14 hours left

24 hours

"Get some rest now.I'll see you later at 4.30 a.m and fetch you," Chansung said to me and I nodded as a response.I watched him leave before I went back into the flat.

"Mom,Dad,I'm home!" I shouted into the house and my mom popped her head out from her room.

"Hi honey,how was your day?"

"It was wonderful!" I told her about what happy things happened today.My mom listened to me attentively,and I saw her eyes filled with indescribable sadness.My heart wrenched itself into a tight ball and I hurriedly wrapped up the conversation to go to my room so that my mother wouldn't see my tears falling.

I sat on my bed and looked all around me.All my things were still put in their original places,and they were not covered in dust.My eyes started to fill up with tears and I started to sob silently.I knew my parents cleaned up my room everyday,and I could imagine how painful it was for them to be constantly reminded that their teenage daughter died for the past 1 year.I know that they missed my voice and my greetings.I know that they missed me saying 'I love you' to them.They missed everything when it was normal.They miss it.They missed me.

I stood up and pulled out the chest I hid under my bed.It was just as clean as the rest of my room.I brushed my hand over the surface of the chest before opening it.The contents of the box were things that I kept which I loved or found memorable before my death.I packed them all up into piles — one for my parents,another one for Chansung and the last one for my best friend,Cordelia.I wrote a note to all of them and slipped them into bags were I put the pile of things in.

"Hillary,it's time for dinner!"

I rushed to the kitchen and sat down at the dining table to have a final meal with my parents.We joked and chatted like good times,and I brought my laptop out of my room to film videos of us 3 having fun.We continued to enjoy ourselves until it was time for my parents to go to bed.My parents pulled me into an embrace and we stayed that way for quite awhile before my parents pulled back.Their eyes were filled with tears,and I could see that they were thankful to be able to see me once again,even if it was just a day.

"Nights Mummy,nights Daddy!" I pecked both their cheeks."I love you forever!" I brought both my arms over my head and formed a huge heart shape.My mom and dad looked at me kindly.

"We love you forever,too."

I grinned stupidly before rushing into my room and contemplating on what to do.Suddenly,an idea came to me and I became excited about it. 

I pulled out my old camcorder to see if it was still working.When I saw that it was still working and that there was still 3 bars of battery left,I pulled out some SD cards that I stored up when I was 13 and started filming a video diary for my parents,Chansung and Cordelia.

"Since they'll miss my voice when I'm gone,I better record down the moment of myself while I'm still alive," I spoke to myself cheerfully.

I began filming until 11 p.m,talking about random things and my personal feelings.I sighed loudly after I was done and stretched my body lazily.I slumped onto my bed and closed my eyes.

My memories rushed back to me.All the ups and downs in my life,all the good and happy times,and all the miserable days.My mind rushed back to the time when I was diagnosed with leukaemia.

 

<2 years ago>

 

"Leu...kae...mia?" I articulated every syllable individually.My parents remains silent and looked down.It was written all over their faces,that I was in the face of death.Feeling suffocated by the tense mood,I started to laugh."Oh,the cancer of the white blood cells? I've always wanted to be more pure,and now that I have more white blood cells in my body,isn't this all so fitting? Ha ha!"

My parents looked at me with the kind of expression I never wanted to see coming from my parents.I felt like I was being bullied,but by my parents' eyes.I wanted to puke,the sight of them looking at my pitiful self was so strangely disgusting.I hated those looks,the ones that shows sadness but actually says 'You're 1 milimetre away from death'.

"Get out," I ordered,my voice icy cold. I tossed my frail body to one side so that I didn't have to look at my parents.

"Hillary..."

"Go.I don't want to see you now.Leave the room immediately,"

I heard my parents sigh as their footsteps trailed away.I waited for the door to shut before I huddled under my covers and cried quietly.I was disappointed at my parents for not comforting me and made me try to comfort myself.I felt like,to them,my fate has already been determined: I was definitely going to die.

"I don't want to die...I am going to survive...I'm going to get well and proudly announce to the world that I survived leukaemia!" I exclaimed in between my sobs.

"You better," I heard a male voice reply to me. "you better get well soon and announce to the Taekwondo Club that you beat leukaemia!"

This voice...

I threw my covers and saw Chansung sitting there.

"W-w-wha..." I stuttered. "What on earth are you doing here?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Chansung's hands were holding onto a bouquet of beautifully wrapped flowers.He handed them to me. "Here.For you."

I gladly accepted the flowers and smelt it.

"They're called 'Yarrow',which symbolises good health.Since I gave this to you,all the more you should get well."

"You prepared this whole bouquet?" I was astonished.The President of the Taekwondo club actually went his way out for me? That's something new,since he always teased me during training.I've always had the impression of him being a big bully.

Chansung blushed a little. "Yes,I did,with some of the other members," he mumbled and I eyed at him suspiciously. "it was Cordelia's idea though! She bought the flowers and made up learn how to arrange it."

I giggled to myself because I knew that he was lying.Cordelia was allergic to flower pollen.

"That's so Cordelia," I played along. "but what's with this random purple flower here in the middle?"

"Uhm," Chansung turned beet red. "I just randomly bought it on the way here and stuck it in the middle so that you'll get 2 kinds of flowers."

"Mmm," I mumbled. "So what kind of flower is it?"

Chansung hesitated before answering."It's a purple lilac."

"What does it symbolise?"

"First..." Chansung's voice trailed off after he blurted out the first word.

"First..?"

"...The first flower that I saw at the shop and I I bought it didn't I tell you that already?" Chansung spoke so quickly that there were no distinct breaks in between words.

"Hee..."

"My mission here is done," Chansung hurriedly swung his bag over his shoulder and brisk-walked towards the door. "See you when you get well.I still want to spar with you.Your Taekwondo skills .I still don't understand why are you a red belt.Bye."

I smiled at myself.

Thank you for comforting me,Chansung.

Thank you for not thinking that my fate has already been determined.

Thank you for having faith in me.