38

Worlds Collide: The Collision

 

Yejin shook her head as she watched Jungah. She was speaking with one of the mall’s managers. She was doing work as of now.

Yejin took out her phone and called Luhan.

“Hey.” Luhan answered.

“I think you were right about that “Oh, ” expression earlier.”

“Wae? What happened?”

“The old….Jungah’s back. Unreasonable, cold and harsh.”

Luhan sighed from the other line.

“I’ll talk to her later.”

“You should, ge. I don’t know how to deal with her.”

“I will, thanks Lee.”

“And, I’m worried. I know how she is when she’s mad.”

 

 

Lay had no idea why he was the one attending Jungah’s meeting but he didn’t want an explanation. He opened the doors and found Kris with the other directors from both Lotte and Xi Empire.

Oh, it was a meeting for the partnership. Kris didn’t look surprised when he saw it was with him

Lay mentally sighed.

Suddenly, he knew why he was here.

He sat down and gave Kris a brief nod before the meeting started.

 

 

Yejin glanced up as Luhan arrived.

“Where is she?” He asked.

“She dropped me here earlier, she said she needed to-”

“She’s at the track.” Luhan groaned, Yejin bit her lip.

“She’s uncontrollable.” Lay added as he sat down.

“This is…exactly how she reacts, she acts like nothing hurts her, that’s why she’s being reckless. She’s trying to numb herself.” Luhan shook his head.

Yejin frowned.

“She told me….Kris was never the right guy for her. I know she was lying but…why would she say that?”

Lay looked at Yejin.

“I think they broke up because of the scandal.”

 

Jungah’s secretary bit her lip.

“Seoyoung did it?” Jungah asked, they were inside one of Xi Empire’s luxury malls, Jungah was checking up on the branch. Lay winced beside her. Jungah’s eyes saw someone familiar. She almost smirked.

“Yes, it has been reported that she sent those photos, from what I can conclude, she must have had some people follow you.”

Jungah’s brows rose in amusement, Lay just took hold of her hand.

“Mei, I~”

Jungah noticed a box of cupcakes inside one of the boutiques.

“Excuse me, can I have these? I’ll have my secretary send you another box.”

Then she made her way towards the familiar figure ahead of them, Lay froze as he realized whom his cousin was walking to.

Seoyoung.

“She has the guts to show up here?” Jungah muttered, then she paused and glanced at her cousin.

“You know how much I love you, right?” She asked. Lay just nodded at her, letting her do whatever she wants.

Jungah smirked and spun back to Seoyoung.

“Hey gold digger!” She called with a sweet smile. Some customers turned and stared.

Then with a smirk Jungah delivered the box of frosted cupcakes on Seoyoung’s face.

“Thanks for the photos, I love it.” She spat before leaving.

 

Jungah grinned as she slid down from her GTR. The crowd howled at her as they started to chant her name.

She was back.

Yongguk shook his head from afar.

“Tell me, what is she planning?” Jongup frowned.

“No one knows, but I think…” Daehyun glanced at her.

“She’s back to racing again, and the old her is back.” Chanyeol stated.

“Something must have happened.” Yongguk said, then Jungah walked to them.

“This is my second win for tonight, let’s go-”

“Jungah, what’s wrong?” Yongguk walked to her.

“Nothing is,” She chuckled and shrugged. Chanyeol looked at her, ripped shorts and muscle top with a pair of leather sneakers.

“Don’t lie to me, Jungie.” Yongguk frowned.

“I’m not, have you seen a problematic person racing?”

“Yes, you.”

She groaned.

“Come here.” Chanyeol frowned and pulled her with him.

“Is this about Kris, Jungah?”

“Why does everyone ask me about him? You can just call him if you want.”

“I knew it.” Chanyeol muttered.

“What, oppa?”

“You’re being reckless again, did you forget about your accident last year?”

“Well, you only live-”

“~once, I know that! But you-” Chanyeol paused, Nichkhun was walking to them.

Jungah followed his gaze.

“You.” Chanyeol said.

 

“Can we talk?”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++