Twelve

Destiny

Hyejin's POV:

When I woke up, it was like deja vu. I was in Myungsoo's guitar room, sleeping on his bed. However, one thing was missing. Him. He wasn't next to the bed like he was the other time. Sighing, I stood up and started to fold the blankets. Myungsoo must have thought that I was such a nuisance, always giving him annoyances.

When I opened the door, I noticed Changjo coming out of his dance room. He was obviously tired and sweaty. His red hair was plastered against his head, his muscles were shiny from the perspiration, and his shirt was clinging to his abs.

I tried to avoid him, but he noticed me before I could make my way elsewhere.

"Hyejin... What were you doing in that room?"

"I was... napping."

"Napping? During the school day?"

"What about you? Are you allowed to skip class and dance?"

"Actually I am. The principal's counting on me for the national dance competiton this year, so he allowed me to practice whenever I want."

National dance competition? That sounded pretty intense.

"Well... That's good for you. I'm going to go now."

I started to walk away when he stopped me.

"Wait... Hyejin. Just answer this."

I turned around with a sigh.

"What?"

"Why can't we get back together? I'm asking for you. I'm the one that wants you."

"Why?"

He stopped talking and looked at me.

"I don't know..."

"I do. You're just mentally competing against L. You want to win against him. You want to beat him out... But I don't know why."

With that said, I left him standing there dumbfounded. What I had said was true. I knew Changjo was trying to beat L for some reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the rest of the school day, I realized that Myungsoo had immediately changed back to his original ways. It was so strange, seeing someone switch personalities like it was so easy. His fangirls were disappointed, but I sure wasn't. But even then, I didn't get the courage to go up and talk to him. Every class with him was just awkward.

When the last bell of the day rang, I casually walked to my locker. Everyone else around me was rushing. Rushing to hang out with their friends, rushing to play sports, rushing to do something. I seemed to be the only one that never had anything planned.

After closing my locker, I was surprised to see Myungsoo next to me. When I realized that he was placing his books into the locker next to mine, my heart felt like it was going to explode. He hadn't moved his locker.

I watched as he shut his locker and left to go somewhere. Curious, I couldn't help but to follow him. Surprisingly, he didn't walk to his guitar room or out of the school building either. He was walking towards the boys' locker room. I waited around the corner for him to come out. When he did, I almost squealed. For the first time, I was able to see him in his lacrosse uniform, and he was smoking hot.

As he walked onto the lacrosse field, I quietly followed behind him. On the field, there was a group of guys that were all very attractive. Making sure I wasn't being noticed, I quietly sat by a tree. Although the ground was somewhat dirty, I had my math book to sit on. I never liked math anyways. Besides, the tree provided a lot of shade.

I watched in silence as the lacrosse team practiced. The whole time, all I did was stare at Myungsoo. It was so weird to see him talking a lot and smiling with people other than Infinite, but he was probably very close with this teammates too. Seeing him take charge and telling others what to do made my heart beat fast. This new side of him was just way too attractive.

"Doojoon, go over there and help Junhyung."

A tall, handsome guy nodded and walked over to someone else. Myungsoo, tired from all of the practice, walked near the tree. Panicking, I stayed as still as I could. He took a seat on the opposite side of the tree. Luckily, the trunk was large enough that he couldn't see me. 

I watched as he chugged water down from a bottle. Some of the water trickled down and streamed down his throat, making my heart stop. He flicked his hair in one smooth motion, causing my mouth to widen in awe.

"Yo Myungsoo, come over here!"

They called him Myungsoo. I have to call him L.

"Alright, hang on a sec Dongwoon."

He placed the cap on his bottle and jumped up. Running towards the guy who had called him, they quickly engaged in a discussion.

I waited for the practice to finish. Time seemed to zoom by when I was observing Myungsoo. Finally, the team huddled for a last meeting and then parted their ways. I was about to get up when he started walking towards the tree. I started to panick for the second time, when I remembered that he had left his water bottle by the trunk. Waiting, I watched as he drank the water and then sat down. A couple minutes went by, and he didn't budge.

About to leave in the other direction, I stood up.

"Did you really think I wouldn't notice you?"

I froze in place. Myungsoo stood up and walked towards me.

"I could smell your perfume before I even walked into the locker room."

. My perfume.

"I... Uh... I just wanted to -"

"Whatever. If you want admire me some more, just tell me from now on."

With that, he smirked and started to walk away. I watched with my mouth open in shock.

He was totally toying with me right now.