Sneaking in The Library

New School....New Life

 

After lunch I went back to my room. I didn’t feel like exploring the school so, it was better if I just stayed here. I reached for my laptop, I had to talk to my friends and tell my parents what I needed to make this room feel.......... more like the one at home. I didn’t get a chance to tell my friends where I was transferred to so, they probably think I disappeared off the Earth.

When I turned my laptop on, I saw the school wireless but I needed the password. Niel said that I needed to go to the librarian to find it out. What did he say? Something about the Student ID. Aish, only if I knew where the Library was.....hyung forgot to show me. How smart. Why did he have class now?

I got up off my bed and picked my laptop and went searching for the library.

I asked a couple guyswhere it was, but they only flirted with me. They were no help at all.

 

Finally someone gave me the directions to the library, it was easy to find after that.

I entered the library, it was big for a school one. There weren’t many students there then. I guess most kids had class now. I searched the room for the librarian and I found her at her desk. I walked towards her, she was a mess. Her hair resembled a bird’s nest, she was around 30s/ 40s, she was really slobby and untop of that she was painting her nails and talking on the phone....at the same time. Oh yeah and I think that’s gum she’s chewing. Who hired this tramp?

After ten more minutes she wasn’t done. “Ummmmm, Hi Ms?”

When I got to the desk, she was still talking so I just waited for her to stop.

She motioned for me to be quiet, said “One second honey”

What the hell I’ve been waiting here for like 15 minutes now and you call me honey? Im not your freaking honey!

I’ll give this woman two more minutes because I still have some patience left in me.

After waiting a next five minutes, I was beginning to get pissed off at this lady.

I raised my voice, “EXCUSE ME!?!”

“Don’t raise your voice at me honey, can’t you see I’m on the phone and this is a library”

Look who’s talking!! This woman is not serious, filling the room with her annoying voice and her scandalous laughter. Talking about this is a library. Seriously? I mean everybody could hear who was ing who last night. Nobody gives a !

I can’t take this any longer....

I shouted, “LOOK WOMAN YOU BETTER GET OFF THE PHONE RIGHT NOW!!”

“Or what?” she answered

 

Wow does she even know she’s working in a ing mental institute. She’s shouldn’t test people.

 

“I’m giving you up to three to hang up....”

“One.....”

“Two....”

“Three” I took the phone from her and through it against the wall. It broke into pieces. Well, I didn’t think it would break though. Better..less talking

“ARE YOU CRAZY!!?”  Yeah she definitely doesn’t know where she works.

“Umm...duh!” I answered sarcastically.

 “Now, you listen up. My name is Choi Jonghyun, give me my ing ID and password so I can leave.”

“I’m reporting you to the principal. You can’t just talk to me like that.”

“Ha, like I care, i’ll just tell him what you do here probably everyday”

She was dumb-founded

“Oh yeah I can do that. Just try pissing me off again, it’ll be worse than this”

She quickly handed me my ID. It was there waiting for me underneath her desk.

“The wireless password is on the back. You get better connection in here though. Now please don’t tell on me” She said nervously.

“Oh I won’t SWEETIE. Just don’t test me ok?” I smiled at her

She smiled back but she still had a confused look on

“I’m bipolar so you would have to excuse me anyways”

I started walking off, “Bye....oh and get that thing on your head fixed too. You look hideous.”

I could tell some of them in there were holding in there laughter. Some students were gaping at me, others were smirking and some even giving thumbs up and high fives.

I went to the back of the library and sat at these joint tables along the wall. I was in the middle of two guys. I started glancing around when I saw Ricky. He was sitting at the far end looking out the window, pencil in one hand and sketch pad in the other, drawing I guess.

I wanted to get a better look at what it was so I pretended to be looking for a book by a bookshelf near him. I stood there leaning slightly in the bookshelf admiring Ricky’s artistic works. He was drawing a tree from the outside of the school.

I should be sending messages but watching Ricky was way more interesting to do for some reason.

Then he got up suddenly and walked off leaving his sketch pad there, I didn’t look to see where he went, I just was focusing on his drawing. He was really good.

He coloured the tree in many different-----------

“What are you doing?” a voice from behind me said

I jumped forward, I could feel my heartbeat

I turned slowly, It was Ricky, “Oh it’s just you, I’m ummm getting some books.”

“This is the cooking section, you’re into culinary?” he said unconvinced.

“Yeah I wanna find the recipe for cheese...............muffins.” I scratched my hair nervously.

“Seriously Changjo, I saw you looking at me since you walked over.” He said amused

“Really, I was that obvious?”

“Yeah, you’re like a stalker, can’t leave me alone” he said a bit annoyed.

“Oh, well I’m sorry” I walked off.

“Wait, don’t go”

I stopped and smiled to myself. I walked back, he my hair, “Your...............different Choi Jonghyun”

Different? What does he mean, how does he know my full name? Oh, that.

I finally get a chance to talk to him alone, I looked into his eyes but then he looked away.

“I shouldn’t be talking to you, somebody is probably looking at us right now” he said frowning

“ Who cares, let them stare, they can’t hurt you.” I said confidently

“ So you think.........”

His face lit up and he grabbed my hand, “Come I know a good hiding spot”

We went  to the opposite side of the library and Ricky got under one of the tables to the corner of the room. It was good spot I doubt anyone could see us.

He giggled “Okay we can talk now”

He smiled and it made me blush a little

“Aww you’re so cute” he reached to pinch my cheeks.

I swatted his hand away” Yah stop....and I’m not cute, I’m totally hot”

Ricky chuckled, “Sure......but I’m obviously hotter than you”

“NO you’re not”

“Yes, I am” he scoffed and flipped his hair.

We both stayed silent and then burst out with laughter. Hmmm cute and funny.

“Ahh...so do you do Art here?” I changed the subject, I wanted to learn more about him.

“Ummm no m parents want me to become a doctor, they say that art gets you nowhere blah blah”

That’s a shame, “But you’re really good?”

“Hehe....ahh thanks I’m okay.....I draw as a form of relaxation ,when I’m stressing  and stuff but I have to listen to my parents, they are always right remember?” He sighed.

“Who stresses you out?”

“Stuff okay......normal things like homework, school, my disorder......ummm”

“Your boyfriend........” I added

“No he doesn’t stress me out , you should mind your own business. Everybody should” he looked really annoyed.

“Ricky why are you with him? He’s a total jerk!”

“Don’t talk about him like that” He frowned and looked down at his shoes.

Then suddenly we heard someone yelling out Ricky’s name, people were shushing him but the person didn’t seem to care.

“Oh its Joe. Don’t speak! He won’t find us.”

.............he kept calling..............

I didn’t hear the bell ring? Niel’s probably looking for me.

He was right in front of us now, we could see his shoes...........I stopped breathing.

Then he started pounding down on the desk we were under. We covered our mouths.

“Ricky get out now...giving you 5 seconds......5.......4.........3...........2...........1”

He bent down and pulled Ricky out by his hair making him scream out. “Get your little out of there” he shouted

“Owww L.Joe your hurting me!! Let go!!”

“Why were you hiding from me? Huh?..........And what are you doing with this loser?”

“He’s my friend Joe”

“Oh please...you have no friends”

“Yea ,because of you!!”

“What is that supposed to mean!?!”

 I got up from under the table, “I think I’ll be going now”

“Yeah you better leave, I don’t even want to see your face ever---- ;”

I cut him off, “Well, that’s gonna be hard for you, considering I go to the same-----------“

“JUST GET OUT!!!!” He shouted.

I scurried off to get my laptop and headed out of the library.