Target aquired.

A Tail of Two Turns

Mangum’s POV

 

I sat against the curb, staring up at the building in front of me as Roach sat down on my side. This was the building they were supposedly in now, and so far, I’m believing it. I can see someone in one of the windows looking down at s with a lighter in his hand. He keeps flicking it on and off, as if either of us are threatened.

“Dude,” Roach says, elbowing my side. “I think we’re being watched,” he finishes, nodding up to the boy in the window.

I smirk and nod my head. “Good, let them now were still here. You got the stuff?”

“Yeah.”

“Good.”

Taking the gallon of gas, I begin to spell out the words needed to be said. The message the girls wanted delivered. As I finish, Roach lights it up, watching to set fire before we both take off towards the hideout.

 

WE’RE STILL HERE!

                                    ~K&S

 

No one’s POV

 

Luhan sat up in his room, playing with the rubix cube he had solved and unsolved about ten times now. Solving it once more, he set it on his bedside table and sat up with a sigh. No for the past three and a half years. He just couldn’t bring himself to sleep with the people who had pulled up in the cars when he stood by the corner in a bit to revealing of clothing. Kris was getting pissed with the lack of money he was bringing in, and he had another run out with Chanyeol in around five minutes. Kris had told him that if he didn’t make money tonight, he’d have to find some other line of work since this wasn’t cutting it. But Luhan loved his line of work; he always had, since it was simple. He didn’t usually have to do anything.

“Luhan, let’s go,” Chanyeol called from the other side of the door. Chanyeol usually would just wait for him down stairs, but Kris has been tighter on their safety because of the two guys message earlier today.

“Coming!” He called, hoping down from his bed and ping his jacket to his belly button. He walked out the room only to find Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun all standing there looking at him. “What are you two doing here?”

“Kris wants more people to go, just in case,” Baekhyun explains, leaning against the wall and watching Luhan’s moves closely. He’s been very sketchy of everything lately, must no something Luhan doesn’t.

Luhan simply nods though and follows Chanyeol down the stairs and towards the exit.

 

Luhan’s POV

 

Ten minutes after I hit the corner, someone pulls their car up to me. A nice car too, red Ferrari. I walk over to their window as they roll it down and look at me with sunglasses covering their eyes. It’s a girl with fierce red hair and light pink lips, though her smile sparks a memory in me that I can’t help but smile at her.

“How much are you going to pay?” I ask, not felling in a cheap mood tonight.

Then, the girl takes off her sunglasses and smirks at me, causing me to step away a bit to quickly. “Can’t an old friend have a discount?” Sly asks me.

I stare at her, not sure what to do. Should I call over Chanyeol? Should I take her offer and get in the car? Without thinking, I take a step back, causing her to pout and pull up her glasses. “Your loss, sunshine!” she shouts before speeding off.

As I stare shocked at the car driving away, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun come up obviously flaming. “What was wrong with that one, Luhan?!” Chanyeol shouts.

“Sly…” I whisper and they all stare at me.

“What are you talking about?” Baekhyun asks where as Kyungsoo stays silent.

I turn my gaze to him, and suddenly, his attitude causes my anger to boil. “I’M TALKING ABOUT THAT WAS ING SLY GOD DAMN IT!” I scream, shoving his chest. “THAT WAS ING SLY AND NOW SHE’S GONE! THAT WAS ING SLY!”

They all stare at me a while before Kyungsoo pats my shoulder. “We get it. What did she tell you?” he asks, taking a leaderly role once again.

“She… she asked me if an old friend can get a discount…” I tell him, staring at his face. “What if she comes back? What do I do?”

“You won’t be here when she does,” Chanyeol says with his arms crossed. “We’re going back. This is getting to dangerous.”

As we all climb into Chanyeol’s car, the atmosphere is cold and quiet. “Why did she pick me?” I ask no one in particular.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asks.

“I mean why did she come to where I was? Why not Kai, or Chen or something? Why not Ka?”

“Kai wouldn’t have reacted like you did,” Kyungsoo says over his shoulder. “Kai would’ve tried to hurt her, most likely. She’s ignorant, but not stupid.”

“Besides,” Chanyeol says from the drivers seat. “Don’t you remember what she told you before? You’re the weak link.”

She simply stares back at me, her face showing no emotion. “They were going to kill you,” she says again, slower this time as if I didn’t understand before. “They were going to hurt you, baobei.”

“But I doubt they will now!” I reply, my face turning a little pink at her new nickname for me. I reach out and place my hands on her shoulders, looking down at her slightly. “They’re afraid now!”

Sly simply smiles, a genuine smile that I don’t think I’ve seen before. “How did you make it this far in this business, Luhan? How are you still alive? You’re putting hope where it doesn’t belong. Hope doesn’t exist anymore.”

I shiver at the memory.

“Besides,” Chanyeol says again. “She liked to with you, remember? She probably still.”

“And you were also her favorite,” Baekhyun adds as we pull up into our hideout. “Except for Kai of course.”