20 hours and 30 minutes left

24 hours

We arrived at Universal Studios Singapore,and I headed to the ticketing queue.As I was walking there,a hand grabbed my wrist.I turned back and saw Chansung grabbing my wrist with one hand and holding two tickets in the other. "I have tickets here.My parents gave them to me yesterday,and asked me to bring someone along today.I didn't know who to ask,until you texted me." He handed one ticket to me.

"Thank you," I gladly accepted the ticket.Chansung gave me a wide grin and dragged me off into Universal Studios.

Wait...I'm being dragged along by Chansung?!

My heart began to pound against my chest and I began to feel self-conscious.Oh my god,Chansung is holding my wrist!

"What's the matter?" I heard Chansung say.He looked at my wrist which he was holding on to and smirked.Holding up my wrist,he spoke.

"Oh,you're worried about this? Then,how about," Chansung's hand slipped into my palm. "this?"

I gasped and then covered my mouth with my free hand.I felt myself turning red and Chansung laughed.

"Let's pretend that we're on a date,shall we?" He said and beamed at me like a child.Still taking my hand,he dragged me into the amusement park.My heart felt like it was going to burst at any given moment because of what Chansung said.I simpered to myself and skipped to match Chansung's footsteps.

~~~

We played everything twice within 5 hours because the queues were short,except the 'Cylon'.I dragged Chansung to play at the 'Cylon' with me,but he hesitated and refused to move because he was afraid of the spins.

"Don't be such a wimp," I scolded. "You've already played at the 'Human' roller-coaster,so this should be alright for you!"

"This one has 360 degrees turns!" Chansung whined. I rolled my eyes and let go of his hand.

"Fine,I shall ride on it by myself," I stomped off towards the direction of the start of the 'Cylon' queue. "What a wimp."

As I waited,someone s his hands around my waist and I froze,afraid to even move an inch.The person's head rested on my shoulder and whispered into my ear.

"Don't leave me alone like that."

I turned to look at the person and realised that it was Chansung.He peered up at me innocently from my shoulder and I sighed before nodding my head.How could I reject him if he looked at me like that?

Chansung removed his hands from my waist and queued with me.We stood in silence,enjoying each other's company.I glanced at my watch, and realised that it was already 3.30 p.m. We've been waiting for 10 minutes,and the queue has not moved an inch.I felt a little annoyed,since I never had to queue for so long in heaven.I tapped my foot in annoyance and rested my arm on the railing.

"Hey,Hillary," Chansung broke the silence.

"Hmm?"

"Didn't they cremate your body already?" Chansung asked hesitantly,as if he was afraid of touching on a forbidden topic.

"Yeah,they did," I answered him coolly. "You were there at my funeral?"

Chansung raised a brow and gave me a surprised look. "Yes,I was.Didn't you see me?"

"Nope,since I didn't attend my own funeral," I gave an unconvincing laugh. "Which dead spirit bears to watch their physical self getting burnt into nothing but ash and dust after spending so much time with it?"

Chansung nodded sadly and opened his mouth to speak,but closed it again.Somehow understanding what he wanted to ask,I started to speak.

"This body is actually my body in heaven.My physical body is like a photograph,and my body in heaven,or my spirit,is just like an undeveloped film of the same photograph.The reason why you can see and touch me now is because my spirit is being materialised," I explained.

"Will you stay here forever until you grow old and die?"

"I wish that that would happen," I smiled bravely and sighed. "Just like how exposing a film to sunlight will destroy and make the images disappear,I will also disappear from the face of this world very soon."

"When?"

"Tomorrow morning,at 6.50 a.m."

Our conversation stopped there and we stood side by side in silence.Suddenly,Chansung grabbed my hand and started advancing up the queue,cutting everyone else's queue.

"Hey,what's with that..."

"Dude,get back in line..."

"Hey,no shoving!"

"Oi​1,don't cut queue leh2!"

"Walao eh3​..."

"Chansung! What are you doing?!" I yelled at him.

"We're getting on first," Chansung replied.

Huh?

"We could had waited for our turn!"

Chansung stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me.I stopped as well,shocked by what I was seeing.

Chansung had a pained expression on his face,and his eyes were filled with tears that threatened to spill.He sniffed once,then another time before he screamed at me.

"How can you say that?" Chansung screamed at me. "You know that you don't have much time left already,so why are you still so considerate about others? Why do you never think about yourself? You're slowly dying as each second passes,and you're not going to be here on Earth after I wake up tomorrow!"

"But it's just a ride..."

"Precisely because it's just a ride,so I wanted you to ride it now so that I can bring you to other places to play before today ends," Chansung openly cried. "You're a ticking time-bomb,so I need to make use of every second you're left with to make you happy before you leave!"

Plop.

My tears started to flow down my cheeks without warning.The whole queue fell silent,and nobody uttered a single word or moved an inch.I felt everyone's gazes boring into me,and I felt even more saddened.I'm a ticking time-bomb and I knew it.I did not feel anything when the 24-hours time-bomb started to tick,but now I felt dreadful.It finally hit me.I was going to die again in less than 24 hours' time.

"If you have time to remain silent and cry," a kind voice started to speak. "you might as well come and ride the roller-coaster now,"

I looked up and saw a familiar looking lady smiling at me and motioning me to cut her queue.Chansung dried his tears and wiped mine away with his thumbs before gently holding my hand and leading me up.

That lady...

She gave me a radiant smile that dimpled her cheeks."See you later," I heard her say when I walked past her.

...she materialised as well,didn't she?

 

1;means 'hey' or 'yo'. Singlish word.

2; it's a word placed behind a sentence used to command or complain about something (from Sam Driscoll's video: Singapore is Awesome). Singlish word.

3; Walao means 'what the hell' or somthing along that line,and 'eh' is used to place more emphasis on the word 'walao' in this phrase.'Eh' can also have another meaning.Singlish word.