Callophrys Rubi

Emerald

I cover up my eyes to shield away the bright light. I squint as I tried to adjust my eyes to the brightness. I already know where I am. It's like a usual thing for me. Not a routine, but more like something that always happens. On this certain night. A night when the moon is full.

Dropping down the hand that I used to cover my eyes, I looked around the room. It was still the same, always been. Never changes. Four walls surrounding me, a ceiling above and a floor below. Nothing can be heard. If you ask me how I got inside, well to be honest, I have no idea. In the center of the room, is a table and a book.

Nothing's changed since my last dream. I sighed and stood up from my position, brushing the dusts off my jeans. Well, there are no dusts in this room but it was just a habit of mine. I walked slowly to the table. My sneakers squeak with each step I take but never did it leave a mark on the floor. I stopped in front of it, in front of the book and stared.

A book with no title. A book with no author. A book that only had a cover. A cover coloured in green, emerald green. I picked up the book and sighed once again, knowing full well what will happen after this. I turned the book around and examined it. It was thick but not too thick. I wonder how many pages are there in this book and what kind of was it.

"Open me."

The book seems to whisper in the silence of the room.

"Read me."

Taunting me to explore its pages and get immersed in it.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I hope for one thing. One thing only. No, not One Direction's One Thing. One thing I hoped for every time this happens. I whispered to myself and to whatever that is controlling this.

"Please, let me see what's inside the book." I said and slowly opened up the book.

I opened my eyes and saw the walls and ceiling disappeared along with the floor.

My stomach churned as I look at what's happening.

Then the table vanished.

I held onto the book tightly as I could but the book slowly turned to butterflies in different shade of green and flew away into the darkness.

I jumped as high as I could, trying to capture one of the butterflies but I only fell into the pit of darkness. The butterflies flying further away from me.

Suddenly, I heard a sound.

I heard a knock, followed by another.

"Dear, wake up. It's time to go to school." I heard my mum's voice from outside my room.

I lazily opened my eyes still half-asleep and yawned, "Yeah, mum."

"Go shower fast. I'll make you breakfast," She ordered as her footsteps slowly fades away telling me she's going downstairs.

I sighed as I remembered my dream. How many times have I dreamed the same dream? But... the book never changed its appearance to anything else before and I usually wake up the moment I open my eyes so... why is it different this time? Why butterflies?

I sat up on my bed, rubbing my eyes from the sleep and glanced at the clock, 7:05 AM. Great, I'm going to be late for school. I stood up and went to my stidy desk and saw something.

A note?

I don't remember writing anything last night? I picked it up realizing that the texture is softer than a paper.

'Follow the Callophrys Rubi'

"What in the world is a Callophrys Rubi? Did my sister left this? Eh, whatever. I'll search it up later." I shrugged and put the note down back on the table, heading to the bathroom for a shower.

☆彡☆ミ☆彡☆ミ☆彡☆ミ☆

With the towel wrapped around her body, she walks out of the bathroom while drying her hair with another towel. She laughed as she looks at the face in front of her.

"Why so grumpy early in the morning?" She giggled.

"Oh, I don't know... maybe because my little sister takes a thousand or so years to just shower for school?" Her brother, Youngjae, said with an irritated look.

She stopped laughing, "You know, you should be grateful that I only took half an hour to shower. Most girls other than me can take up to a whole hour or even more!"

"Yeah, yeah. You say that every time," He rolled his eyes, "Well, it's tiring to wait outside the bathroom door okay? Just, speed it up next time."

She pats Youngjae on the shoulder as she walks past him yawning out a 'yeah'.

"So annoying," he muttered, closing the bathroom door.

"I HEARD THAT!" She shouted at him and shut her own door.

She dressed up for school and picked up her bag on the chair near her study desk, checking it first if everything is in it.

"Books? Check. Files? Check. Pencil case? Uhhhhh, Check. Notepad? Check-a-roo...ster by the tail!" She giggled at her own joke, "Ha... rooster!"

"Shut up! You're not funny!" She heard her brother's voice from outside passing her room.

"Jealous!" She shouted back.

Now that she's got everything, it's time to go to school! Yea.