Chapter06

♦ When The Past and Present Collapsed ♦
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
meetingaubrey "Why, are you jealous?"  "Pfft, you wish!"

She carefully looks around before stepping in inside the store, there was a lady on the cashier desk, she covered her face while reading a magazine and nomming her cashew snack. Before the girl saying anything, the lady said, "Can't you see the sign? We're Closed." she said.

The younger calmly respond, "I'm sorry, Mam, but the sign on the door stil "Yes, We are open!" So, I.. hhm" she feels awkward by herself. "Anyway, Is Dony here?" 

Hearing Dony named mentioned, she put down her magazine while stil eating the cashew. "And you are...?" she asked, raising one of her eyebrows. 

"I'm Aubrey, Dony's friend"

"Really? I've never heard your names being mentioned by him" 

"Well, hhm I.. We just met, and I'm here to return his belonging"

"You guys just met, yet you have his belonging" she crossed her arms.

"If he's not here, then I'll just leave this here" she said as he put Dony's wallet on the desk. 

The lady blink couple of times, the girl in front of her looks exactly the same like the one on the magazine cover she just read. 

 

 

 

"Sorry for bothering you, Mam, I shall take my leave now" 

Even the lady is not sure yet that it was her on the cover, she decided to changed her attitude. "Umm, wait, did you said you're Dony's friend? I'm sorry for being rude, and since he'll be here soon, would you like some tea?"

Two of them ended up sitting on the backyard while enjoying their tea, the older woman even share her cashew to Kiko, she even also prepared some cheese crackers, which is belong to Dony, that he hide under the cashier desk. 

"So you're Dony's Mom? I'm sorry i didn't noticed that Mrs.Kwon" she said, blushing from the embarrasement.

"Aigoo I'm the one that is very sorry, today I worked alone, because my older son is running away to Busan, while the maknae doing the delivery all over the town today. Maybe I'm too old and that's makes me got annoyed easily"

"Mrs.Kwon, trust me, you don't look old at all!" 

"Please, just call me, Mama Kwon, if you like? Besides you're Dony's friend! All his friend calling me like that!"

Kiko curved a small smile as she nodded her head then sipping her tea, "Oh and tell me again, how Dony's wallet is with you?" she asked. Kiko almost choked hearing the question, Dony's Mom helping her by giving her tissues and wiping the corner of . 

She shakes her head and laughed, "Was the answer, is exactly what like i think it is?" she teased Kiko who is now flustered, her cheeks are reddened.

"I.. no, Hmm.." 

"So that's why he didn't come home last night" she said again, making Kiko having a cold sweats. 

Before she teased Kiko any further, she was saved by the familiar voice.  Dony just arrived at the store and calling his Mom, "Ma! Did you eat my cheese crackers?! Ma, i told you do not touch the---" Dony stopped his nag when he found his Mom and Kiko was at the backyard. 

"Oh, look, who's finally here!" His Mom welcoming him, but Dony was just stood there, frozen. Kiko smile as soon as she saw him, "Dony, Kiko's here!" his Mom said as she went to him and bringing him to the table. 

Kiko stood up and give a welcoming smile to Dony, "Kiko, who?" Dony was confused as he stare at her, "Aubrey?" he asked. 

"Well, Kiko is sort of my work name, but my close one usually call me Aubrey" she answered.

"Okay, since Dony is here, I'll leave you two. Remember kids, don't do anything weird and locked the store after! I got a meeting to do!" Dony's Mom said as she start getting busy with her phone, she gives a quick peck on Dony's and Kiko's cheek. 

After his Mom leaving, Dony sit and smile at her. "So, hhm Aubrey, why are you here? You could just call me, you know" he said.

"How could i call you, if you didn't leave your phone number?" she said, looking him with a very judging expression. 

"Ahh.. I, I'm sorry, I was in a hurry!" he said, rubbing his nape. 

"It's okay, I'm here right!" 

He chuckled and nodded, "So what's up?"

"You left your wallet.."

"Honestly i thought i leave it at the store, that's why I'm not worried at all" 

"You such an idiot, you know that!" 

"I knew it from a long time ago" 

Kiko rolled her eyes, "Anyway I'm sorry, I didn't know that your Mom is..."

"Shush!" he stopped her, "Don't talk about her, please. She's quite burdening isn't she?" he joked, Kiko slightly sighed and nodded her head. "Ya! I'll tell her about this!" He , Kiko flicked her tongue before kicking his legs. "Ok ok, I'm joking!"

Since Kiko was already there, Dony promised to treat Kiko a dinner, she's not only waited him to clean up the store but she was also helping him.

"Aubrey, i hope you're not expecting me to treat you some fancy food ok. There's a huge chance we gonna ended up near hangang river, eating on the cheap food stall while watching a group of dude playing basketball" Dony said as he locked the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter