Cause I Can't Stop Thinkin' 'Bout You, Boy

No Other

Henry’s POV

Why is everyone so busy? Don’t they know their little maknae needs help wooing the guy of his dreams? Let’s see. Ryeowook is with Yesung, Sungmin and Kyuhyun are celebrating their fifth anniversary. That crosses two of my best friends out. I don’t want to go to Siwon. He’s probably with Kibum.

“Gah!” I cried out in frustration. Does the world hate me or something? Everyone in our group, except for Donghae and I, have some special someone. Donghae is probably going to be with Eunhyuk soon, so then it’ll be just me.

And I was like baby, baby, baby oh. Like baby, baby, baby, no. Like baby, baby, baby, oh. Thought you’d always be mine.

I really needed to change my ringtone. I wasn’t in Canada anymore. Although I had grown up Korea with Hangeng, I was born in Canada and frequently went to visit. Last time I went, my friends would not stop playing Justin Bieber songs. He was apparently the “best thing” in English music.

It won’t stop ringing! Ugh. Might as well just see who it is.

“Oh so now you decide to pick up, Mochi.” Changmin’s taunting voice said from the other line. Changmin was my other best friend, beside Ryeowook and Sungmin. He was in a band called DBSK, so he hardly ever had time to call. Since Junsu is Heechul’s younger brother, and I spent a lot of time with Heechul growing up, and Junsu and his friends usually hung out with us. I guess I just clicked with Changmin the most. It was probably because he and I were the youngest. But even he was older than me.

“YO, MOCHI!” Changmin yelled and nearly busted my eardrum. I realized I’d been in such deep thought.

“What is it, my dear Changminnie?” I sweetly replied, secretly cursing him in my head.

“Can’t a guy call up his best friend when they’re on break? Geez Mochi, I just wanted to say hi.” I chuckled at my best friend. I missed him so much when he was touring in Japan.

“Well you got your message across. How can I help you?”

“What would you do if I told you that the band and I are back in Korea, and that we’re at your school right now?” I’d be a liar if I said I wasn’t excited at the possibility of my best friend coming to see me after who knows how long.

“Why would you ask a question like that? I’d go all Korean drama on you and run into your arms and all that.” I could hear his loud laugh in the ear that wasn’t occupied by the cell phone.

“Then turn around.” A deep voice whispered in my ear. There he was. Shim Changmin. True to my word, I ran into his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist. I buried my face in his neck, small tears coming out of my eyes. I missed him so much. “There there, little Mochi. I’m here, don’t worry. I missed you too.” He said, trying to console me. I felt eyes burning holes on my back, but I was too caught up with Changminnie to care.

“What are you doing here, Minnie? How long are you staying? Where are the others?” I fired question after question at him. All he did was laugh at me.

“I told you Henry, I’m on break. We’re doing a couple of shows in Korea, so about a month or so. Well Junsu said that he was going to go find Heechul, and you know how Yoochun and Junsu are inseparable. I think Yunho and Jaejoong went to go find Leeteuk-hyung. How have you been, Mochi?”

“I should be asking you that question, Changminnie. You are the one that just came back from Japan.” I lowered my voice down to a whisper. Changmin is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. I don’t know what I would do if he got hurt or something. When he left, it hurt my heart so much because he was the one I was the closest to.

“I’ve been just fine, Mochi. It’s been hard to try and get over the pain of losing your first love, but I’ve been fine besides that.” Changmin and I had dated before he went to Japan. We were perfect together. He was my first everything. My first love, my first kiss, everything. It was really hard to let him go, but we decided it was for the best if we broke up and saw other people since he was in the music business, and he didn’t want me to get hurt if he had to go out with girls from the company. I felt a few more tears fall out of my eyes.

It was hard to get over him. It really was. I was depressed for months after he left. And then Zhou Mi came to Neul Paran. The pain lessened considerably, but there was still the ache left behind. Changmin and I will always be best friends though, no matter what.

“No more crying, okay? I’m here and I’m not leaving for the next few months. Now smile. Someone as adorable as you doesn’t look good, frowning.” He chuckled and I hit his chest, but I couldn’t stop the smile that appeared on my face. “Now tell me, what have you been doing while I was away?”

“Nothing really, just been hanging with the guys. There’s this new kid. And I really like him.” I mumbled the last part. I don’t know why, because I could tell Changmin anything. I looked into his eyes and saw a brief flash of pain, but it went away. He shot me his amazing smile a few seconds later, and I could feel the blush that always came to my cheeks whenever Changmin was near.

“Well…tell me all about him! Let’s start with his name so I know who to kill if they hurt my little baby Mochi.” Changmin was always overprotective, so I didn’t really doubt him. I told him all about Zhou Mi, and everything that he missed. Changmin was quiet, but I knew he was listening. He always listens.

“So let me get this straight. You like a guy who you’ve said five words to.” All I could do was nod. “We have some serious work to do, Henry. Do you know where he might be?” Well it was a Saturday, so I had no idea where anyone besides my group was. What do I look like? Some stalker? I gave Changmin an incredulous look, and he just sighed. “We’re just going to have to start on Monday then.”

“Start what?”

“You’ll see.” He winked at me and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers together. He led me to our secret place. “Cause I can’t stop thinking ‘bout you boy…” he started to sing.

Changmin and I were always like this. We were comfortable with each other. He leaned in to kiss my cheek, and I swear I heard someone growl.

 

A/N: Sorry about being so late with the chapter :/ I had family things for the past two days. Working on chapter 8 right now ^.^ Might have it up later today