, trying to understand the situation. So, Chanyeol’s umma had seen the two of them in bed together. Surely, a lot of questions sprung in her head that very moment. Kyungmi had to explain herself, not just for her sake but for Chanyeol’s as well. “So... um... what exactly happened... with your umma when she saw us?”

“...” Chanyeol gave a dry laugh. “Let’s... not talk about it, Mi.”

Kyungmi could sense his life drain out of his eyes. Whatever it was that his mother did, it must’ve been scary. She gave a dry smile back, “R-Right. Okay.”

“Well, come downstairs for breakfast when you’re ready. You know the way.” And the door was shut.

After changing to a comfortable sweater and a pair of jeans, Kyungmi went downstairs to join the Parks for breakfast. The moment Mrs. Park saw Kyungmi, she shone brighter than the sun and scurried over to give her a great big hug. Kyungmi felt embarrassed by it, though she sort of hugged her back, despite her arms being pinned to her body at the force Mrs. Park was exerting. She finally let go and smiled, which quickly vanished for a split second.

“Kyungmi, if you don’t mind me asking, you see... earlier this morning, I saw you and Chanyeol...” She paused, thought what she was going to say next thoroughly in her head before continuing, “Well, you know... Nothing... Nothing happened, right?”

“UMMA!” Chanyeol bellowed from the small kitchen, turning away while messing up his hair.

“YOU BE QUIET!” Mrs. Park bellowed back at her son. Chanyeol made a face, grumbling complaints under his breath.

“... Nothing happened, geez.”

“Chanyeol.”

“O-Oh,” Kyungmi cleared , looking at Mrs. Park’s wide eyes that were redirected to her from Chanyeol. “Nothing happened, Mrs. Park, really. I just... sort of walked out of the house last night and thought that I needed a different place to stay. Your home was the only one I could think of... and... Chanyeol was awake at the time... so...”

Mrs. Park softened her look and she nodded, “Oh, I see.”

“I told you!” Chanyeol closed the fridge with a bang.

“Well, you...!” Mrs. Park pointed a finger at him. “You’re a boy!”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!” Chanyeol gawked at her.

“Now, now, calm down.” Mr. Park intervened. “It doesn’t change the fact that we have a guest now.”

Mrs. Park’s ears perked up at the sound of guest and quickly returned to her usual, motherly state. “That’s right! Kyungmi will be staying over now. Still, coming over so late at night too – what if something happened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter