Ten

Destiny

Hyejin's POV:

Outfit:

tumblr_mrixnd86WE1scxt0mo1_1280.jpg

Shoes:

tumblr_mre66rxW5f1scbrb3o1_500.jpg

Hair:

tumblr_mrkr5fQEQY1scxt0mo1_500.jpg

On Friday, I decided to go back to school. It wasn't good to miss too many days of school, and I had missed a lot so far. When I walked through the gates, the first person I saw was Changjo. He was leaning next to the entrance with his arms crossed.

"Hey Hyejin. Where have you been the past couple of days?"

I glared.

"Where do you think, ?"

I passed by him and walked into the building, but he followed after me. Changjo kept blabbing on about how he and I would be the perfect couple. He said that it would boost my popularity or something, but I didn't need that kind of stuff.

When I arrived at my locker, I paused. Myungsoo was there, arranging his books and organizing them into his backpack. He seemed to be cleaning his locker out.

"Yo, L. What are you doing there?"

I glared at Changjo for letting Myungsoo notice us. He turned around and his eyes immediately fell upon me and Changjo. Feeling apologetic, I lowered my head and walked to my locker, trying to ignore his presence.

I watched as Myungsoo looked at Changjo.

"I'm cleaning out my locker."

"Why?"

"I asked to move my locker."

The words were directed towards me. It was plain as day. Inside, my heart cracked when I heard the words. He was moving because of me. He didn't want to be near me.

"That's great. I guess I can move my locker closer to you now, right babe?"

Myungsoo's glare sharpened when Changjo called me babe. Also glaring, I faced Changjo as I slammed my locker.

"I'm not your babe. Go to one of your s."

With that said, I marched down the hallway into my math class. I waited for Myungsoo to enter, and he finally appeared in the doorway. As usual, there was a group of girls waiting for him, cooing about him, fangirling about him. Normally, he would brush past them coldly, but today, he actually smiled at them. This only encouraged them some more and he ended up sitting in between a bunch of girls.

I could slowly feel the anger bubbling inside of me. Now, he was no different from Changjo.

As the day progressed, I noticed all of the changes in Myungsoo. He wasn't colder to others anymore, just me and Changjo. He winked at girls whenever they flirted with him. He purposely flipped his hair or tried to flex his muscles in front of them too. He was acting like a tool and I wasn't liking it. Not one bit.

During lunch, I walked in to see Infinite's table crowded with girls. They were all over the place. Infinite looked happy, except for one member. 

I looked around for an empty seat but gave up. Changjo called me over Teen Top's table, but I simply ignored him. After I gave up, I remembered that Soomin probably didn't have her lunch yet. Stopping by the garden, I fed her some cat food that I bought recently just for her and then went on my way. Eventually, I ended up on the front steps of the school, eating by myself. About a few minutes later, someone tapped my shoulder.

"Can I sit here?"

"Oh... Hoya... Yea, go ahead."

He took the seat next to me and started eating.

"Shouldn't you be with Infinite right now?"

"I'd rather not."

"Why not?"

"Did you see our table? We can't even get a word in with those girls. All they do is talk on and on about blah blah blah. Honestly, they're really annoying. They keep trying to touch me and it makes me feel uncomfortable."

I giggled.

After that, we pretty much ate in silence as we stared at the sky. It was a lovely day out. The sky was blue and puffy, white clouds filled it.

"So... Myungsoo told us what happened..."

I looked at Hoya and then turned my head away again. Sighing, I looked down at my feet.

"So do you hate me too?"

He looked at surprised.

"Oh I don't hate you, and neither does Myungsoo."

"Yea right..." I muttered.

"I'm serious. The only thing he told us was that you still liked Changjo, and that he didn't want to get in the way."

"Oh..."

Hearing the words, tears started to unconciously start spilling out of my eyes. Till the very end, all Myungsoo did was think about me.

"Hyejin... Can I ask you a question?"

"Yea. Go ahead."

"Do you really like Changjo?"

"No," I firmly answered.

"Then why did you like the kiss?"

"You know I thought about that all week. And I think I got my answer. I guess the whole Changjo situation was a bit fustrating, you know. Loving someone and having to realize that they never loved you back. I guess the kiss made it feel like he did love me, and my heart unknowingly liked that feeling."

"But Myungsoo loves you, way more than Changjo does."

"And I love him too, but the kiss from Changjo was just filling up the gap that he had left me in the first place. Now that the hole's not there anymore, I miss Myungsoo like crazy. Whenever I see him in the halls, I want to be one of the girls around him. I want to sit next to him in class again. I want to spend time in his guitar room again. I even dream about him. Yet, I have to keep living my life knowing that we're never going to be together again. He even told me to call him L from now on. Do you know how much that hurts?"

Hoya nodded understandingly.

"Jin... What you did with Changjo was not right, but I understand because your feelings weren't sorted out until after the incident. But unlike your opinion, I don't think it's over between you and Myungsoo... Do you want to know a secret?"

I looked up at him and he wiped away the tears with his fingers.

"What?"

"Every night, Myungsoo stares at your picture until he falls asleep. I caught him doing it every day this week. Of course, he doesn't know that I know."

"Picture? We didn't take any pictures together."

"I don't know when it was taken, but the picture looked like you were sleeping in his guitar room."

I blushed at the thought of Myungsoo taking a picture of me.

"But if he still likes me, then I don't understand why he's being so cold to me. Not only that, but he's been acting like a complete lately... Like Changjo."

"Why do you think he's acting that way? If you liked Changjo, he must have thought that acting like Changjo would make you like him."

I chuckled while wiping away my tears some more.

"Myungsoo... He's so stupid sometimes."

Hoya laughed.

"You just figured that out?"