Are They Back?

A Tail of Two Turns

Kronik’s POV

 

I stared at Sly a moment, a slight bit confused. “Exo?” I ask staring up at her shocked. “Like, Exo Exo?” I ask and she nods eagerly, dropping a file on my desk as her smile grows.

“Seems Kris didn’t keep his word. Our watch saw Xiumin and Chen dealing two blocks over and Kai is back at his shop. Chanyeol and Luhan are working the same corners, and I found Sehun’s IP address hacking into our main frame. Exo is back,” Sly says, basically bouncing with excitement.

“Any word on Kyungsoo?” I find myself asking. His name felt right on my lips, though my face heated up as soon as the words left my mouth.

Sly’s smile grows wider. “Yes. Roach saw him dragging a big sack a few days ago. Said he didn’t even no it was Kyungsoo until after he saw Kris help him with the bag.”

Hm, Roach saw him? That meant Magnum must know as well. We’ve taken on two new members into our mafia, Roach and Magnum. Roach, or weed roach as he goes by fully, is in charge of all things drug related. Were as Magnum is our ‘pimp.’ He holds on to all of your es that are sold out to people willing to buy.

“Kyungsoo..” I whisper, touching the picture of him from inside the folder.

“I know, I miss that little cannibal too,” Sly says, sitting in the chair across from me and crossing her legs. “What are we going to do about them this time?”

“First, we are going to get in touch with Sehun, if he’s hacking our system we can get into his. Then, we send him a little message that he will most likely show Kris. After that, we wait for them to come to us,” I say pressing the speaker on my microphone. “Roach, Magnum. Come to my office.”

 

 

Magnum’s POV

 

I sat in the kitchen, poking at the chicken on the counter lazily. “Cook yourself…” he whined, giving it another poke.

“What are you doing?” Roach asked, walking in with a syringe in his arm. I watched him inject it into his arm before dosing it in the trash.

I sigh and poke the chicken again. “I don’t want to cook it… and you’ll put something in it and Sly can’t cook and Kronik doesn’t even come in the kitchen anymore… What happened to the chief they had before we came? They said he was a good cook… Why can’t he come back and cook?”

“I think he died,” Roach replies, hoping up on the counter.

I shake my head and sigh. “He didn’t die you idiot. I think he was the one that-“

“ROACH, MAGNUM! COME TO MY OFFICE!” Kronik’s voice booms over the speakers and I smile.

“HAH! YOU CHICKEN!” I shout, running out of the room and down the hall.

“So you chickens now…” I hear Roach mumble behind me as he struggles to keep up.

I walk into her office and smile to her and Sly. “Good afternoon, ladies,” I say respectfully.

“Magnum, Roach, I have a job for you two,” Kronik says and I watch as Sly smiles, a sight I haven’t seen often since I’ve been here.

“And what is that?” I ask, smiling softly to Sly before looking to Kronik. “What are we doing?”

“Finding Exo’s hide out. Find it and tell me who is leaving doing what. Tell me what’s going on, understand?”

I nod my head once and turn to leave before I hear Roach’s question. “So Kronik who was that past cook who you two said we really good?”

The atmosphere of the room jumps up as we hear Kronik and Sly giggle. “Kyungsoo. His name was Kyungsoo.”