Three

Destiny

Myungsoo's POV:

I had decided to practice my guitar until my hands went numb. When that happened, I sighed as I packed up. After opening the door, I discovered a girl curled into a ball on the ground. Taking a step closer, I realized that it was the girl with the locker next to mine. Normally, I would have left the scene and ignored her presence, but for some reason, my heart was tugging at me. It kept telling me to do something.

Sighing, I set my guitar down and picked the girl up. Since she was pretty light, I was easily able to bring her over to the room. This was where I usually slept when I got in trouble at home, so there was already a bed prepared. Laying her body down carefully, I covered her with the blanket and stood up to leave. Right when I reached the door, I turned back around to take one last look. For some reason, my feet wouldn't let me leave. With no choice, I brought my guitar back into the room and sat next to her sleeping presence. Yawning, I decided to take a nap.

Hyejin's POV:

For some strange reason, I felt very comfortable. Suddenly, my eyelids lifted and I realized there was a blanket on top of me. Taking it off, I sat up and noticed my setting around me. I was sleeping on a bed, but the room didn't seem like a bedroom for some reason. Looking next to me, I was shocked to find L sleeping while sitting. Realizing that I must have fallen asleep and that he must have taken care of me, I immediately felt apologetic. If it wasn't for me, he would be able to sleep on the bed.

Quietly getting up, I quickly tried to leave the room, but something stopped me. A voice.

"You awake?"

I spun back around and saw L yawning while stretching his arms.

"Uh... Yea. Thank you for... You know... The bed..."

"Yea. Whatever."

He stood up and grabbed something off of the wall. It looked like a guitar case.

"Do you... Uh... Play the guitar?"

L turned around and looked at me. This time, it wasn't a glare, but something about his eyes seemed to be pulling me in.

"Yea."

"Oh, well that's cool. I really liked your music. It was touching."

I noticed he seemed to hesitate before answering me.

"Thanks."

For a split second, I swore I saw a smile on his face. But soon after, he went back to his poker face and left the room.

For some unexplainable reason, I wasn't shy around him. I always seemed to be the one speaking first, and that was exactly what happened.

Following him out of the room, I decided to walk side-by-side with him.

"So... Do you know what time it is?"

"Around lunch time."

"Lunch?! I slept for that long?"

"Yea."

He remained silent and I quietly followed after him. After a while, I noticed that he was walking to a part of the school that I had never seen before.

"Um... L... Where are we going?"

"Garden."

"Oh..."

All of a sudden, he spun around and looked at me.

"How do you know my name?"

Taken by surprise, I started to stutter.

"I... I... The teacher... She called you L in class..."

Looking as if he understood, he nodded and proceeded to go on his way.

Curious, I decided to ask him some more questions.

"What do you do in the garden?"

"Feed Soomin."

"Who's Soomin?"

"A stray cat I found. She always lurking around, so I decided to give her some food."

"Oh..."

Eventually, we ended up in a beautiful part of the school. Strangely enough, no one else was there. Just me and L. There were flowers everywhere in every color. The mere smell of the place was wonderful.

"Why isn't anyone here?"

"Because it's a secret garden."

"Secret garden? Like the drama?"

I tried to joke around with him and make him laugh, but it miserably failed. He just gave me a weird look.

"I found this place in my freshman year."

"How?"

"Girls were chasing me so I just ran away. I guess my feet kind of brought me here."

"Girls were chasing you? Why?"

He paused and stepped closer to me. Taken back, my eyes widened and I started to blush.

"You really don't know why?"

I scanned his face and felt the heat rising in my cheeks. He must have noticed my blush because he smirked and took a step back. Scrambling to catch up to him, I snapped my mind out of the daze I was in when I was staring at his face.

"You know you don't really talk much, L."

"You don't either, girl. Only when you're with me."

That was true. Wait... Did he just call me girl?

"Did you just call me girl?"

"Yea."

"Why?"

"Because I don't know your name."

"Well you could have just asked. And it's Hyejin. Jung Hyejin."

"I'll just call you Jin."

"Why?"

"Because one syllable is easier than two."

I scoffed. Suddenly, a small gray cat popped out of a bush, causing me to shout in shock.

"What's the matter?"

L quickly turned around and saw what I was scared of. Out of nowhere, he burst out in laughter, which caused me to watch in awe. His smile was beautiful, like something only fictional characters could have. He turned into a completely different person. After noticing that I was staring at his smile, he quickly got rid of it.

I watched quietly as he fed Soomin some food that he took out of his pocket. I didn't know what it was, but she sure seemed to like it. After the feeding was done, Soomin walked away and disappeared into the bush again.

"You know... You should really smile more."

"And you should really talk more with people other than me."

He had a point.

"Why do you talk so much to me anyways?"

I was surprised by his question. The truth was, I didn't know why either. While pondering for the answer, my stomach growled. Loudly. Quickly, I tried to suppress the noise by giving strength to my stomach, but it was no use. I took a glance at L and saw him laugh again. This time, he kept smiling.

"Come on. Follow me. Let's go get some lunch."

Sheepishly, I followed him to the lunchroom. The moment we stepped in, I noticed that his smile had faded and that everyone's eyes were on us. Creeped out, I whispered into his ear.

"Why is everyone staring?"

He glared at everyone and then faced me with softer eyes.

"Just ignore them."

Nodding, I stood in the lunch line, grabbed some food, and then placed it onto my tray. Noticing that L didn't even bother to get a tray, I quickly grabbed an apple for him to eat. After paying for my food, I looked around the lunchroom and tried to find a spot to sit at. There were the obvious groups that sat at each table. The popular kids, the science nerds, the game geeks, and so on. After noticing an empty seat by the garbage cans, I was about to make my way towards it when L grabbed my wrist. I looked in the direction of where he was dragging me and was shocked to find out that it was the popular section.

He took two seats at a table with about 6 guys already sitting there. Motioning for me to sit down, I took the spot next to him and looked around. Out of nowhere, Hoya popped up in front of me.

"Hey, Hyejin! I didn't know you and Myungsoo were this close."

Confused, I looked at him with a strange look.

"Who's Myungsoo?"

Hoya laughed for a moment and then turned to look at L.

"What are you talking about? That's L."

"Yea, but his real name is Myungsoo. Only people that are close to him call him Myungsoo. Everyone else pretty much calls him L."

I looked Myungsoo who was occupied with a tall boy that had piercings all up his ear.

Tapping his shoulder, he spun around and looked at me.

"Is your name really Myungsoo?"

He immediately glared at the laughing Hoya in front of me.

"Yea. But I don't like the name so I don't use it."

"... Can I call you Myungsoo?"

Not knowing where the courage to say that came from, I immediately shut my mouth right after. I thought he was going to get mad at me.

He scanned me up and down.

"Yea. You can call me Myungsoo."

Feeling giddy inside, I proceeded to eat my lunch while talking to Hoya.

"You know, this is the first time Myungsoo has let a girl sit at our table."

"What do you mean?"

"Girls always come here, either asking to sit with him or any of us, but he never allows it. Weirdly enough, you're sitting here right now. And he was even the one that brought you. I'm telling you, you're something special."

Hoya winked at me and I blushed. 

"So are you ready to meet the guys?"

"What do you mean by ready?"

"Well they didn't want to scare you by coming at you all at once, so I said I would slowly warm you up."

"Oh... Well in that case, yea."

I smiled at him and he dragged me out of my seat. One by one, he took me to each member of Infinite and I got to meet them. I had always imagined them as snotty, mean popular kids, but they were actually pretty funny and sweet. There was one in particular that was really greasy. He kept winking at me and complimenting everything about me.

After making our round and sitting back down, Hoya went back to talking with Dongwoo, who I had met just a minute ago. In my opinion, I liked him the best out of Myungsoo and Hoya's friends. He was really smiley and for some reason, the moment I started talking to him, energy just seemed to be bursting around us.

"So do you like them?"

I looked at Myungsoo who was looking at me questioningly.

"Yea. They're surprisingly really nice."

He smiled and I smiled back.

"Woah guys! Look! Myungsoo's smiling."

Everyone in Infinite turned to look and his smile immediately faded, but not quick enough. Eventually, everyone was teasing him about it and his poker face kept hardening. When the teasing died down, I looked at him curiously. Noticing I was staring at him, he stared back.

"What are you looking at?"

"You... Why can't you smile around others?"

"I have an image to keep around here."

"What? A tough and bad boy kind of image?"

"Exactly."

Sighing, I looked back at my food tray while shaking my head. Some boys were just so complicated.

Remembering the apple I had gotten for him, I quickly cut it up as best as I could. Then, I poked his cheek, which caused him to turn and look. Right when he was facing my direction, I pinched his arm, causing him to shout in pain. I knew he wouldn't eat it if I asked him to.

As he shouted a little, his mouth opened and I used it as an opportunity to throw an apple slice in there. Surprisingly, he didn't choke but somehow managed to catch it without looking stupid and chewed it with his mouth.

"What was that for?"

"Well, don't bad boys need to eat to?"

He gave me a small smile and I pinched his cheek. I couldn't help myself. He was just too cute when he did that. It was amazing how close I had gotten to him in less than a day. It felt like I had known him for the longest time, like we were best friends. I guess it kind of made me feel special because I had noticed that he wasn't really close to anyone else besides me and Infinite.

"Well, isn't that a cute sight?"

We looked in the direction of the voice and found Changjo standing in front of us with his arms crossed. My face immediately darkened and I looked away while dropping my hand.

"Aww. What's the matter Hyejin baby? Don't you like me?"

Myungsoo glared at him, and I gave him a look, telling him to back down.

"Go away Changjo. I'm really not in the mood right now."

"Well that's strange. You were in the mood when we were going out. I mean... Even if I only dated you because of a bet."

Why was his attitude so different now? Why was he being such an ? He wasn't like this when he was trying to explain what had happened.

By this time, the whole cafeteria had been listening in on our conversation, and I could feel the humiliation brought upon me. My cheeks turned bright red and I slowly felt the tears dripping down my face for the second time today. 

Standing up, I quickly sprinted out of the lunchroom, trying to prevent people from seeing my tears.