18

Worlds Collide: The Collision

 

Jungah smiled as she felt Kris playfully leaning his weight on her side as they walked towards the front door.

“I have a feeling you have a reason for dragging me here. And it’s not because of Jinhee’s pink Volkswagen either.”

Jungah just shrugged as they walked in.

“Good you two are here.” Agung said as he saw them.

“We settled it already, agung.” Jungah said in Mandarin.

“I know, Lotte called me earlier, thanks Kris.” The old man smiled then he left the couple.

Kris nodded and smiled. Jungah eyed Kris warily.

“Damage control.” He nodded.

“Well I need that, like now.”

“For what?”

“Jungah! Finally, you’re back!” Seoyoung came walking to them.

“No, I’m front.” She murmured, Kris bit back his smile and nodded at the other girl.

“Hi, unnie.” Jungah’s lips managed to lift up.

“Come, Lay and I have been waiting.” She beamed at her before walking back to the living room.

“Kris, get me my sunglasses.”  She murmured, Kris just took her hand.

“People skills.”

“Yeah, right. How To Kill People skills.”

“Xi Feilin.” Kris glanced at her.

“Help me.” She just shook her head.

 

 

Dinner was like every other normal at the Xi household, but Jungah was constantly fidgeting.

Agung was chatting with Lay and Seoyoung, Kris just observed his girl as she ate.

“I know you don’t like her.” He murmured.

“You’ll understand later, can I propose a sleepover?”

Kris eyed her warily.

“Don’t get dirty thoughts, Luhan’s not here, I need to talk to a human being.” She whispered.

“And Yixing is…?”

“A unicorn, just stay over, okay?”  She bit her lip.

Kris nodded and continued to eat.

“Good.”

“Sometimes, I think I spoil you too much.” Kris murmured.

“I love you too, tower.”

 

 

The four young people were at the veranda, enjoying coffee and tea. Jungah was curled next to her cousin while they listened as Seoyoung prattled on, she was seated on one of the lounge seats.

“Ni meishi ba(Are you okay)?” Lay asked his cousin.

“Shi de(Yes).”

Seoyoung halted and looked at them.

“Ni shi anjing de(You’re being quiet.).”

“Mei-”

“Right, you speak Mandarin too!” Seoyoung chirped. Jungah wanted to roll her eyes, then Kris strolled in, his hair slightly damp.

“You’re staying over?” Lay smiled.

“I need to counsel somebody.”

Jungah shook her head.

“Gege, mingtian de huiyi(The meeting tomorrow-)-”

“Uhm, guys, I would really appreciate it if you stop using Mandarin, it’s a little....uncomfortable.” Seoyoung bit her lip. Kris met Jungah’s eyes. He saw how Jungah bite down her lower lip.

“What was that mei?”

“Wan an, ge.(Good night.)” Jungah blurted as she walked towards the patio doors.

“You too,…Seoyoung unnie, good night.” She smiled before stepping through the doors.

 

Kris slowly closed the doors behind him, Jungah was seated on the desk inside her study.

“Three seconds, three, two-”

“I hate her!”

Kris chuckled and walked to her.

“Why?”

“A few days ago,” She started as she joined Kris on the couch.

“I saw her shopping at Cheongdam.”

“You hate her because she bought a pink purse?” Kris mused as he pulled Jungah to him.

“Aniya, but…I don’t want to hurt my cousin but…this girl..something’s wrong with her.” Jungah buried her face on the crook of his neck.

“She was harassing one of SAs then she said something about how she was the girlfriend of their boss, she was threatening them.”

Kris nodded, running his long fingers through her hair.

“I think…if that’s how she is, let her be first, Jungah. Lay has to know but I think, not yet now.”

“I don’t want the same thing to happen again.” She frowned, Kris smiled and just squeezed her waist.

“It won’t.” He stated. Jungah smiled, she was happy that nothing went wrong, even though the rumors were still surfacing, Kris was still with her. It was the only thing that mattered.

“Thanks for being here, Li Jiaheng. I’d go crazy if you didn’t stay.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++