Don't Go Away...

No Other

Sorry for being so late with the chapter :/ I've had serious issues writing this chapter. Thanks to Kaiichi for keeping me company when I couldn't think of anything to write ^.^ This chapter was mostly inspired by "Don't Go Away" by Super Junior Trot. Mainly because it was on repeat while I was writing xD ENERGY MUSIC! There's a lot of our favorite little turtle, Ddangkoma, in this chapter. I love Ddangkoma so much<3

~~~

Yesung’s POV

“Come on, Ddangkoma! Time to go see Wookie!” I yelled happily, noticing that Ddangkoma appeared to move faster than normal when I mentioned Wookie. That turtle loved Ryeowook almost as much as I did. Almost. I doubt anyone could love Ryeowook as much as I did. I loved my Wookie more than anything, even Ddangkoma.

Kim Ryeowook. That name alone almost brought me to my knees. He’s my angel, my life, my everything. Ryeowook was my light in the dark, always there to help and guide me. Wookie may be younger, but he’s wise beyond his years. Him and his our group of friends brought me out of my shell, out of my hole of depression. I don’t think I could ever find someone as amazing as my Wookie. Not that I wanted to.

***

"Ddangkoma! Where are you, baby? Come back to appa!” I breathed deeply, catching my breath after looking around the entire school for Ddangkoma. He may be a turtle, but I don’t know what I would do if I lost him. He’s my little baby. I saw a whole group of guys standing around something. Maybe it was my Ddangkoma! I moved closer to get a better look, and my suspicions were correct. I pushed through the crowd and picked up my little Ddangkoma.

“Baby, are you alright?” I asked him, making sure he wasn’t hurt. I looked at the crowd of people, noticing that they all had angry looks in their eyes. They were so much larger than I was, I actually got scared. What did I do to provoke them? The largest one, which I was assuming was the leader, started to speak.

“Who do you think you are? Your little turtle here caused one of my men to get hurt.” Another guy stood out, sticking out his hand. There were two tiny red dots. That’s it? Ddangkoma must’ve bitten the guy. But they should know better than to anger a snapping turtle. The large guy pushed me into the lockers. “It’s time for you to pay for your precious turtle.” He snatched Ddangkoma from my hands and handed him to another guy. The large bully curled his hands into a fist and was about to hit me when a familiar voice interrupted.

“YAH! Get away from him, Kwon Ji Yong!”That voice is usually softer, less harsh. As Ryeowook came closer, I saw the fear and annoyance in the large person’s eyes. Ryeowook is so small! How could anyone be afraid of him? I could see ‘Ji Yong’ try to mask his fear with a face of arrogance.

“Ah, if it isn’t Kim Ryeowook. How may I help you today? If you hadn’t noticed, I was a little busy…chatting…with a new friend of mine. And how many times have I told you to never call me by that name? My name is G-Dragon.” Ji Yong tried to brush Ryeowook off, but he was having none of that. He stepped in between me and the large boy. His posture was confident and he spoke with authority.

“Well ‘G-Dragon’,” Ryeowook started, mocking the silly nickname. “You’re registered here as Kwon Ji Yong, and that is what I will call you. And your ‘new friend’ doesn’t seem like he wants to talk to you. So, how ‘bout you give him his turtle back, and leave him alone?” Wow. For a person so small, Ryeowook could be very menacing.

“How about I say no?” Ji Yong responded back. Ryeowook’s mouth twisted into an evil smirk. I was really afraid for the guy, but he asked for it.

“Wrong answer, Ji Yong.” Ryeowook said evilly. “SIWON-HYUNG!” Ryeowook yelled. A tall, muscular guy in a suit walked into the lobby, and eight other guys followed behind. You can tell just by looking at them, that they held a lot of power in this school. Ji Yong noticeably gulped, as his minion behind him threw my Ddangkoma into the air.

“NO! DDANGKOMA!” My heart was beating fast in my chest. I saw that Ryeowook was also reacting to catch him. But as fate would have it, one of the people behind ‘Siwon’ caught Ddangkoma. I breathed a sigh of relief, and rushed over to check over my baby. It seemed like Ryeowook had the same intention, as he got to the turtle faster than I did.

“My little baby, are you okay?” Ryeowook kept asking Ddangkoma. My heart warmed at the sight. It was like the first time Ryeowook and I met. Ryeowook accepted Ddangkoma, and treated him like the little turtle was his son. “Thank you so much for saving my baby, Kyuhyun!” Ryeowook took Ddangkoma from the person’s hands, and I then noticed the person’s face. We were in the same class! I looked at the rest of the people, recognizing them all by face, but not by name.

“Yesungie?” Ryeowook’s voice was back to the innocent, little kid voice. “They’re gone now. Siwon-hyung took care of them. He’s the school’s class president.” That would explain why he was wearing a suit. I think he saw that I was really uncomfortable surrounded by people I didn’t really know. Still holding onto Ddangkoma, he started introducing the surrounding guys one by one. Each guy gave some signal when their name was called.

“This is Leeteuk. He’s the oldest out of all of us. Then its Heechul-” Ryeowook got interrupted by the feminine looking male.

“I am THE great Kim Heechul.” Heechul added in. Ryeowook shot the elder a hard glare, but continued on.

“Yes, thank you Heechul-hyung. Next is Heechul’s boyfriend, Hankyung. After, it’s Shindong, Sungmin, Siwon, Donghae, Kyuhyun, who is Sungmin’s boyfriend, and last but not least, Henry. Henry’s our little maknae.” He spoke affectionately about his best friends, and he looked like a proud mother. Finally, Ryeowook turned to me and said “Everyone, this is Yesung. And this little guy is Ddangkoma.” I still felt a bit awkward and wanted to leave, and the group saw this.

“You can’t leave yet, hyung! We have to get to know you first! You are officially part of our group now.” Sungmin said. I wanted to cry tears of happiness, which was a first since I had gotten Ddangkoma two years ago. These people really wanted me to join them, and didn’t think I was weird for carrying a pet turtle around. I enthusiastically nodded my head as a warm hand grabbed mine and started pulling me with them.

A hand that fit perfectly in mine. Ryeowook’s.

***

I walked outside, smiling from the recent memory. I hoped to find my Wookie quickly, not wanting to be away from him any longer. He said that he would be in front of the dorms, washing his car. I quickly looked around, my eyes immediately recognizing his form. I would be able to recognize my love anywhere. Ryeowook had a faraway look in his eye, as he was probably deep into some memory. I chuckled softly and made my way over to him.

I gently placed Ddangkoma on his shoulder, knowing that Ryeowook would know Ddangkoma out of a sea of turtles. Ryeowook acted like Ddangkoma’s mother, and I loved Ryeowook even more for that. We were a little mini family. The rest of the guys often acted like uncles, and most people would think it was weird that we all love this one turtle so much. We all are attached to Ddangkoma.

I noticed Wookie snapped out of his daydream, so I wrapped my arms around him. We were a perfect fit. Two halves of a whole. Ryeowook was mine and no one else’s.

“Hey, baby.” I whispered quietly in his ear. I knew that I would be by Ryeowook’s side my entire life. There’s no place I’d rather be.