Thirteen

Destiny

Hyejin's POV:

Luckily, the next day was Saturday so I wouldn't have to face Myungsoo. Yesterday's incident was just way too embarressing for me. 

Looking into the mirror, I sighed as I saw my reflection. I really needed to go out. My skin was about as pale as a newborn baby's . After throwing on a suitable outfit and getting money for a public bus, I headed out the door to go to the mall.

Outfit:

tumblr_mrjp0nOf7n1r6d2azo1_500.jpg

Hairstyle:

tumblr_mrnr2qmHfI1rapfiuo1_500.png

The moment I walked into the mall, I headed off to my favorite stores. I felt like I was in candy land with all of these pretty clothes around me. As much as I wanted to buy everything, I kept the urge within myself. I was always spending way too much money on clothing without even knowing it.

Around noon, my stomach started to growl. Noticing that I was hungry, I decided to go to the cafeteria and catch a little snack. It usually didn't take much to fill up my stomach.

As I neared the food court, I took a whiff of the air and sighed. It always smelt delicious.

Looking around to see what I wanted to eat, I caught sight of some familiar figures. After getting a little closer, I realized that it was Infinite. It looked like there was a girl amongst them too. Panicking, I quickly ran in the opposite direction and ended up getting in a line for some McDonald's. I was hungry anyways, so it didn't turn out that bad.

I ordered a burger and some fries and then waited for the order to come out. As time kept ticking, I kept getting more nervous. Looking to make sure Infinite hadn't noticed me, I caught sight of Myungsoo wiping some sauce off of a girl's face. Feeling the jealousy brewing, the napkins in my hand became crumpled from my grip.

"Miss... Excuse me, miss... Your order is here."

Snapping out of my trance, I turned around and grabbed the lunch tray. After paying, I found a seat near Infinite's table, but out of their sight. Silently, I studied the girl that was with them. She was pretty. Her eyes were small, but loving. Her hair was a soft brown color that made her look innocent. As for her figure, it was nothing like her face. Her curves were very prominent, especially in that outfit she was wearing. 

The more I watched her, the angrier I got. She was just so close to the Infinite members, especially Myungsoo. Speaking of the boy, he was being particularly nice to her. He treated her like he used to treat me. Myungsoo was laughing with her, smiling at her, giving her some of his food...

"Hyejin...?"

I turned around to find Chunji looking at me questioningly. Shocked, I choked on my drink. I started coughing badly and Chunji quickly rushed to my side and started to pat my back. When the coughing finally subsided, I gave him an apologetic smile.

"Sorry about that. It probably wasn't the prettiest sight."

He shrugged while taking a seat across from me.

"Eh. I've seen worse."

I smiled at him.

"So are you stalking L or something?"

My eyes widened.

"What? What makes you think that?"

"Well you were staring at him for quite a while there. I'm guessing your wondering what he has to do with that girl, right?"

"... How did you know?"

He laughed.

"Do you want me to help you?"

"Help me? How?"

"I can pretend to be your date for today. We can try to make him jealous, and I bet it'll work."

I was a little hesitant.

"Are you sure? I don't think Myungsoo would really notice us."

"Oh, trust me. He will."

"Okay... I guess. But is there anything you want in return?"

"Actually... Yea."

Fearing the worst, I stared at him, waiting for the answer.

"Some of your fries."

I laughed and shoved the tray of fries in front of him.

"Eat away. I'm full anyways."

For the rest of our little meal, we made our plans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood up to throw the tray away. When I got the trash can, I purposely walked in the direction of the one that was the closest to Infinite. Waiting for someone to notice me, I walked as slow as I could.

"Hyejin! What are you doing here?"

Yes. It was working.

I turned around and pretended to be surprised.

"Oh! Woohyun oppa! I'm just shopping and seeing what's in stores lately. How about you?"

He was about to respond when he did a double take.

"Did you just call me oppa?"

I nodded.

He smiled like a fool and I giggled.

To be honest, I never liked calling people oppa. It just didn't roll of my tongue easily.

Talking with Woohyun while walking towards Infinite, the rest of the members finally noticed me. They all said hey and sparked up conversations with me. All except for one. Myungsoo was too busy talking with that girl.

Right on cue, Chunji came running over to me.

"Babe, I was looking all over for you! Where did you go?"

Hearing Chunji's voice, Myungsoo looked up and finally noticed me.

"Babe? Are you guys going out?" Dongwoo asked up curiously.

I shyly shaked my head saying no.

"But I'm planning on it soon~"

I blushed, and it wasn't acting. Chunji was really good at swooning girls, and I could say so from personal experience. For a moment, there he made my heart beat faster. The Infinite members pretended to gag.

"Oh my gosh Chunji. I never took you as that kind of guy," Sunggyu said while laughing.

The whole time, Myungsoo kept staring at us, not speaking a word.

Suddenly, the girl stood up and walked towards me. She stuck out her hand, motioning for me to shake it.

"Hi! I'm Minah, Myungsoo oppa's little sister."

My eyes widened in shock and I shook her hand. Darting my eyes towards Myungsoo, I saw him smirk.

When the conversations started going on and on, I noticed Myungsoo motioning for me to go somewhere. Following the direction of his fingers, I stood up and said I needed to use the ladies' room. I ended up waiting by the drinking fountain, awaiting Myungsoo's presence.

Soon after, he showed up and grinned at me. He bent down to sip a drink of water, and I couldn't help but stare. When he was finished taking his sip, the water was still on his lips, giving them a shine. Unknowingly, I continued to stare at them.

"erted much."

"Huh? What?" Breaking out of the trance, I snapped my eyes back up to Myungsoo's eyes.

He took a few steps closer to me, backing me up against the wall.

"Did you really think I wouldn't know what you were trying to do?"

I gulped.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you trying to make me jealous. Oh please, that's the oldest trick in the book."

Trying to resist looking into his eyes, I attempted to push him away. Seeing that I wasn't strong enough, I gave up.

"So did it work?"

"What?"

"My trick."

He stepped back, causing me to look at him curiously. Out of nowhere, he smirked at me again.

"Hell yea it did."

The words seemed to stop my heart. As I was too busy having a heart attack and replaying his words over and over again in my head, he leaned closer to my ear and whispered something.

"How was it choking on that drink?"

I looked at him in shock, and he chuckled. As he was about to walk back to the group, and he turned around for the last time.

"Oh, and don't forget to change your perfume next time. I could smell your presence even before you went to eat McDonald's."