The Painting

~The Other World of Kpop~

EPISODE 2

“THE PAINTING”

Cast : Miss A


Everyone is busy carrying their stuff and belongings from the transporter truck respectively. The four beautiful girls that couldn’t escape from the exhausting work, kept their spirit to do the job. Although they were tired, they remain excited when they see how big and beautiful their new dorm is.

Due to their popularity these days, Idol group Miss A could experience their indulgence given by their agency company. And their CEO made their wish came true by gave them a bigger dorm to add a dance studio in the house for Min, Jia and Fei, also a simple gym for Suzy who has been practicing hard for her upcoming action drama. Not only that, they got bonus to the upstairs veranda which is huge enough to have some relaxing activity on there.

They were so admiring their new dormitory with all of its beauty. So, they couldn’t see what exactly hidden inside. The strangeness in it.

“This is the last one”, Jia said as she placed down a box contained wiht a table-wear near to Fei’s feet. Suzy glanced toward the content and frowned her forhead.

Eonni, Should we buy new table-wear? You know, new house with new  table-wear, that would be gain much of our pleasant mood”

The magnae’s statement approved by the nodding that came from Jia, “Good idea! I want to buy some strawberry-shaped glasses and plates, that would be cute”

But Min shook her head, “Maybe later, guys. Now we should settle all these things up first!” she commanded with her eyes alternately looked into stacks of boxes that filled up the room.

Suzy and Fei began to unpack their stuffs into their room. They are a roommate now, they took the room upstairs, acrossed to the other room where Min and Jia decided to take. Actually there is another room at the end of the corridor, but they made a decision to changed it into a private library remembering Miss A members are happened to be a books holic, all of them. Also their fans often gave them good books so it would be a great idea to have a library at home.

When Suzy stored the last emptied box into the basement, for a brief time her eyes were cought something. Something that hidden behind the old boxes on woodden rack. When she found out what it is, she flashed herself upstairs where the rest of the girls were having a break time on their comfy pink couch.

 “Hey, look what I found!” Suzy exclaimed as her right hand raised up a ragged object.

  All the rest of the girls were squinting. “What’s that?” Jia asked.

  “Is that...a doll?” Fei narrowed her eyes. Definitely trying so hard to examined what exactly the object is.

  Suzy nodded in excitement and she looked at the hand-made doll in her hand. “Isn’t it cute?”

  “Cute?” Min frowned in disbelief. “That thing is dirty and ugly. It’s creepy”

  “Eonni, can I keep it?” Suzy smiled wider as if she doesn’t hear her older’s comment.

  “Do whatever you want. You’re the one who found that” Min raised up her body and walked tooward the untidy kitchen and  grabed a bottle of mineral water from the refrigerator.

          Suzy jumped in happy. She vanished to the laundry room as she placed down the little girl doll looks-a-like into a bucket full of water. The hair is black with some hairs were pulled off from its head. Its also wearing a green dress which has been covered in dust for so unknown time. The face was also covered in dirt, but the eyes were still sharp and in vivid black. The doll has a smirk lips formed. It looks like it was mocking to whoever it staring at.

But despite all of that, Suzy still believe it was cute. She washed the doll’s green dress and she wiped of the dirt on its face. So, less than twenty minutes she finished cleaned the doll up. It’s looks like it was something new, unless you wiped the hair up then you’ll see part of its head was bald.

“Let me introduce you to Na Na!” Suzy proudly showing her new doll to her eonnies when they were having a dinner.

“Wow, you cleaned it up. It looks....clean” Min compliment pretending to be suprised. Then she continued eating her soup.

“You give it a name, allready?” Fei raised her brows high.

“Let me see it” Jia reached out her hand across the table to take the doll but Suzy hold it tight, hold it away from Jia’s hand.

“Be carefull. She’s fragile. Be gentle!” she demanded.

The three of them exchanging glares. Suzy was always amazed by some stuff she liked but not so possesive. But apparently she wasn’t herself when she talking about the doll.

# # #

For the next two weeks, Suzy couldn’t be away from that doll. She always carry it everywhere. Sleep with it and even talkes to it as if it could give her a respond. But her attitude was changed completely after in one their free day, Jia brought a painting that she acclaimed had found in the basement. The painting was very old and has a burned on the bottom side. It looks like it has been burning or something, eventhough the rest of it was fine. Jia was recognized something, that’s why she brought the painting up.

In a smirked, Jia showed Suzy the painting. She pointing to the thing that the girl in the painting was having on her lap. A doll.

“That’s Na Na, right?” Jia kept her eyes opened wide and her lips kept forming a smirked.

Suzy narrowed her eyes to make sure what Jia said was right. And Jia was right. The little girl in the painting is sitting on a little chair and on her lap, lied a girl with a green dressed doll. Na Na.

“But it’s a bit different” Suzy finally said.

“What’s the different. They both are same, Suzy” Jia insisted.

“Yeah, It’s Na Na. Definitely” Fei who joined the group chimed in.

“So it...eh, Na Na...was actually belongs to the girl in the painting, am I right?” Jia said carefully.

“Was that mean the kids is daughter of this house former owner? We found both the doll and the painting here”

“It could be” Suzy answered.

“Woww, that was creepy!” Suddenly Min exclaimed after finished taking a bath. She joined the group too. “The girl and Na Na both are” she whispered in a very low voice to Fei. Trying hard not letting Suzy hear it.

“Suzy-ah, You should be carefull” Jia suddenly put her scary face as she staring at the magnae.

Wae?” Suzy steped back.

“She could be coming to your room and asking for her doll baaaackhhh...” Jia making a scary voice and extended her both hands. Unfortunately Suzy seems buy the words. Her expression changed into a shocked.

“Stop talking nonsense!” Min smacked Jia at the back of her head.

“Yeah. There is no way this girl could come out of the painting, Babo!” Fei added another smacked.

“I’m just kidding, guys. Please!” Jia robbed the sore on her head and walked to the living room following Min and Fei. But Suzy still frozen in front of the painting. Her eyes glued to it. She doesn’t blink.

# # #

The other night when they arrived at home from their busy schedules, Min, Jia and Suzy took bath and headed to sleep. Fei were still having another schedule to rehearsal for “Dancing with the star” program. So she would be coming home so late or even maybe she’ll stay out all night.

Min were in the middle of dreaming when she suddenly waken up by the unexpected visit from Suzy. Min forced to open her eyes in annoyed as she felt Suzy snuggled into her blanket.

“Yah! What is wrong with you? get back to your room!” Min groaned in disgust.

Suzy covered her whole body with the blanket, “She’s coming” she whispered, surprisingly in a trembling voice.

“Who’s coming? Fei? It’s good then. What’s the problem?”

“No, Not Fei eonni” this time Min could feel Suzy’s whole body shaking.

“Then, who?” Min tried to be patient.

“The girl in the painting” Suzy glared toward the door.

“Wh-what?” Min got up in sitting position, make sure she doesn’t missheard of what the magnae just said.

“She’s asking for her doll back. She’s coming to me. I’m scared” Suzy now have from head to toe covered up by the blanket. She keeps mumbling, “She come. She come. Eotteokhae?

Min sigh sharply and groaned in disbelief. She stepped her foot on the floor and heading to Jia’s bedroom in annoying. This must be one of her prank.  She should cut it out.

Min pulled up Jia’s blanket, hoping the owner wasn’t there. Hiding from pranked on Suzy. But Jia was there. Gasping sharp as the blanket reveal her body.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you!” She snapped Min and snatched the blanket then covered her body back.

“You-you’re sleeping?” Min asked a bit anxious.

“Of course I am. What do you expect? Swimming?” Jia snapped Min with her eyes still shut.

But Min didn’t buy it. This stupid girl was pretty good in acting. She might lying. “Yah! Don’t pretending to sleep! I know you pranked on Suzy!”

“Prank? What prank?”

“You’re the one who told her that the girl in the painting would come out and ask for her doll back! Now looks at Suzy. She was right now, shaking like a creeped out kitten!”

“You know I’m just kidding. I don’t believe she even buy it”

“I’m not lying eonni!” Suddenly Suzy got up.

“Oh, stop it!” Min stomped her feet.

“She’s coming!” Suzy squealed.

“Then where is she? If she want to ask her thing back, she should tell me. I’m in charge here!” Min furiously oppened the room’s door then in a second later, she frozen.

In the door way, stood a little girl. She doesn't look like the girl in the painting at all. she was different. She is a korean little girl with the left side of her face was burned, With a messed long-black-haired and dirty dress. Her face was somehow melting as a zombie. Her head was leaned to her right shoulder. And unfortunately, with those creepy bleeding eyes, she was staring at Min.

“Canhh I gethhh Myhhh doll backhhh?” she asked with her scary hoarse voice, then she moving her head to leaned on her left shoulder. She smirked.

“Arrrrgggghhhhhh!”

 The creepy girl stop at the end of the bed. She stil smirked. Suzy grabbed the doll and tossed it to the ground.

"Here. Take it back. And go away!"

The girl went silent. She looking straight to Suzy. She moved forward. Limping.

"Prettyhhhhh...." she said. Her hands extended, reach out for Suzy. Suzy froze as if she turn into a statue. Now the girl was standing right before her eyes.

"Pretty girlhhhh...You could be my doll...."

She reach out Suzy's face and cupped her.

"My pretty dollhhhh...."

"Argggggghhhhhhhhhhh!"

 

THE END

 

A/N : Errrrg....I know This chap was sound weird. Especially with the ending.So, please comment.