16 Return to Sender

The Black Grape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungmi cleared for a moment as she pulled away from the brief kiss she had given Chanyeol. He was staring at her as if he had just found out what she had done and she was sure about what she did, the real question now was... was she sure why she did it?

"Mi..." Chanyeol croaked, embarrassment flooding his voice as he stared at her. This prompted her to blush a little.

"I..." She spoke softly but for Chanyeol, it was as if nothing else mattered but her own voice. It was clear as day for him. Everything was focused on her. "I think I like you, Chanyeol."

The words rang repeatedly in his ears. Did he hear that right? Was Kyungmi sharing the same feelings as him? He couldn't believe it, and he wanted nothing more than to smile and pull Kyungmi to a very tight embrace, but he had to keep a straight face on and ask her again. Kyungmi was someone who would overthink things - and this wasn't an exemption.

"Mi," Chanyeol said, causing her to flinch. "What you just said..."

"I--" Kyungmi spluttered, embarrassed. Her cheeks staining crimson, like beetroot. Her eyes were shining nervously that Chanyeol had to control himself back again. "I just--"

"Calm down," Chanyeol smiled, hoping that it would relax the nervous Kyungmi, but it was probably doing the opposite. "What you just said... was it... true?"

Kyungmi bit her lip nervously. She looked up at Chanyeol who was looking back at her seriously. Her feelings just ran out of before she coould control them... but she was sure she wasn't lying. "Y-Yes."

"So," Chanyeol inched closer, eyes completely focused on the slightly parted lips before him, daintily garnished with what looked like rose-colored lip balm. Chanyeol's head swirled at the thought that when she last kissed him just a few moments ago, the scent of something rosy wafted by; now he was sure where it had come from. Still, he was somehow sane enough to ask, "You... You like me?"

Kyungmi looked right at his eyes, blinking. "I-I do."

"Is it..." Chanyeol whispered, his voice dropping a tone and it gave Kyungmi's skin a tingling feeling. Kyungmi felt her breathing change and she knew she was so close to Chanyeol because she can already smell the woody scent of the bookshop and it was making her dizzy. "Is it the same feeling as mine, Mi?"

Kyungmi gulped as she thought about it. It was a fluffly, warm feeling that made her smile nonstop if she let it take over her. It made her feel giddy and her stomach swirl crazily. It made her heart beat fast and her head sway. It was all too much. Was this the right feeling? It wasn't just nervousness right? Kyungmi looked back down at the ground, scared to stare at the amber eyes strongly looking back at her, the amber-brown eyes she loved very much. "I-I..." She choked.

Chanyeol's eyes widened, but somewhere deep in his chest, he was half-expecting that. His gaze softened once more. She's overthinking again. He mentally laughed at himself for raising his hopes way too quickly. Something like this needs time... He added, reaching out to push back a few of Kyungmi's hair back behind her ear. The action made her jump and her shining bronze-colored eyes turned back to him. His heart was quick to react and good lord, she's just so beautiful. His lips dried up quickly at the thought and he them swiftly.

"Mi..?" He said, hand hovering by Kyungmi's face, not really knowing what to do with it. Eventually, Chanyeol placed it gently onto her shoulder, not enough shock her.

"Ah," Kyungmi blinked and immediately placed a reassuring hand over Chanyeol's. The touch was enough and she felt her heart suddenly burst out the seams. "Yes, Chanyeol. Yes, I like you. I-I love you. I really do. I--"

"I get it." Chanyeol smiled again causing Kyungmi to hold her breath. "I get it and... damn." His smile was becoming more like a grin as the seconds passed. There was a sense of eagerness in his voice that wasn't hard to miss.

"Chanyeol..."

The said male moved his hand from her shoulder to her cheek, cupping it gently and he could feel the heat emanating from her skin and it took a lot of control on his part to not embrace her so suddenly. "This is fine, right?"

"Fine?" Kyungmi tilted her head, her cheek leaning more into the touch. "What are you saying?" She giggled and Chanyeol was surprised to hear her laugh. "We already kissed and you're asking me if this is fine?"

Chanyeol was taken aback but hid it quickly with a Chanyeol-like laugh. "I guess," He leaned closer, clicking his tongue and Kyungmi knew something was up. "So, since you mentioned it, can I do it again?"

"U-Uh..." Now it was Kyungmi's turn to be taken aback. She gulped and quickly - almost instinctively - felt her eyelids fall slowly. "I..."

Chanyeol smirked, his eyes falling to a close too. "You..?"

"I'd... like that." Kyungmi's reply was almost voiceless as her own eyes fell to a close. She mentally hit herself for being dragged into the situation easily but when Chanyeol was involved, she just couldn't help it. Her eyes were closed as she felt the gentle feel of his lips against hers. It's not their first kiss but it felt just as good.

The godforsaken rosy scent that he noticed earlier was back and he inhaled deeply, pressing his lips against hers, wrapping arms around her waist. He felt himself smile as Kyungmi's hands traced his arms before her warm hands rested onto his shoulders. He pressed once more and felt Kyungmi tilt her head slightly to the side and suddenly, the kiss took a whole new level - and Chanyeol had to somehow control himself further seeing as they were outside in the park.

Their lips pulled away, though only several inches apart. They stared straight into each other's eyes, noticing the other's shine and glimmer - hints of something more within each of them. Chanyeol made the first move to smile, leaning forward, stealing a chaste kiss onto her unsuspecting lips. Kyungmi's eyes widened at the surprise kiss. When he pulled away, her eyes were still as wide as ever.

"Didn't expect that, did you?" Chanyeol asked with a tinge of impudence.

Kyungmi blushed, covering her highly affected lips. "Not fair..."

Chanyeol laughed and Kyungmi felt herself smile. They stood close to each other for several minutes, the warmth of the other causing surprising shockwaves. Chanyeol put a tinge of pressure against her back and she found herself inching closer until she was completely in Chanyeol's embrace, her cheek against his chest. Kyungmi was sure she made the right choice - her heart was swelling so much just being in Chanyeol's arms that it was making her giddy all over.

Chanyeol's hands her back and she found herself loving the action immediately. He kissed the top of her head, nose pressed against her ebony hair, noting the soft scent of her shampoo. "Mi?"

"Hm?" Kyungmi hummed, eyes in a half-lidded state as she basked in the gentle warmth of being in someone's comforting arms.

"Can I ask?" Chanyeol whispered, his resonating, deep voice catching her complete attention. "Um... What are we exactly now?"

Kyungmi looked up and was met with an innocent curiosity within Chanyeol's gaze. He raised a hand, brushing her cheek softly with his thumb and at once, Kyungmi was sure that Chanyeol's gaze wasn't just focused on her face - the thought made her blush a little. Being too observant can be troublesome too. "What do you think, Park Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol's cheeks turned red a little. "I was hoping you'd tell me, Mae Kyungmi."

Kyungmi giggled, "Wouldn't you think we're in a relationship now?"

Chanyeol stared at her out of pure amazement. His angelic smile turned to a cheeky grin. Suddenly, he hoisted her up and Kyungmi nearly jumped out of her skin, immediately taking hold of his shoulders as he spun her around with him.

"Chanyeol!" She screamed despite chuckling along the childish moves the brunette was suddenly displaying. The spinning finally stopped and she found herself still up in the air, supported by Chanyeol's arms and as he slowly put her down, couldn't stop a blush from creeping up her cheeks as he nuzzled his nose against hers. She giggled at the action once more, completely embarrassed.

"I love you." He whispered so suddenly that Kyungmi pressed her hands firmer onto his shoulders in response, her eyes looking straight into his. "I've always wanted this, Mi. You have no idea."

Kyungmi smiled, cupping both of his cheeks. "I think I have a pretty good idea now." She said, giving him another hug.

"I can live with that." He said, exhaling warmly against her shoulder.

Kyungmi pulled back, fixing her hair a little for lack of anything better to do. There was a moment of silence, followed by a shy exchange of laughter. "W-Well, I think I'll head back home then."

"Right," Chanyeol sighed, "I guess you should." He took hold of her hand, "It's... good to see you again."

Kyungmi blushed. "Mm..." She held onto the hand. "It's good to see you too."

They let go moments later and Kyungmi turned around to leave the park.

"Hey, Mi!" Chanyeol called out when Kyungmi was by the gate. Kyungmi turned around and Chanyeol let out a big smile. "I love you! Remember that!"

Kyungmi flourished and saw a few passers-by giggling at their little teenage romance. She looked back at him with a shy smile, waving her hand. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter