Mysteries of a Bacon boy.

A Tail of Two Turns

 

Sly’s POV

 

I drove my car down the street I always take, looking on the corners for Luhan, though I don’t see him. Though I do see Baekhyun standing in an alleyway watching the people walking around. Silly little robber.

I park my car on the curb and watch him a moment, watch him leaning against the wall, adjusting his gun every now and then. I debate going over to him, though in the end, I decide against it. He doesn’t seem to be to pleased with me right now, or any of us.

I watch him a while longer, and then he looks straight at me. He must recognize me, because for a moment, he looks shocked, though in the neck second he’s crossing the street and coming towards me. Some thing tells me to grab the gun in the back seat, though I don’t move.

He’s suddenly here, tapping on my window with his knuckles. He doesn’t look threatening anymore; he looks like the cute Baekhyun boy I remember. I shake my head and he smiles softly, taping the window again and nodding his head.

I slowly roll down the window and he lends his head in, smiling softly at me. “Sly, what are you doing here?” he asks. He smiles again and I feel a bit better than I had before, his smile just does that to people. “If Kris catches you around here he’s going to kill you without a second thought.”

“You’re being nice to me?” I find myself asking, causing his o laugh softly.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” he asks, though when I just stare at him he sighs. “I was in on Kyungsoo’s plan to go back starting about a year ago,” he begins to explain. “Then Kris was being an about everything, telling s that if we wanted food or cash we had to find somewhere to get it our selves. I was complaining to Kyungsoo when he told me about the plan. I continued to be a so Kris wouldn’t expect anything.”

I nod my head in understanding and look around, only to have him touch my chin and pull me to face him again. “I wasn’t done,” he says, his face only millimeters from mine. “How could I decline a chance to see you again anyway?” He pauses a moment before laughing softly and letting me go. “Okay, I’m done now.”

I laugh softly and shake my head at him and he chuckles. “Alright, if you’re out on the streets, everyone else must be too, huh?” I ask him and he nods. “Kai at his café?” I ask him, looking away.

He nods his head slowly and stands up straight, looking around slowly. “You want to go talk to him?” He asks, and this time it’s my turn to nod. “Alright then, unlock your doors.”

I look at him confused a moment, but do it anyway. He smirks and climbs into my car, crawling up from the back into the passenger seat. “Last time you had a Ferrari, what happened?” he asks with a laugh.

“Black is sleek,” I reply with a smirk. “You’re coming with me?”

“Someone has to make sure Kai doesn’t attack you, and keep him quiet after you leave. Can’t have him dragging you out to Kris, can we? It’ll ruin Chanyeol and my escape plan!”

I laugh softly at his words and speed off down the street, towards Kai’s café. I have to say, it feels nice to know that Baekhyun is on my side here, though I’m still not sure if I can trust him.

“Park in that alley, I’ll bring Kai out here so there’s no scene,” he says with a soft smile.

I nod my head and do as he says again, watching as he climbs out the car and turns the corner. I quickly climb out the door and climb up the fires escape, where I can see them before they will see me.

Not five minutes pass before Kai comes out, bouncing around like an idiot. “Hey…” he says turning back to Baekhyun with a disappointed look. “You said there was an ice cream truck!”

I hold in my laughing and hop down, causing Kai to turn back to me and his disappointment is replaced by anger.

“YOU!” Kai growls, reaching out to me only to have Baekhyun grab him from behind and hold him still.

“Just listen to her Kai…” Baekhyun growls in his ear. Whelp, scary Baekhyun’s back.

Kai glares at me and says nothing, so I take a step forward. “Why are you so pissy now?” I ask, returning his glare. “To Exo, to me, to Kyungsoo?! That’s your best friend!”

“Why do you care?!” he snaps back and it hits me like a shot to the heart.

“Because I care about you,” I say slowly as if he won’t understand other wise.

“Care about me?! You gave me up!” he snaps.

“I gave you up?” I ask before I walk straight up to him and slap his clean across the cheek, leaving hem both shocked. “I GAVE YOU UP?! THAT’S WHAT YO UING THINK?! ARE YOU STUPID? I loved you, Jongin. I cried for you! But I bet you didn’t think about that, huh? All you thought was, oh pitiful me! This is all her fault! Ever think I looked for you?! Ever think I gave up myself for you!? OF course you didn’t. Let him go, Baekhyun, I have nothing else to say.”

I watch as Baekhyun slowly lets him go and Kai stands there, staring down at me as if he couldn’t believe I was really there. “Get in the car, Baekhyun. I’ll take you back to your little alley.”

Baekhyun does as he’s told, climbing into the car before I do the same. I drive out the alley, leaving Kai standing there, staring at where I was.

“That should knock some sense into him,” Baekhyun says offer a soft laugh.

“If it doesn’t nothing else will,” I reply, speeding down the streets without a care. I stop the car across from Baekhyun’s spot and watch as he opens the door slowly. He looks back at me and touches my hand a moment, causing me to look at me.

“I’ll see you soon, Sly,” he says with a smile before climbing out the car.

“Hatsu.”

“Mwo?” he asks, looking back at me from outside the car.

“Call me Hatsu,” I say and he laughs softly.

“Alright, then I’ll see you later, Hatsu.”