Gaseumi Sorichyeo Marhae (Call Out My Heart)

No Other

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Almost done…” I murmured, taping the last piece of paper to the wall. I stepped back and admired my work. I smiled at the piece in front of me, imagining the squeals of delight that would come from my beloved. I knew Sungmin would love what I did, because I didn’t usually do things like this often. But it was for my Minnie, who believed actions were louder than words. For my Sungmin, I would scream that I love him from the top of the highest mountain. Doing this shows my love for him, as I never show my real emotions to people outside my group. Most people believe me to be cold and heartless, as I am always sarcastic when talking to people outside of my circle of friends.

I looked up at the mural once more. I can just see my bunny’s face light up with happiness and joy. The wall was covered in colorful pictures, all showing love in its different forms. The pictures formed a huge heart in the middle. It was a good thing that Valentine’s Day was soon. I was going to leave this up here until the day after Valentine’s Day. The heart declared my love, as it said “Saranghaeyo, Minnie” in the middle of it. I honestly knew my bunny would love it. I just wanted to see my Sungmin smile. A real smile. If most people in Neul Paran high were asked, they would say that Sungmin is the happiest person in school. Sungmin was always smiling and skipping and laughing. But those people don’t know the pain that Sungmin’s been through, and that pain is still evident in his eyes. No one knew Sungmin better than our group, and no one has known of Sungmin’s haunting past, other than us.

***

“Kyu…help…please!” Sungmin cried out from the other line. I heard crashing noises, as I ran out of my house and down the street. As I neared Sungmin’s house, I called Leeteuk and told him to get everyone down here. Since he is the oldest out of all of us, he was usually the first one any of us called. I felt like Sungmin was going to need the entire group today.

The crashing noises got louder, as I kicked the door down. The first thing my eyes found was Sungmin’s father with a broken beer bottle in his hand. As I got closer, I saw my Minnie’s face, covered in blood. I yelled out his name, hoping to see him still alive and conscious. His eyes opened halfway before he whispered a faint “Kyu…” and then fluttered shut.

I felt the stinging of the hot acid tears falling from my eyes as the red spots started to cloud my vision. All the rational thought I had went out the window. I stepped closer to the monster that caused my Minnie so much pain. He wasn’t even Sungmin’s father to me anymore, just some person that now had to be exterminated from the world. I started to punch him with everything I had. My rage was at the forefront of my mind. I kept hitting the bastard until I saw blood oozing from his nose and mouth. I was so consumed in killing this vile creature, that I barely noticed the hand that was placed on my shoulder.

“Kyuhyun! Stop it!” Leeteuk’s voice rang out, full of authority. I could feel myself being pulled back, probably by Shindong and Siwon. Slowly, the red faded from my eyes and I immediately looked around for my Minnie. I started to hyperventilate when I couldn’t find him.

“I put him to sleep.” Heechul spoke, quietly coming down the stairs. The arrogance in his voice was not there, instead being filled with dread and sadness. The look on Chullie’s face was heartbreaking, as he hardly ever gets upset. It’s even rarer for him to cry and show his real emotions. But this was one of those rare times. I didn’t spend enough time in the room to see his tears fall, as my Sungmin was more important to me right now. Hankyung is the only one who would be able to comfort Heechul anyway.

When I reached his room, I hesitated. What if he didn’t want to see me? I beat up the only blood relative he had! I doubt after today, Sungmin would want to stay with the douche. It’s no matter; he can always come live with me. I gathered up all my courage and opened the door. The sight in front of me made my heart drop. Sungmin’s angelic face was twisted up in pain, sweat dripping from his forehead. He tossed and turned. Soft whimpers coming out of his mouth. When I shut the door, he slowly opened his eyes.

“Kyu?” he whispered. My heart broke for him. No one deserved to go through what Minnie went through. Especially not my Sungmin. He was just too innocent and sweet to go through the pain of abuse. I took a deep breath and walked to his bed, kneeling next to him and clutching his hand.

“I’m here, Minnie. Don’t worry, I’ll keep you safe.” Sungmin blushed and ducked his head as I kissed his forehead. Omo! He’s so aegyo. Even when he just went through a traumatizing experience, he still stays strong for everyone.

“Stay with me tonight? I don’t want to be alone…” he said, still scared that the evil creature would come back to kill him.

“You’ll never be alone, Minnie. Tomorrow, you’re coming to live with me. Saranghaeyo, my aegyo king.” I said as we fell asleep in each other’s arms.

***

Sungmin and I have been dating ever since. It has been five years today. I think it was just fate that our anniversary is so close to Valentine’s Day. I don’t know what I would’ve done without my Minnie. He’s brought out the best in me, the one who’s not afraid to love and show my feelings. Ever since I’ve met him, back in elementary school, I’ve been smiling more and more.

A soft melody from a piano took me out of my thoughts, the melody reaching deep into my memory. The song seemed familiar. I subconsciously hummed a tune as I looked at my watch. Omo! It’s 4:35 already?! I was supposed to meet Sungmin five minutes ago in the school’s main lobby. I quickly ran through the school, grateful that the wall that I put my mural on wasn’t far from the main lobby. As I was running, I noticed that the piano tune was getting louder and louder.

I slowed down to a walk, as I reached the stairs going down to the lobby. It was then that the most beautiful voice accompanied the piano. I would know that voice anywhere.

“Call out my heart, free my soul…” I reached the last step as Sungmin opened his eyes. He kept playing, all the while keeping his eyes locked on mine. I saw all the emotions in his eyes, and love was all I found.

Abruptly, Sungmin stopped playing and wrapped me in his arms.

“Saranghaeyo, Kyuhyunnie. Happy anniversary, sweetie.” He whispered in my ear before placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

 

A/N: Personally, I love this chapter. Thanks to all the people who viewed, and a special thanks to my subscribers and commentors. I'm planning on updating every day, or every other day at most.

A VERY special thanks to my bestest friend in the whole wide world for staying up with me and posting chapter one because I wasn't able to use my computer. ^.^