The Green Moon

Emerald

"You lose. Young warrior. You cannot save her now." The voice laughed evilly.

Jaehee had fainted as she opened the book even though I warned her not to. I sighed and shook my head. I need to think fast, soon she'll be brought somewhere. I have to bring her to another place and get back. As I thought for half a minute, an idea finally hit me.

"Oh, but you're mistaken. I can save her. You see, you will never get your hands on her. Not even when she dies. As long as I'm around." I smirked and ran to her side.

"Ah, but young warrior. She will soon be brought to my mansion," The voice laughed again with so much confidence, "And since you're the useless one, you can't do anything."

I laughed sarcastically, "Yeah, you're dumb."

"What did you say about me?! How dare you speak to me like that?!" The voice boomed with anger.

"Even though I'm useless when it comes to fighting," Grabbing the book and picking up Jaehee from the floor, I continued on, "I do know one thing. I know how important she is and how this book works."

The voice spits out incoherent words with so much anger, cursing like no time. I'd tell you what the voice swore but I won't. Even if you guys beg, I just can't. It's too bad for you to know those words because it would ruin your innocence, like it did to mine.

I looked at Jaehee one last time and bid the voice farewell, "Goodbye, so-call king. I'm taking her with me."

Closing my eyes, the book on my hand, I opened the book and said the magic words.

"Open, the book to the Emerald world."

It's risky but it's the only way. I just hope nothing wrong going to happen.

☆彡☆ミ☆彡☆ミ☆彡☆ミ☆

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around.

Where am I?

I tried to stand up only to fall back down. There's a rushing pain in my head. I tried to get rid of it by squeezing my eyes closed tightly. It worked but it still hurts.

I groaned as I open my left eye and the memory from before slowly comes back.

"Did... I woke up to nothing, again?" I questioned wondering if I'm awake or dreaming.

All I remember was I followed a butterfly to an abandoned class. Though when I opened the door, it was the room from my dreams. A voice told me to open the book and so I did. No. It was not me. It was my body, possessed by something. I had to do it. I remembered someone shouting before I passed out and now, I'm here.

The room I am in now is not white like before but it had changed to black. With little light source from outside, I could only outline the things around me. A few tables at the back end of the room. Chairs scattered around me. Brooms and mops at the corner back of the room. A blackboard in front of the room and a door to its left. Was this the abandoned class they talk about? It does look like a classroom but how did I even get here? Did I woke up after I passed out and it's all just a dream?

I stood up and made a face at how messed up my clothes looks like. There was dirt all over my skirt and shirt, my tie is crooked to the right and my hair looks like a nest for the birds. I looked like someone who haven't showered in a thousand years.

I laughed, "I guess Youngjae will be right this time. I am going to shower for a thousand years."

I fix my clothes as I walk towards the door. Turning the door handle, I pushed the door open. I expected to see the parking lot of my school but what I saw surprises me even more.

"I'm in a... forest?" I asked to no one in particular.

I spin around a dozen times to make sure what I'm seeing is really what I'm seeing. I pinched myself on the arm wondering if this is all real.

It hurts.

Why? How? Where? What?

There are so many questions in my head right now that I don't even make sense anymore.

"Who are you?"

I heard a voice coming from behind the trees.

A figure walks out, revealing himself to me.

"Huh?"

"Who are you?" He asked again in the same tone.

"Jae.. Hee?" I answered uncertain whether to tell my real name or not.

He stared at me. His piercing eyes scared me but I stand tall. I can't read the expression on his face. He finally opened his mouth after five seconds or so and simply said.

"Full name."

"Yoo Jae Hee.."

I stared at him, taking in and memorizing how he looks.

He is wearing a white collared-shirt under a shimmering blue jacket. A necklace that have a bunch of tiny pointed cone shaped metal. I noticed that his skin looks softer than a baby's bottom and the front part of his hair is combed to the left side and is dark brown in colour. People must have been mistaking it as black under this moonlight. His expression never changed after he asks me for my name. His light pink coloured lips in a thin line, his dark black eyes staring into my soul.

He shifts his head to the right slightly, eyes looking down to the ground. He pauses slightly as if he just heard something.

He looks up and turns his face to me, "You shouldn't be here."

It took me a moment to understand what he just said, "Why?"

Ignoring my question, he turns around and heads back to where he came from.

I wanted to shout out wait, wanted to ask him more, wanted to-

"JAEHEE!!"

I suddenly heard my name being shouted by someone else. What's up with people shouting out my name today? Turning around, I saw the guy with orange streaks coming up my way.

Hands on his knees, panting for air as he finally arrives in front of me. While waiting for him to catch his breath, I inspected him from head to toe. I stop from my inspection and look back on what he's holding. I looked at him with wide eyes when I saw what was in his hand.

"Th-that book!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, this? Yeah, something important. I'll tell you later." He said and shrugged as if it was nothing.

I stared at him before asking him another question, "How did you know my name?"

His smile wavers and started to panic, "I- Uhm, got it from someone?"

"Sure," I slurred it out and raised my eyebrow, "So, who did you got it from?"

"Uhhhhh, just.. someone." He avoided my eyes.

He's cute. That's a fact. Though, I don't trust him yet.

"Right. I'll buy that for now," I changed the topic, "So, where am I?"

"In another world." He said in a serious tone.

I was shocked. No. I was more than shocked.

"You're joking... right?"

"Did you see the moon yet?"

I wondered why he asked me that question. Of course I've seen the moon before. I looked at him as if he's dumb and looked up. My eyes widen even more when I saw it. The moon is not shining in its usual colour. A green... moon. But how?

"I know you have a lot of more questions to ask right now but we need to go." He said and grabbed my hand, running through the forest with me. To where, I don't even know.

"Wait."

He stops, turned around, wondering why I asked him to stop.

"What's your name?" I looked at him in the eyes.

He lets go of my hand, puts his arm to his side. Like a soldier, he salutes and looks down at me. A bright smile forming on his face as he introduce himself.

"My name is Choi Jun Hong, but you can call me Zelo. I am the young warrior!"


・゚:*✧・゚: \(◕‿◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧  [ A U T H O U R ' S   N O T E ]  ✧・゚:*✧・゚: \(✿◕‿◕)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

okay, so hey. have you guys been waiting long? (as if there's even anyone who reads this /cries in the corner/)

okay no. sorry for the late update, i've been lazy and just don't bother to update but hey!

i'm back. i'll be updating the fifth chapter right after this so scream all you want.

yes, the guy with the orange streaks is zelo. here's a pic of how he looks in this story.

(ノ´ ▽ `)ノ ︵