Finding them.

A Tail of Two Turns

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

My plan was working perfectly. For years I’ve lied to Kris, saying the Kronik and Sly had moved, had changed their plans, had left. Though everyone except he new otherwise, no one said a word. Finally, Kris began to believe me, sending Xiumin out to the streets again to deal, sending Kai to the café, sending me out to kill.

I wasn’t shocked when I spotted the boy out of the corner of my eyes watching me drag the body. I wasn’t surprised at all. I knew the girls were here and watching, I had seen Sly and Kronik both leave and come back countless numbers of times before I began to go out again. I wanted to run into them, but I knew the time wasn’t right. I had to wait a little longer.

Sehun had caught a glimpse into their computers before he was shut out and told me immediately. Even since we came back, everyone came to me before Kris. I had the upper hand now, not him. Though he didn’t notice. Sehun had told me he made it obvious he was there, just like I told him. He used the hacker name Oh Sehun. How much more obvious could he get other than HEY KRONIK AND SLY LOOK AT ME SEHUN! But that’s a little long for a hacker name; at least that’s what I told him.

“D.O,” I came back to my senses when Kai had said my name. I turned and faced him with a soft smile, though it was one he didn’t return. He wasn’t happy, though he never was sad. He was pissed. He refuses to believe that Kronik and Sly wanted us to stay with them. He believes it was their entire plan, to toy with us, and then leave. Just like everyone else in his life had, though only I know that part. “Why are we bothering to get back to them?” It wasn’t the first time I had heard this question. “Why do you still think she cares?”

“You may not want to see them again, but I do, Jongin. And I will,” I say, dismissing the subject for the hundredth time. “I want to see Haruka-“

“Kronik.”

“Whatever,” I snap. “Her name is Haruka, Jongin. Didn’t you like when someone besides me called you by your name?”

At that, he goes silent, not even bothering to lie. Everyone by now knows he loved Sly, even Kris, though no one dares mention that. Lately, I’ve begun to wonder if its really true. “Kai, if you don’t want to see them, you don’t have to help me. It’s your own choice, nothing less. No one will force you.”

Instead of replying now, he turns and walks away, not even bothering to answer me. I simply sigh, not understanding anymore who I was always so close to. “That kid…” I whisper, turning back to the file Sehun had sent me. Forty-eight pages on Kronik he had found. Everything anyone knew about her, though most of it was repetitive.

-She’s a criminal. “Everyone knows this.”

-No family ties. “Do anyone of us really have some?”

-No location. “I know where she is.”

-No friends. “Well there’s Sly.”

-Nothing valid. “That’s what I thought.”

And then again, I feel in the dark. Three years since I could hold her close to me. Three years since I could speak to her. Three years since I’ve reminded her that I love her. Three years to long for me to wait any more.

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

Every night I’ve read her letter before I fall asleep. I’m not helping for Kyungsoo sake, but my own. I can’t say I love her like he does, but I can say I’m attached. Though I never new her long, she gave of that vibe a little sister does, or a baby. Something you want to protect with your own life. I can honestly say I miss her, though I think we all can. When you live your life without someone to protect other than a bunch of guys, the fresh change of a girl is amazing.

I don’t think I’ll even fully understand what is running through Kyungsoo’s mind. I want to believe that we can see her again, but Kris will never allow it, and I will never allow Kyungsoo to be the only one with that lucky shot. I don’t understand what is wrong with Kai either, though I don’t think any of us do. He was happy, a bit cold, but happy before we went with the girls, then even happier while we were there, unless you insulted Sly. Though once we left, it seemed as if his world had ended. He was suddenly twice as cold as before, harsher, meaner. He never seems happy unless we are insulting Sly. I truly don’t understand.

Then there’s Luhan. He goes to the cars like always, though he never gets in. Whenever they buy him, he suddenly finds a reason to turn them down. She was too straight forward, seemed to clingy, their car smelled bad. Any little thing. I remember asking him once if he had lost his touch, but he just laughed and shook his head, telling me they just weren’t the right buyer. I didn’t think there ever was ‘a right buyer.’ There was always just a buyer.

Another thing I don’t get is the two guys who are scooping around here. One of them has jet-black hair with a blonde piece, like Kronik. He also has her eyes, yet the other resembles more of Sly. Red hair that never seemed to really get brushed, piercing green eyes and freckles. That one always had a hood on and looked like he was on something. Come to think of it, he probably was.