Truth or Dare

~The Other World of Kpop~

EPISODE 3

"Truth or Dare"

Cast : T-ara


 

“Make it bigger!” I shouted  impatiently to my friend So Yeon who eventually tried to make a firecamp. We are running out of burnable things, that’s why the fire wasn’t very satisfying us, especially me.

“How?!” she dropped the stick and staring at me in disgust.

“Add some more branches, that’s how!” I hugged my knees and staring back at her

“Then go out there and found yourself, Eun Jung-ah”. This time Q-ri commanded me in her sarcastic way of speaking.

I pouted at her and zipped my jacket up to my chin. I’m not going out there, walking through the stupid snow storm. I don’t want to be freezing to death. And I know none of my friend will do that either. That’s the reason why we were stick to the lame fire camp in front of us right now.

“It’s fine. It’s warm enough. Good job So Yeon-ah!” Boram, the eldest among us comforted the annoyed So Yeon. She was always been become the one who breaks up the intense, especially in this kind of situation.

It was all of my stupid idea’s fault that we were ended up traped in blackout inside the old, creepy school’s warehouse. I took them from their study to have some fun. You know, sneaking around and grab some food from the cafeteria. Stole actually. And do some chats about boys.

We were schooled in all girls boarding highschool. The school was so strict about the student’s intention for having some fun. All we have to do is study, study and study. That’s why, sneaking around was actually pretty fun. Feeling to be a rebellious somehow. It’s fun. Well, at first until the whole neighborhood village were drown into a blackout. With the electricity off and the freezing wind went through the window, the clinck and clunk sound that the wind also made it upon the window glass, the scratching sound that the branches made, how could I called that fun? It was hell!

We couldn’t get out of and back to our dorm because the heavy snow that kept falling and washed away by the speedy wind. It can even made a cut on your skin if you stubbornly enough to break through it. Trust me, I’ve tried. And it hurts. A LOT.

As the result, we were waiting for the storm to end. Sitting in circle with the fire in the middle of us. I robbed my both hand to make myself warmer. BoRam, So Yeon, and Hyoming extended their hands closer to the fire. Da Ni couldn’t stop moving her body back and forth. She also let out a soft-low humming.

“Da Ni, stop it!” I shrieked at her.

“What?” she turned at me and made face, “I’m just practicing my song. What’s wrong with you?”

“You’re freaking out” Q-ri grinned.

“Who aren’t?!” I shot her. Hugged my knees tighter.

“Well, it was all your fault anyway” Da Ni smirked as she adjusting her long-black hair.

“I’m bored” Bo ram mumbling as she leaned her head on the box next to her.

“Yah. Aren’t there anyone who noticed that we’re gone?” So Yeon wondering, “Teachers at least?”

“If they found us, we were doomed. We are going to be a slave forever, cleaning out the whoooole school. That stupid detention” Q-ri made a wacky hand motion. Mocking the teachers facial expression.

“I prefer to be expelled. Then I’m free” Hyo Min smirked in amused.

“Yeah, and our parent who were the one that’s gonna kill us!” I twirled up my lips.

“I’m bored!” once again Bo Ram repeated.

“There’s nothing we could do! Just be patient!” I shot her. She mumbled a cursed at me.

“Ah!” Hyo Min exclaimed and pulled out an emptied soju bottle from the back of the old piled of stacks. “We can play game”

“What game?” Da Ni moved closer, interested.

“Spinning bottle. Truth or dare”

“Yah, tha’s too…” I said.

“IM IN!” So Yeon, Da Ni and Bo Ram shouted. Unexpectedly moving closer in excitement. I sigh and do the same. In annoyed.

“Ok, I’ll go first!” Hyo Min spun the bottle. And it stopped. With the head of it, pointing at me. Everyone eyes were on me.

“Allright En Jung-ah, truth or dare?” Hyo Min asked.

I’m thinking for a while. Then I answered, “Truth”

Da Ni snorted hard, “Coward” she whispered to Bo Ram. I scoffed and crossed my armes.

“Tell us the truth. Nothing but the truth!”

I nodded.

“Did you pay Sun MI to do your math homework?” So Yeon, for the twentieth times asking me. I rolled my eyes. Why couldn’t she just get over it. She doesn’t feel ease as everyone knows I got an A on my math. Because she was always being the perfect one. The most clever persong in school.

“Tell the truth!” she demanding again.

“I did. Happy?” I answered freely, as if it wasn’t a big deal at all.

“You’re such a hypocrite, Ham Eun Jung!” So Yeon threw a gravel at me. It hit my neck. I hissed at her.

“I’ll go tell teacher Shin. You don’t deserved A, You deserved a SLAP!” Da Ni and So Yeon giggled at each other. Those brats!

I spun eh bottle without warning. Then it stop on Da Ni. Her giggled stoped immediately.

“Truth or Dare, Kim Da Ni?” I challenged. Staring right through her eyes that had a fire reflection on it.

She upward her body and smile in confident. “Dare!” she staring at me back. Make her face feels so much of the devil appearance.

It’s my turn to smirked at her. I shoved my hand into my pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. “I dare you to read this. OUT LOUD!”

She snatched the paper from me and peered down at it.

“What is it?” Hyo Min got closer and narrowed her eyes as she read.

“it’s a spell”

“For what?” Bo ram gasped softly.

“For summon..ghosts” I smiled at Da Ni. “Go to the door. Knock three times and read the spell”

“Where did you get this?” Bo Ram allready shivered.

“Seniors. I just wanted to know that it’s actually work. Or not, so…”

“Fine. I’ll do it. What’s the big deal” Da Ni headed toward the iron door and stood in front of it. She looked over her shoulder and smiled at us. “I’ll prove it, that it was just a stupid spell. Coz there is no such things as ghosts”

She turned and staring at the door. She raised up her palm and knocks.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

“Makunda Estrata Montose Conda demonto”

We were waiting. Holding our breath. Waiting. Nothing happened.

Da Ni turned over at us and smiling in celebrate. “See. Told you!”

“HELP!!!”

Suddenly we heard a bang on the door. A crying for help.

All of us got up in fast and closer ourselves.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

“Anybody in there?” the voice sounded like a girl.

Da Ni stepped back and gulped hard. So do all of us.

“hello. Is anyone inside? Please let me in” she banged and screaming again.

“Don’t open!” Bo Ram yelled at Da Ni. “It’s probably the..ghost you’ve summoned”

“It’s probably someone who needs our help” Da Ni put her poker brave face. I knew she was scared too.

“HELP!” The girl scream again.

“Ask her if she was a ghost?” Hyo Min with her stupid question.

“Hello, are you a ghost?” So Yeon and her stupid question too.

Da Ni looked over the window and peeked. She gasped hard. She turned at us again.

“It’s a girl. She was soak in wet. She needs our help” Da Ni opened upt the door chined that kept it locks from in side. A the door wide opened, the slim figure revealed upon the door way.

It was a girl. In our age. Still wearing uniform. She was from head to toes, soaked in wet. She keps gasping hard. Then she smiled at us in relief.

“Thank you. Glad someone inside” She step in, made hr face looks cleared.

She looks…normal. Like us. I sigh in relief.

“Get in. You must be freezing” I invited us. Glaring at the rest of the girls who seems doubt bout her.

“I was lost. I’m new here. Then I saw a smoked from inside. So I guess that someone must be inside”

She explained as she approached the fire.

“Are you knew?”

“Yeah. from the next village. I was doing my school things and I got lost”

“How did you ended up near our school?” Ask Bo Ram examined her.

“I was walking down the road at the back of this school to find some help. Then I found you guys. Thanks for letting me in” she smiled. She has nothing a ghost appereance. I’m sure of it.

We were sitting in circle again. Still have our eyes on the girl.

“Why you huys looks so intense?” she asked, exchanging looks to all of us.

“Ah, nothing.” I said shaking my head. “Ah, Im Eun Jung, this is Hyo Min, Bo Ram, So Yeon and Da Ni” I introduced them to her.

“I’m Ji Yeon” she answered with ther eye smiled. The girl’s eyes stop at the bottle on the floor. “What are you guys doing?”

“A game. Truh or dare” Hyo Min said, “Wanna play?”

Then the girl smirked. “I’m in”

Da Ni spun the bottle again and it stop on Hyo Min.

“Truth please” she answered without being asked.

“Do you like Yeo Seob?” Bo Ram asked

I rolled my eyes. Yeo Seob is one of our youngest teacher. Why she addressed him informally.

“No” Hyo Min made face, “I like Dong Hyun”

Dong Hyun is the son of our principal who school at the next co-ed school.

Bo Ram let out a sigh in relief, “GOOD. I still have chance”

Bo ram was two years of crush to our teacher. But since Hyo Min was the ace among the boys’ hunter and always got every boy she wants, Bo Ram was pissed and annoyed. That’s why she asked.

“Cih. What did you see on him?” Hyo Min mocked.

Ji yeon laughing.

Hyo Min spun the bottle and it stop on Ji Yeon. We turned at her and asked, “Truth or dare” in unison.

“Truth. I’m too tired for dare” she answered waving her wet hair.

“Tell us your biggest secret!” I asked.

She immedieately stop of whatever she was doing and she was saring at us.

“Really?”

“Come on tell us. The truth”

She nodded slowly. She looking at our each curious eyes. She leaned forward. And whispered.

“I can see… dead people”

We gasped. Then made face, “Eih, you’re just imitating the movie. Don’t be joking. Tell the truth!”

“yeah” The rest chimed in.

“I mean it. I do!”

“Then prove it!” Da Ni shot her.

She once again alternately lookin at us. She ped her backpack and pulled out something. A newspaper. She handed it to us and we read it.

“The old school warehouse was burned into ashes due the storm and the electricity consleting. Killed six students”

I saw a photo. The six girls that killed.

“Is that…US?” Bo Ram look at the paper in horror. Hyo Min, So yeon, and Da Ni were shaking.

Yes the picture are..US.

“What does it mean!” I threw the paper in front of Ji Yeon.

“Don’t you get it. You’re all…DEAD!”

“Argggggggggh!”

I heard all of us except Ji Yeon were screaming at the top of our lungs. I felt hot in my skin. I can see a fire on my body. I looked at all of my friend. They were melting. And they were screaming in pain.

“What happened!” I yelled at Ji Yeon.

“Now you guys are know that you were dead. Be peace. Go to the other world where you’ve actually belongs to. Rest in Peace.”

Ji Yeon were holding into her neck liontin. She closed her eyes and pray.

 I could feel more burned in me. I turned black. I saw fire everywhere. Then I vanished.

 

# # #

“How was it. Are they gone?” a midlle-age of man coming in to the ware house. Looking around.

Ji Yeon smiled. “They were gone. They won’t haunt this warehouse again”

“Thanks”, then the man giving an envelope to her, “Good job. I think it’s enough for you”

Ji Yeon peeked at the content and smiled in amused. “Thanks so much, Dong Hyun Sonsaengnim. Now I’ll go get other job. Lot’s of ghosts wandering around He he he” she bowed and opened the iron door and walked out into the sunny day.

THE END

 

A/N : Next chap. I hope you don’t confused. Please comment. Thanks for reading.