Similarities Cont'd

New School....New Life

(A/N: Caution this part may upset you so beware....but enjoy the afterwards)

“My family was a normal, rich, business-like family, just my mom, dad and me. My dad, the manager of this school and owner of many companies and my mom, a lonely little housewife. Everyone thought we were one big, happy family but no one knew what was going on inside. Appa, had a really huge temper and was a heavy drinker. When he got home he’d be drunk and any disagreement he would have with umma, she would.....s-sshe would be beaten until sometimes unconscious.”

 Niel was struggling to speak, voice going high on every sentence.

 “I would always stay in room, when the fights happened and sulk because I was just too scared to do anything,” tears were falling from his eyes now.

 “While all this was happening, I was.......seeing things”

“When you mean seeing things? I don’t understand”

“LIKE....SUPERNATURAL, UNEXPLAINABLE things. Here they call it ‘hallucinations’. No one really cared, just thought I was trying to get attention. I still have really weird dreams and sometimes nightmares. Well, one day I came home from school and they were already arguing as usual, I really was starting to get depressed. I heard my mother scream in a......different way......like...like she was about to die. She screamed my name and that’s when I ran out and down the stairs. My dad was hold a knife to her neck, he told me to go back to me room and it was nothing to worry about but NO I couldn’t take it any longer. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the biggest knife there. When my dad saw he.....he killed.....and then I-IIII...I stab--bb”

Niel then planted his face to my chest, sobbing loads. This was such I sad story...all I could do was hold onto him tightly. Umma always said letting it all out was the best thing to do.

He cried for some minutes and his sobs eased up a bit but he was still lying on my chest. He continued, “I just stared down at them both lying in their pools, dead. I still had the knife in my hand when the neighbour walked in.......you can assume what happened after that.”

There was a little silence but finally something came out

“I’m so sorry Niel, I hope someone could believe the truth.”

“It’s too late for that now” he frowned then sighed

 “Her....her screams still haunt me...every, single day and the same dreams keep coming back of that..that h-horrible night” He slowly sat up and was looking toward the school now, eyes bloodshot from the crying. “I sometimes think I see them walking around the school....whatever.”

I wonder who visits him, he’s an orphan now.

“Who comes to see you?”

“Kitar imo and a friend but the friend stopped coming....guess he gave up on me or something. Who cares? I got all the friends I need here.”

 He smiled and put his arm around me. “And you’re like in the top 10 of my friends list so, keep up the good work.” He grinned

“How can you be so happy after telling me a story like that?”

“Don’t get all mushy with me...I’m fine now and happens,okay? Don’t think about me too much” He pinched my cheek.

 I slapped him softly on his, “You are too full of yourself Ahn Daniel but I like you when you’re happy”

“ Yeah...this is getting way too mushy anyways...they say I’m Add or whatever.”

“ Add..add? I never heard of—OHHHH hyung it’s A.D.D  not Add”

“Pshhhh same difference” He scoffed.

Niel continued to show me the parts of the school from the outside. The cafeteria, dorms, some classes, the school wasn’t that hard to get around.

“Let’s get you to your dorm room, so you can settle in.” Niel said excited.

We walked through several hallways and finally ,we got to the stairs leading to the rooms and Niel talked the whole way there. My room number was 59. We were at number 55 now and Niel seem to know most people at the school because he had to stop and talk to everyone, I thought he was hungry....

We finally got to the room and Niel had to make a big deal of it.

“Dum duh duh duh dah dah Dum duh duh duh dah. Welcome to your suite, sir.” He said when he unlocked the door

I open the door and the room was like I expected, the walls painted gray, a small bed with white sheets, a window, a full-lengthmirror, a table with a lamp and a closet.

Niel saw my disappointed expression, “It’s not much but you can ask your parents to buy a few more things to make it look less like a jail cell.”

I just nodded and put my bags down. I was really staying here; well I guess I’ll start unpacking.

Niel watched as I started unpacking, “Oh! I see you got the memo..you only have black clothes in there.”

“Yeah, they told us that you only wear black clothes in here, not a problem for me really but I don’t understand why?”

“It doesn’t draw much attention when everyone is wearing the same colours.” Niel flopped down on my bed.

“Oh right, hyung can you----Ring!!” The bell cut me off.

“It’s lunch!”Niel started bouncing on the bed and clapping his hands. “Errr, Changjo? You don’t mind meeting me in the cafeteria right? I’m really hungry and I don’t think I can wait for you to finish, you have a lot a clothes and I think that--”

“NIEL HYUNG!! You can go....”

“Oh!! OK thanks I’ll see you there” he was already out the door, before I could answer back.

Niel poked his head by the door, “Oh! And don’t get okay”

“WHAT!” He jokes around too much. Right?