How much longer?

A Tail of Two Turns

Kris’s POV

 

It’s been seven weeks. The messages and visits from Sly, Kronik, and these two boys have never stopped. At this point, no one is leaving the house, yet it hasn’t stopped. If we were a gang, we could have called the cops and said this were harassment, but we are. It seems Luhan and Chanyeol are the two targets, since most of it is happening to them. I normally would have though a bomb in the mailbox would be Chanyeol, until I saw the two guys laughing across the street.

A few days ago, one of the boys, the one with the red hair, was burning things into the grass again and Baekhyun shot him in the arm, it ended when the other guy threw a smoke bomb over here and smoked Baekhyun out of his hiding spot. The ginger then ran off laughing and holding his arm. The next morning, Sly had a drive by, shooting out half our windows, probably for shooting the other guy.

Suddenly, I hear Chanyeol running through the house yelling and I rush out of my room, gun in hand. I spot Chanyeol in the hall grabbing lighters and matches and anything else he can find.

“What’s wrong?” I ask him.

“Go to the front door now!” Chanyeol shouts, rushing off.

I follow behind him only to find Tao and Sly standing in front of each other pointing guns at each other’s heads. “Make sure Kai stays away from this...” I tell Chanyeol, pushing him back into the house.

Kronik looks over to me and flashes a smile. “Mind calling off your guard?” she asks with a smirk. Behind her are the two guys we’ve been seeing a lot of lately, the red head with a wrap around his arms.

“Ming leaving us the alone?” I spit, glaring at her. I hear someone rushing up behind me then a lot of struggling.

“LET ME GO!” Kai yells and I lock my jaw, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Oh, seems like one of your puppies is a bit feisty today,” Kronik says with a smirk and I hear the darker haired male chuckle.

I notice Sly’s eyes flick to Kai a moment before landing back on Tao with a cold glare as she holds her gun steady. Suddenly, I’m shoved to the side and Kai rushes past me, straight to Sly. Before he can reach her, though, the dark haired boy tackles him to the ground, pinning him there with a blade to his throat. “No, no, no~” the boys says as Kai struggles beneath him.

“God damn it Kai!” I snap. “Control yourself!”

“Looks like the alpha has lost his control. Seems like you could use some…” Kronik stops talking a moment as softer footsteps come up behind me. “help.”

“What’s going on?” Kyungsoo asks, looking around at the scene before him. I motion to answer, though he speaks again. “Haruka…”

“Who?” I ask looking back to him, though he just shakes his head. “Well, Tao and Sly are at a draw, some guy has Kai pinned and Kronik is back.”

“You broke our deal, Kris,” Kronik says glaring at me. “You weren’t supposed to come back on our grounds.”

“I was told you left,” I say, grabbing Kyungsoo by the hair and throwing him out into the yard. “Guess I got false information.” I pang of guilt hits me when Kyungsoo looks up at me pissed. “Why did you lie?”

“Because I can,” Kyungsoo replies, getting to his feet. “Because where else were we going to go? We had no money and no income. We had no choice.”

“We had a choice,” I snap. “We had the choice of staying away from these two!”

“Four!” the red head corrects me, causing Sly to chuckle.

“Look what you’ve gotten us into!” I shout at Kyungsoo who simply stares at me.

“There is no life without a risk. I took one. You would’ve had us all dieing for Christ’s sake, Kris! Xiumin is a crack head! He was buying crack from this guy!” He shouts, pointing at the red hair who waved. “We had to take risks! YOU WERE GOING TO LET US DIE OFF IF YOU DIDN’T DO SOMETHING!”

“I WOULD’VE DONE SOMETHING!”

“LIKE WHAT?!” Kyungsoo shouts back to me. Suddenly, I have no answers.

“I WOULDN’T HAVE SENT US BACK TO KRONIK AND SLY!”

“And Magnum and Roach!” The black and red haired boys shout at the same time.

“WHATEVER!”

Kyungsoo shakes his head at me, standing n between Kronik and me, with his back to her. “You want to no something Kris? I’ve been working with you for about ten years now, working with you from the time we were young gansters to now when we had a full on mafia, yet I had never been happier than the, what was it, two weeks?, I was ‘held hostage’ with these two girls.”

“What?”

“This life . We get nothing done. We never moved forward. They move forward. They progress! Wu Fan, I’m done here. I’ve had enough. Even if thee two girls won’t take me with them, I’m gone,” Kyungsoo tells me, staring right into my eyes and again, I have nothing to say. I watch him as he turns and faces Kronik who is smiling up at him. “I can still come back right?” he asks, taking both of her hands and kissing the back of them.

“Well of course,” she replies with a giggle.

Kyungsoo glances back at mean shakes his head. “Good bye Kris. As for everyone else, I’ll see you around.”

And with that, Kyungsoo walks over to the car they have parked here and climbs inside, Kronik on his heels and the red head behind them. The dark hair boy slowly gets up and grabs Sly’s arm, his eyes on Kai the entire time were as Sly doesn’t give him a glance, though she does look to me.

“See you are, leader boy,” she says with a smirk, spinning her gun around before climbing into the car, the dark haired boy right after.

Kai walks over to me and we both watch as he car drives off. “I ing hate them,” he spits, though his voice oozes jealousy. “Especially that dark haired boy.”