24 hours left

24 hours

My eyes flew open and I looked around.Everything in this room looks exactly like the ones in my room.I turned to glance at the clock on my bedside table.6.50 a.m.I lay in bed and stared into space,feeling disappointed.

I got tricked by God.Damn it.

I rolled of my bed lazily and crawled towards the door.I grabbed onto the handle and pulled myself up on my feet.Scratching my head,I opened the door and headed towards the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Thanks," I heard a familiar voice say.

I stopped at the door of the kitchen,and my jaw dropped to my feet.There,in front of me,sat two people who looked just like my parents,but more aged and tired.The woman looked towards my direction with a worn-out expression and spoke.

"Dear,I think I'm hallucinating.I see Hillary standing at the door."

What?

The man looked up from his morning paper,wearing an even more tired expression."I think I'm hallucinating too," He looked at me for a little longer before looking back at his morning paper. "Maybe it'll go away after awhile."

I felt irritated and I spoke."Yeah,I'm going away and back to heaven in..." I glanced at the clock that hung beside the fridge and on the wall. "...23 hours and 45 minutes time."

The woman blinked."Dear,it's talking."

What? I'm human,so I obviously talk! Even ghosts talk too.

I brought my hand up to my forehead and massaged it."For goodness sake,Mummy.I'm Hillary,and I'm human.I'm not a hallucination." I walked towards my mom,grabbed her hand,placed it on my face and slapped myself a few times. "See? I'm real.I'm not even a ghost or a spirit.I'm a living and breathing Hillary.Get it?"

My mom looked at me with a confused expression before the burst into tears and hugged me tight.

"Hillary! You are Hillary! So you weren't dead after all,but you went into hiding.Oh,Hillary," My mom wept. "How can you play such a cruel trick on me and Daddy for so long?"

My dad held my hand and grabbed it tight before he embraced both me and my mother.My dad's eyes were rimmed with tears.

"Girl,don't ever play such a trick on Mummy and Daddy again." My dad said after he and mom let me go,his voice quivering.

I took in a deep breath to break the news to them,although I found it ironic since I thought they were the ones who organised my funeral and saw me getting cremated and all."Actually,Mummy and Daddy,I am dead.The reason why I'm back is because I had unfinished business to do,so God gave me a day to finish whatever I did not manage to complete a year ago.I'm back as a human just for a day,and I'll be gone tomorrow at 6.50 a.m." I smiled gently at my parents who looked as if they were about to cry again. "I'm doing very well in heaven,so don't you worry.And guess what? I'll be taking my 'O' levels in heaven in 2 months' time! I'm confident that I'll get into a good Junior College,so be proud of me!" I tried to bring up the mood.

"Hillary..."

I gave my parents my best smile before I ran off to the living room to take out a camera.

"Here," I handed my dad the camera. "Let's take some family shots at home,since this will be the only present I can give you two to make up for my death."

Dad took the camera from my hands and smiled bravely.My mother wiped away her tears and smiled sweetly.

Snap.