An Unexpected Visitor

Emerald

Driving down the road, jaehee saw the school up ahead. Dropping her off to school, her mom stopped her from going out.

"Wait, what time are you coming back from school?" Her mom asked.

She sighed at the obvious question, "The usual mom. Now, if youll exucse me."

As the last word came out of , she pushes open the car door and step out. Waving her mom drives off, she walks to the school gate. She puts her headphones on and hummed to the song she's listening. The Game of Life.

☆彡☆ミ☆彡☆ミ☆彡☆ミ☆

Listening to The Game of Life, I entered the school zone and sang along with the song. I swear the song is really good. Even though it's in Japanese and I can't even understand half the word they are saying, the beat is really catchy and I just, I jsut love it. Suddenly, I heard my name being called from a distance.

"jaehee"

I stopped and looked up but no one was looking at me. I shrugged it off thinking that maybe it's just someone else's name.

"jaehee!"

I heard it again but I can;t see anyone that I kno-

"JAEHEE!!!!!" Someone shouted as she hugged me from behing making me lose my balance but not to the point that I'll fall.

The person released me from the hug and walked into my eye-sight.

"Jaehee! I called you five times already, why didn't you answer me!" She said with a fake angry tone.

Slinging my school bag over my shoulder and putting my headphones around my back, I stared at her.

"Well?" She asked, waiting for my response.

I tried giving her my death-stare but ended up laughing, "Shijae! You should know that you can't call me when I'm wearing my heaphones."

Shijae is my best friend. I've known her for a long time and we got closer as we enter high school. She's really fun to be with and likes to joke around but when she's in a bad mood, you run.

"Oh! What are you listening to?" She jumped, landing beside me and snatched my phone, "Hatsune Miku? Dude. Why do you like listening to some Japanese music when you're Korean?"

Here we go again. She has been asking me that question ever since I found JPOP and I tried reasoning with her but she just doesn't understand. It's weird to her just because she loves listening to KPOP.

I opened my mouth ready to argue but gave up halfway and closed my mouth. Turning around, I continued walking to school, ignoring her cries. I heard her fast foorsteps closing in and stopped as she walks beside me. Linking her arm around mine, she huffed.

"Alright, fine! I get it! You love the beat and music but I mean, come on! You should try listening to KPOP too!" She said, shoving my phone back into my hand and pulled out her own, "Here! I really, really love them! They are called INFINITE!"

I glanced at her phone and laughed, "Are they really that good?"

"Well, yeah! If they're not, why would I like them?! Oh!" She exclaimed, swiping her thumb across the screen, showing me a new picture, "I think you'll like them! They're B.A.P! There's one guy who looks exactly like your brother!"

I smiled as I listen to her go on and on about how much she loves KPOP and how sasaeng fans piss her off. I looked to my side when I saw a guy that seems lost. He appears to be searching through the bushes and all. Whoa, wait. He's going to run into that-!

☆彡☆ミ☆彡☆ミ☆彡☆ミ☆

"Hey! Look out!" She warned at the guy who looked lost, but it was too late.

C~L~A~N~G

The guy had hit his head straight to a pole and fell to the ground. He's not unconscious but dizzy. Everything was spinning around him that he swore he saw birds flying right above his head. He heard rushed footsteps going towards him. Then he felt a hand on his back, sitting him up and a hand on his knee.

"Hey! Are you all right?" She asked, worry in her voice. She touches his head, making sure there's no blood coming out.

He looked up at her and blinked.

"A-are you hurt? Can you stand up?" She asked once again, putting his arm around her shoulder trying to pull him up.

He lets go of and stood up so fast that he almost topple over, again. "I- N-no! I'm fine! Thank you!"

"Are you sure?" She looked up at him.

"POSITIVE!" He smiled brightly trying to convince her. He looked around, "."

She turned trying to see what made him swore.

"No!" He shouted at her, making her attention back to him. He laughed and smiled, "I-I've got to get going! BYE!"

He waved her off and runs into the school in a panic way. She stood up, brushing off the dusts on her skirt ready to leave. That is when she saw something on the ground. Raising one of her eyebrow as she picks it up and read it.

'You've got a day to find it, and catch it.'

She puts the note inside her pocket and mentally reminds herself to give it back to the guy.

"Hey! Jaehee! What are you doing there?" Shijae hollered at her from the place they both were standing before.

Jaehee walks back to her friend and answered, "There's that guy who hit his head to a pole..."

"What guy?" Her friend asked, tilting her head.

"He just ran off-" She started to explain but was cut off by the school bell.

Grabbing Jaehee's hand, Shijae runs inside the school yelling that they're going to be late for class.