Four

Destiny

Hyejin's POV:

The moment I reached the hallway, I broke down into tears. It hadn't even been a full day here and people would already be gossiping about me. My life at Seoul High was never this bad. As I curled up into a ball, I felt a presence nearing me. Feeling embarressed, I ducked my head so the tears would be hidden. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my back, and for some reason, it was as if it was spreading warmth throughout my body.

"Hey Jin... Are you okay?"

I nodded without looking up. I wasn't in my best condition at the moment.

"Hey... Look up at me. Let me see your face."

I shook my head no but was soon lifting my head up with the help of Myungsoo's hand. He pulled out a hankerchief from his pocket and carefully wiped my tears away. Our eyes locked and he awkwardly pulled away.

"I just wanted to make sure you were feeling better."

He gave me his hand and I took it while trying to stand up. After tucking a few loose strands of hair behind my head, I started to walk away. Myungsoo called after me, but didn't chase after me, knowing I needed my space.

"Where are you going?"

I turned around and gave him a sad smile.

"I think I'm going home for today. It's been a crazy first day here."

Turning back around, I stopped by the office to say that I felt sick. After getting permission, I walked home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outfit and Hair:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn3XM8Squj9xsACGiDQfL

Shoes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyjQnDMxNefG3mNgBzODF

The next day, I dreaded waking up. I would have to go back to that dreaded school and deal with everyone mocking me. They would probably call me foolish, or hopeless. Who knew? But I decided that I would ignore them. If I couldn't prevent them gossiping, I would prevent them from bothering me. Sure, I may have seemed really brave or something, but it was something I had been thinking about all night. This was my conclusion.

After changing into my clothes, I grabbed an apple off of the kitchen counter and walked out. The walk to school was only about a 15 minute walk so it wasn't that bad.

When I arrived at the school gates, I noticed that the schoolyard was nearly empty. I wasn't surprised because I had purposely arrived really late. The later I was, the less of a chance I would have to run into anybody, especially Myungsoo. I was just too embarressed to face him again.

After peaking through the main entrance, I was relieved to find that the hallways were empty. Quietly, I managed to get to my locker and take everything out of my backpack. Since I didn't have the mind to put my books away yesterday, my back was killing me from the weight.

I came to the thought that I should just skip first hour and just go to second hour. Besides, I was already 15 minutes late. What was the point? Adding to that, Myungsoo was in my math class.

Sighing, I walked around the school and ended up back in the room that I had napped in the previous day. After making sure that no one was inside, I snuck in and looked aroud. Since yesterday was pretty crazy, I didn't have the chance to really look at the room, until now.

There were music sheets all over the place. Some guitar picks were lying on the ground here and there. As for the bed that I slept on yesterday, the blankets had been nicely folded up. Myungsoo must have done that. After a complete scan of the room, I decided to check out the room I saw Changjo in yesterday morning.

Since I was pretty sure no one would be in there, I walked in to see what the room was like. Luckily, there were no people. The room itself was really cool, somewhat like complete opposites with Myungsoo's room. This room had full-length mirrors on three of the walls, and a huge stereo on the fourth wall. It looked like it had been completely redone, whereas the other room had a more vintage feel to it. Personally, I liked Myungsoo's room better, but this one was lovely too. After noticing some CD's on a table near the stereo, I wandered over to look at them.

"What are you doing here?"

I spun around quickly and came face to face with Changjo. Immediately glaring at him, I decided to ignore his words and simply leave the room, but he reached the door before I could.

"Move."

"...Are you... Are you mad?"

I gave him a look.

"No, I'm perfectly fine," I snarked at him sarcastically.

"So you are mad."

"Does it look like it?" I rolled my eyes and he sighed even louder.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I guess I just got a little carried away. I don't know. I think I became angry when I saw you flirting with L yesterday."

"I wasn't flirting with him. And besides, why would it bother you?"

"That's what I was wondering about all day. Why does it bother me?"

Getting annoyed, I stomped my feet. Noticing this, Changjo moved away from the door and I was about to step out when he pulled me into a back hug. To be honest, I had never completely gotten over him, so his action did make my heart race. But it also made me confused. But overall, it made me angry. I felt like a doll that had its emotions completely controlled by this one person. Did he think that I would forgive him with a stupid hug?

While glaring, I pushed him away and turned around.

"What the hell was that about?!"

"I'm sorry... I... I just... I guess I just wanted to apologize, and that was the only way I could think of."

"Listen, if you think I would be all giddy because of some stupid hug, you're wrong. Completely, flat out wrong. I'm not some stupid, easy girl that you can push around."

I left the room and walked back on my way to Myungsoo's room. It was the only place I could think of. Since the door was already slightly open, I just walked in. When I did, I saw Myungsoo sitting on the bed, holding some sheet music. He was focusing so hard that he didn't notice me entering the room. Thinking I could leave without him noticing, I started to back away when he said something.

"Come back in."

Obeying his words, I entered the room again and closed the door behind me. He finally looked up from his music and motioned for me to sit next to him. Taking a deep sigh, I did as I was told. Myungsoo looked at me, scanning my face.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No... It's just that... You look a little mad. Is something bothering you? Did someone bully you?" 

Seeing the sincere concern in his face, I couldn't help but smile at him.

"I was a little angry, but you just fixed that for me."

With those words, I was able to squeeze another smile out of him. I was wrong. I was totally wrong for trying to avoid him. Just seeing that smile seemed to brighten my day.

We sat in silence for a while and Myungsoo pulled out his guitar to strum some chords. Listening to his music somehow calmed me down, made my heart beat peacefully.

"Hey Jin... Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, go ahead."

He faced me and suddenly turned very serious. Scared, I looked at him questioningly.

"Can you tell me what's going on between you and Changjo?"

Simply hearing the question, my mood worsened. However, I was happy at the same time. Here I was, with some guy I had met yesterday, and he was already interested in who I was.

Normally, I would have thought about it before telling anyone something personal, but something about him made me do it. Nodding, I proceeded to tell him my story. He didn't interrupt me once, but instead, simply sat there soaking in my words. I even told him the part about the hug this morning. I noticed his jaw clenching at that part, but decided to ignore it.

"So that was why you looked angry."

I nodded.

"Well... I guess I don't really know what to say to you right now because I've never had my first love."

Shocked, I stared at him with wide eyes.

"You never had your first love?!"

"Why? Is there something wrong with that?"

"No... It's just that you don't seem the type to be like that..."

He smirked.

"And why not?"

"Well because... You're very... Attractive."

"Yea? You find me attractive?"

His face slowly inched closer to mine, and I had nowhere to go with the wall behind me.