It Was As Though You Were Sent To Save Me

No Other

Eunhyuk’s POV

The beat of the music flowed throughout my body. My limbs moved on their own accord, listening carefully to the song. I was lost to the music, the notes and my body becoming one. I loved this feeling. I didn’t have a care in the world, as dancing was my safe haven. Well dancing and a certain someone. Dancing was my life. It was how I expressed myself.

Baby, I can’t stop my heart, oh crazy. You’re too pretty, I can’t take it, oh crazy. If it’s not you, I don’t need it, crazy. Why am I like this?” The song related to me so well. I couldn’t get that person out of my head, and it was driving me crazy. Lee Donghae. He’s been consuming my every thought. Even as I was thinking, I could still feel my body moving to the song. I saw the auditorium door open from the corner of my eye.

“Yah! Lee Hyukjae! I didn’t know you liked our song that much!” Jonghyun yelled out from the door. As he walked in, I saw the rest of the group coming in like I expected. These guys don’t go anywhere without each other. I saw Key reach out to take Jonghyun’s hand, as Taemin and Minho were too busy staring into each other’s eyes. Onew and I were just staring at the rest, laughing our butts off. I cleared my throat, wanting to find out what they were here for. Usually, they just wait till I get home.

“Hey Hyun, why did you decide to grace me with your presence? What’s so important that it couldn’t wait for me to get home?” I was a little more than a bit annoyed that they were disturbing my practice. Onew, being the leader of their group, decided to speak.

“So our manager told us that we have to film our music video for Ring Ding Dong, and we’re allowed to pick two people to choreograph the dance moves. You just so happened to be one of them.” I was ecstatic, but my mind couldn’t help but to try to guess who the other person was. My curiosity got the best of me.

“Wait. Who’s the other person?” Taemin and Minho smiled at me, and to tell the truth, it was really creepy. Key wasn’t any better.

“So we talked to the second person, and it turns out that they were excited to be working with you.” Jonghyun answered. Can he be anymore cryptic?

“It’s your lover, Lee Donghae.” Taemin yelled. I felt my cheeks warm at his comment. My lover. I loved the sound of that. Donghae is an amazing dancer, and I’ve had the pleasure of working with him in the school’s dance team. Donghae was my first best friend here in Neul Paran high. He accepted me into his group. It must’ve been fate that he and his best friends were the singing and dancing group here. Donghae is the most amazing person I’ve ever met.

***

Ugh. What am I doing here? Everyone was staring at me like I was some freak. Damn you Onew and Taemin for making me move here with you. Ever since SHINee became a huge thing, we had to move around a lot. They said that now, we were going to be permanently living here, but I had my doubts. I could already feel like I wasn’t going to like it here.

I explored the school, looking for a place I felt comfortable in. I heard the faint sound of music, and my feet automatically tried to lead me to the place. It wasn’t long until I reached a large door, the song becoming louder. It wasn’t a song I recognized, and I am an awfully curious person. I couldn’t stop myself from going in, and I was left speechless.

The song playing sounded so sad, but the words were so powerful. The beauty on stage was depicting the song perfectly, dancing swiftly and amazingly. He was so graceful, but passionate.

You’re so, so beautiful. I’m entranced by your appearance, I’m entranced. I’m captured by your gaze; I can’t turn my head around either. I’m a fool…” The dance was absolutely flawless. My eyes were locked on the dancer. Suddenly, he opened his eyes, and I really was entranced. He never stopped dancing, but kept his eyes on mine throughout the entire dance. My hands automatically clapped for him as soon as the song was over.

I walked over, wanting to be closer to this beauty. It looked like we shared a passion for dancing. The look in the eyes, the grace, all of that could not be fake passion. I would know. As I got closer, he smiled, showing all his teeth. His smile took my breath away, and I could not help but to smile as well.

“Hi! My name is Lee Donghae!” He was so energetic. He was so adorable. The next thing I knew, Donghae threw his arms around me and wrapped me in a hug. I followed my instinct and wrapped my arms around his waist, my entire body feeling electrified.

“I’m Lee Hyukjae, but please call me Eunhyuk.” I managed to choke out, whispering it in his ear. He pulled back and smiled at me once more.

“Oh! You must be new here.” Donghae must’ve seen my confused face, as he laughed lightly and started to explain. “My best friends and I are in the student council. We have to know the name of every student and new student. We’re also the dance and singing team of Neul Paran. I was just practicing our new song, but it’s not finished yet. I just can’t seem to get this dance quite right though.” Dance team? Donghae’s face darkened, as a frown appeared. My heart almost broke. I didn’t want to see him sad.

“That dance was perfect. You know, I love to dance as well. Maybe I’ll dance for you sometime.” Donghae was back to being the happy, adorable little kid. His eyes got all big, like a fish. It made me chuckle. He was too cute!

“Really?! How about right now?” When he was looking at me like that, I couldn’t say no. I just nodded my head and he the music. It was the same song he was dancing to earlier.

I want you like crazy. I can’t go a day without you, oh baby. I hold you in my arms; my heart still beats for that love. I’m suffocating more and more; I think I’ll die like this. I want you, baby.” My body moved to the beat, and I got into the song. This song got to me, and I just focused on the words. I could feel Donghae’s eyes on me, watching me closely. I lived for that feeling, for entertaining people with my moves. All too soon, the song ended. But I felt like there was something missing.

Realize, the heat, the lie. Baby, give me, can’t a lie.” I whispered, but it still echoed throughout the auditorium.

We don’t make a sound, and we keep feeling this space.” Donghae chimed in and it sounded so right.

We feel the love syndrome that we’re falling deeply into.

Let’s never change, let’s never break up.

Let’s say we love each other more than ourselves.

Even a hundred times, even a thousand times…

On and on, precious love.” We said together. It was perfect. Donghae jumped up and down in glee.

“That was amazing! We have to go tell the other guys!” Donghae said and dragged me somewhere. All the while, my heart was beating fast in my chest as I felt tingles on my hand.

***

“Hyung!” Taemin yelled. I refocused on reality, and saw that Donghae was in front of me as well. I blushed and looked away, embarrassed that I hadn’t been paying attention. “Good. Now that you’re paying attention, here’s what we have to tell you.”

“It’s a good thing that you guys are best friends, because you’re going to have to be together all the time so that you can choreograph this piece. Hyukkie-hyung, you know you’re an amazing dancer, and Donghae-hyung, from what Hyukkie has told us, you’re just as good. Hyung already knows all the details, so he’ll fill you in, Donghae.” Onew took over. “Hyung, we’ll see you at home. See you soon, umma.” Before they all left, Minho and Taemin turned back to look at me and wink. Umma? Where did that come from?

I noticed that Donghae saw them wink at me. My cheeks got even warmer and I felt so embarrassed. Finally, Donghae and I were alone.

“They’re right.” He said. “We are going to be together all the time.” Donghae said and left a lingering kiss on my cheek.