..1..

Sense

Just like every single day, Hyolin would go out for a morning jog. It’s just a routine of her exercising. No intention of getting slimmer or thinner. Just a basic exercise and a chance to see him. The park is the only source of seeing him.

She did her laps around the neighborhood park and sat on a park bench to rest. Thoughts about yesterday’s meeting still flows in her mind. She never thought it would turn out this way. She never expected to meet him… at that time… at that place… at an unexpected timing.

 

“Hello? Anyone there? Please? Help?” Hyolin shouted.

 

Hyolin was just climbing the mountains in the woods. She used to climb it every Sunday of the first week every month with her friend, Enni but unfortunately, Enni was caught up in an urgent family meeting. Hyolin was left alone. She was advised to return down before 5 but something caught Hyolin’s attention. A butterfly. Yes, a butterfly.

Following the pure yellow butterfly, she misstep and fell into a pit. The pit wasn’t very deep but Hyolin was no match to it. She couldn’t climb back up. Reaching out for her cellphone in her pocket, she dialed Enni’s number.

No signal.

Hyolin’s phone died when her phone slipped out of her hands and crashed onto one of the giant rocks there. It split right open and Hyolin could only stare at it in disbelief.

 

“Seriously? Now?”

 

She sighed and look up at the sky. The sun is almost setting.

 

“HELP! ANYONE??”

 

She was nearing the idea to give up when she heard footsteps above her.

 

“HELLO??? A LITTLE HELP HERE??? HELP!!!”

 

Hyolin shouted with all the energy that’s left.

 

“Anyone down there?”

 

A sigh of relief escaped to hear voice which does not belong to her.

 

“Yes! I’m down here. Please get help!!!” She answered the unknown man.

“Okay. Stay there.”

 

Was the last thing she heard before footsteps faded away. She waited for five minutes plus but still no sign of the man.

He did not left me here… didn’t he?

 

“Here. Grab this.”

 

Just then, a long rope was tossed down. Hyolin wrapped the rope around her hand and she was pulled up. Using the force on her legs, she pushed her way up with the help from the man. When she reached, the both of them dropped to the ground exhausted.

 

“How did you even get down there?” The man asked between his breaths.

 

“Long story short. Butterfly.” She answered wiping her sweat of her forehead with her hands. She looked up from her hands and stared at her savior. She caught a glimpse of his face. But the sunshine blinded her view for a second. She could not see him clearly.

 

“Okay then.” He stood up from his seat and was about to leave the place.

“Wait… ”

 

He turned back and gave Hyolin a questioning look. She then continued.

 

“…Thank you.”

 

“Welcome…”

He said and flashed her something. Something bright. Something attractive. Something everyone would wish to see. He flashed her, his smile before leaving.

She took out her face towel and wiped off her sweat. She was sweating and indeed exhausted.

 

He probably doesn’t even remember me.

Knowing that she’ll probably won’t meet him again. It’s not that she wanted to meet him again. It’s just that she needs to thanked him properly for saving her.

She smiled at her silly thoughts of him and grabs her bottle. Quickly globing down the last sip of water, she looked around the park searching for him.

Gazing every inch and edges of the park, she finally spotted him, in black t-shirt and baggy pants with blue converse. The boy that she often saw in the park. At that position. With his Ipod. She stared at him for a long time.

Right in the middle of an open-field, a young boy, lying on the field stress-free was zoning out and staring blankly at the sky. He has his earphones plugged and he was humming to the song. He put his hands at the back of his neck.

After like about 10 minutes, he stood up and stretched himself. Unplugging his Ipod, he walked away from the field leaving nothing behind.

Hyolin has been observing every move he made. She laughed at the way he skipped around the park before leaving. Laughing at how stalker-ish she sounded she struggled it off and went back home to prepare for school.

She has always been wondering…

What song is he listening to?

What is he staring at?

What is his name?

And the question she needs an answer to… who is he?


Let me make it clear, the boy who saved Hyolin and the boy Hyolin had been secretly 'stalking' is two different person. I hope you understand my writing skills. And mentally correct the grammar/ vocabulary mistakes you see. Mianhae~

What do you think? *-*