One

Destiny

Hyejin's POV:

Outfit:

Shirt:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9hXjCumUjQIK9tI1TBte

Pants:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbRVRsZ1G_Kbf9msMI730

Shoes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPjhTha9mab5CXuis_-jB

Backpack:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShniN4oZAYFXyBF0sGdhK

Hair:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoh4zfvVr6NpARSXPxszL

I sighed as I stared at the massive builiding in front of me. Going to another school would mean nothing to me. What could possibly change?

With this mindset in my head, I walked up the front steps and through the double doors. Right in front was the office. Shyly, I opened the door and went up to the secretary, who obviously looked very busy. She had coffee in one hand and she was shuffling through some papers with the other.

"Um... Excuse me? My name is Jung Hyejin and I just moved here. Could I possibly get my schedule?"

The secretary didn't look up but simply handed me a piece of paper.

"Oh... Um... Thank you."

Quickly, I grabbed the paper and stuffed it into my pocket while walking out. Thinking ahead, I had decided to come early today. I wanted to explore the school to get some kind of idea on where my classes were. Grabbing the paper out of my pocket, I looked at the first class on the list. Math. Ugh. Well that was gross. Math had always been my least favorite subject.

Rolling my eyes, I decided to put the list away again. I didn't really feel like looking at the rest of my classes. Curiously, I decided to walk around the back of the school. It seemed older than the rest, like the newer part had been recently added. 

Amidst my walk, I heard some music coming from the corner of the back hallway. It wasn't beautiful, classical music like I was expecting. Of course, that was only because I spent too much time watching dramas. Anyways, the music was more of a rap. Hip hop. I think that was what it was called.

Quietly, I peered my eyes through the window, trying to get a glimpse of what was going on inside. I couldn't see much due to my short height, but I did manage to get a view of red hair. It wasn't a subtle red either, it was bright red, like a firetruck. Feeling like a stalker, I decided to walk away.

Eventually, students started to hustle into the building, completely ignoring the fact that I was there. I thought it was time to go to my locker so I pulled my paper out. Locker 112. When I was walking around, I saw Locker 120 near the lunchroom, so my locker was probably around there.

I set off to find my new locker. At the location at which I found Locker 120, I slowed down and looked at every locker that I passed. 118...116...114...112! It wasn't long before I reached my locker and opened it with the passcode that was given to me. The inside seemed pretty clean and It was fairly large. Satisfied, I took some of the things in my backpack and neatly arranged them in my locker. I was always a fanatic of keeping things clean.

When I shut my locker, I was surprised to see such a good looking guy next to me. His hair was jet black. His eyes were the same color and they had a piercing glare. His nose was flawless, like it was sculpted by God. As for his lips, they were perfect. Pretty and pink.

I noticed that I was in his way so I took a couple of steps back to give him some room. Watching him, I was happy to know he had the locker right next to mine.

Turning around, I walked away and looked for my math class. After getting some instructions from teachers that were monitoring the halls, I entered the place I had been looking for. It was chaos. Boys were hopping over the desks and yelling at the girls. Girls were fixing their makeup and their hair while batting their eyelashes at the boys. 

Trying to go unnoticed, I made my way to the back of the classroom. It was going well until I accidentally bumped into someone. I immediately looked down at the ground, trying to avoid eye contact. It always made me feel uncomfortable.

"Ugh... Hello?"

The voice sounded familiar, which didn't make sense because this was a new school.

"Hey Changjo! Is that another girl of yours?"

Wait... Changjo? I quickly opened my eyes and looked up. Sure enough, it was him, and I was surprised to find out that he had died his hair bright red. So he was the guy in the room with the hip hop music.

Changjo had been my first love. The one guy that had bothered to care about me for even a day. That was until he had moved away. Not a word came from him ever since.

"Wait... Hyejin?"

I looked at him while nodding.

"Well... This is awkward. I... Uh... Hope you have a good time here? I don't know. Later."

He walked away. That was it. After everything that had happened between us, those were the only words that were said.

Feeling down, I took a seat in the far back corner, away from everyone else.

Soon after, the teacher walked in and like magic, everyone settled down. 

"Alright class, hush. We have a new girl in class and we don't want to make a bad impression on her."

I laughed to myself. Too late for that.

"Jung Hyejin? Is she in here?"

I raised my hand and walked to the front of the class, due to the teacher's request.

"Introduce yourself."

I faced the class and looked for one person in particular. 

"Hey. My name is Jung Hyejin and I moved here from Seoul High School."

Nothing. No response. It felt really awkward to just stand up there so I decided to sit back down without having the teacher tell me to. Any longer and I would probably do something really embaressing. 

The teacher cleared and then proceeded to teach the class. About ten minutes into the lesson, someone came in while kicking the door open. 

"L, please come to class on time."

"Do I ever?"

I heard the girls in my class start bubbling with excitement. They were gushing about how handsome and cool he was. What was so special about a troublesome boy?

I looked up and realized it was the boy with the locker next to mine. So he was in this class. He walked towards the back of the class and I tried to duck my head. I never knew why I did that, but it was like an automatic reflex.

I heard him sigh and looked up. He took the seat next to me and threw his bag onto the floor.

"Alright class. Look up here. Pay attention or I might just give a pop quiz."

The class groaned and the teacher smiled.

During the whole lesson, I kept stealing glances at Changjo. He was sitting towards the middle of the classroom, surrounded by girls. He must have been really popular because girls were literally drooling over him. What bothered me the most was that he was letting them. He let them touch him, caress him, do everything to him. 

He didn't use to be like that. He used to keep to himself, which was the only reason why I had the courage to go up and talk to him. Changjo was just like me, a shy person who stood in the background. But he seemed different now. He had a more confident aura. Something about him had changed.

"Stare any longer and you might drill a hole through his head."

My eyes widened in shock and I looked beside me. The boy smirked and then nodded his head in the direction of Changjo. I quickly blushed and looked down at my desk.

"I wasn't looking at him."

"Whatever."

He placed his arms and head on his desk and fell asleep right before me. It was fascinating how someone could fall asleep so quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The class seemed to take forever. What was there so important about math that we had to spend so much time on it? Just as I thought that, the bell rang and I hopped up in delight. After packing my backpack, I was ready to search for my next class when I realized that the boy next to me was still sleeping.

Hesitantly, I poked him, trying to wake him up, but he didn't budge. I was about to call his name, when I realized that I didn't know it. Thinking back, I remembered the teacher calling him a letter of the alphabet. I vaguely remembered it being L or something like that. Crouching a little, I whispered in his ear.

"It's time to go L."

He still didn't move. I was going to try again when someone interrupted me.

"Don't bother. He always sleeps like that. The teachers gave up trying to fix his behavior and you should too."

I knew who it was before having to turn around and look. Why wouldn't I? It was a voice I had once loved.

I spun around and faced Changjo. When I did, I took a look at him. He was wearing a black snapback with a white muscle tee, black saggy pants, and some high tops. He looked like a tool.

Feeling a little cautious for some reason, I nodded shyly.

"Ok."

I tried to walk around him and leave the classroom, but he blocked the entrance.

"Do you think we can talk?"

"I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"I... Uh..."

I tried to think of an excuse, but my brain seemed to have stopped working. Changjo was looking at me questioningly, and for some reason, it made me nervous.

"She said she doesn't want to, so leave her alone."

Changjo and I looked in the direction of the voice and found L yawning. He stretched his arms and then grabbed his backpack off of the floor. Lazily, he walked towards the both of us and gave me a look. I didn't know what he was trying to say, but I thought he wanted me to follow him.

L walked out into the hallway and then turned around.

"Well aren't you coming?"

I pointed at myself questioningly and he nodded. Wanting to get away from Changjo, I quickly pushed past Changjo and followed L out.